Abortion

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
For Mikhail. The quote splitting is annoying, but is it really ban worthy?

Eh, whatev.

khalid

Unelected Mod
The more disturbing thing about it to me is Draegan jumped into an active discussion on gun control where Mikhail was saying he was wrong, warns him about a post that is calling his argument silly, then he gets banned a bit later. If nothing else it just looks like a huge conflict of interest. I seriously doubt Draegan would have even noticed the post if it wasn't tearing his own post apart.

Also, could someone point me to a rule saying multiquotes are so bad? I LIKE them better than a single response, at least someone went to the time to read your post and respond to it in part, not just with a one-liner.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I agree the ban was not deserved, but he got banned for it previously in the politics thread so it's at least consistent. His alt is already up and running anyway so I'm not too freaked.

NAZIMODS

This is out of control. Chaos gave me an infraction. That, combined with my earlier infractions meant that I couldn't post for like 3 weeks. I got bored and started spamming the report button on like every post of chaos' to see how long it would take me to get banned (the answer: a while). Someone banned me for 3 days and then that was changed to a permanent ban. That's it. While I do think infractions for split posting are retarded, the actual ban was totally justified.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Ya I don't mind the multi posting at all and think its a useful tool for a meaningful argument, infractions for that is pretty lame. Spamming the report button though...lol.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's fucking dumb that our mods are too fucking lazy to just scroll past someone's posts that they don't like. Lets ban them or put them in time out instead, that's a good way to foster discussion on a discussion board.

It's fucking dumb that our mods are too fucking lazy to just scroll past someone's posts that they don't like. Lets ban them or put them in time out instead, that's a good way to foster discussion on a discussion board.
That's true but I was also definitely turbo-trolling on that last post so it's not like beyond the pale to slap me on the wrist for it.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
He's been warned repeatedly to not multi-quote 50 individual fucking sentences in every post and/or to not post 5 times in a row. He's a shit poster, and goes out of his way to be, as he's readily admitted already. Fuck him.

He's been warned repeatedly to not multi-quote 50 individual fucking sentences in every post and/or to not post 5 times in a row. He's a shit poster, and goes out of his way to be, as he's readily admitted already. Fuck him.
The only thing I go out of my way to do is annoy people that I think are dumb and people that insist on stupid stuff like that I post in a way that makes context really annoying to figure out. What's the worst case scenario for me here? That I get IP banned from a board filled up with people that are so in love with their superficial banter that they flip out when someone takes the time to address each and every part of what someone else is saying in detail? Particularly for complex issues (like the kind that exist in many of the General threads) it's sort of important to be able to deal with related sub-issues without just letting stuff drop.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just because he's been warned about this arbitrary new rule before doesn't change the fact that any mod who enforces this arbitrary new rule is a gigantic faggot.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The only thing I go out of my way to do is annoy people that I think are dumb and people that insist on stupid stuff like that I post in a way that makes context really annoying to figure out. What's the worst case scenario for me here? That I get IP banned from a board filled up with people that are so in love with their superficial banter that they flip out when someone takes the time to address each and every part of what someone else is saying in detail? Particularly for complex issues (like the kind that exist in many of the General threads) it's sort of important to be able to deal with related sub-issues without just letting stuff drop.
Picking apart minutiae isn't the proper way to address or debate issues, and if you think it is you're the biggest moron around these parts.

Picking apart minutiae isn't the proper way to address or debate issues, and if you think it is you're the biggest moron around these parts.
I don't think it's minutiae that's being picked apart. For example, in that last exchange with chaos, any of the following would have undermined my conclusion on abortion:

1. That there is no minimum quality of life which validates deliberately ending it.
2. That's it's immoral for the parents to decide the minimal acceptable quality of life for the future children.
3. That human beings are distinguishable from a collection of human cells by some quality other than the mind and that such a quality is present at conception.
4. That potential lives have equivalent moral weight to current lives.
5. That people can actually suffer so much that it would be better that they had not been born in the first place.

It's not a simple issue and it's really not appropriate to address this huge mass of issues (overlapping though they may be) with a giant block of text. The very relatedness of the issues will make attributing my replies to the portion of the post I'm actually responding to messy, to say the least.The reason my posts develop this hydra-like quality is because the issues themselves have such a form.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I gave him an infraction not just for the multiquoting but for just shitposting in general. That infraction landed him in the RRP and he then started acting like a fag and slamming the report function, which also spams the mods mailboxes. I still gave him 30 reports before I banned him for 3 days for being a fag. He was generally chill after that and even wrote a greasemonkey script people can use to ignore trolls, with no sense of irony but still. He deserved the infraction and eventually the ban. I have given out a grand total of two infractions, both Mikhail and the other guy deserved it. I don't think his ban should go over 3 days, ht at this point that isn't up to me.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
What constitutes "shitposting"? Us plebs need to know where we stand so we can toe the line.