About fohguild.org and Requiem

SirJames

Golden Squire
So I've been lurking on fohguild.org for a long time etc. etc.

All of the recent drama has left me wondering who the hell Requiem actually is and what he does. FOH was told that he was super busy, runs 1/2 of the internet, is a millionaire CEO, has 17 companies, etc. etc.

Also, he has been posting the last few days and any likes to repeat some quote about how its going to cost $50k and $1500 per month to host a FOH like site. He appears to have a pretty smug attitude about it and to me it sounds like in his mind he is the only person on earth capable of keeping FOH alive. Its all very strange. So at this point I'm just assuming Req is the CEO of Akami or Rackspace or something I dunno.

Most of this info is probably already known by some of you, like I said I didn't know this and I was curious.

He appears to be the CTO of Open Source Solutions:

The IP address of fohguild.org is: 38.103.160.20.
That IP also hosts elitistjerks.com and mtgsalvation.com

His company appears to be under control of the 38.103.160.XXX block (part or all of it, hard to tell)
If your bored you can see more information here:http://ip.robtex.com/38.103.160.21.html

Just thought others might be interesting in seeing some actual facts instead of the BS.

Quoted from link

"Name Redacted is well-known for his ability to bring "5-alarm fires" under control in moments among his co-workers, friends and partners, as well as, predicting and pre-mitigating said "fires".

Well he missed predicting this!!

He claims to not care about foh.org, but I mean why would you host the site for all those years if you didn't care about it on some level.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe he's trying to bury it? In that other thread in SS it looks like the domain expires in 5 days?

If it really is costing him that much money, just fucking get rid of the thing. Plus, it looks more and more like Tyen was doing some highly unethical or illegal shit with the site, possibly with Requiem's knowledge. Maybe he finally figured out what was going on and wants it gone?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Good to see you, James. About FOH, I could care less any more. Instead of showing social skills after morenetz died, all they did was find more reasons to give us to leave again.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
it was known he was aready into webhosting. Salty as a sales Vp is funny, considering his awesome PR skills.

Maybe he's trying to bury it? In that other thread in SS it looks like the domain expires in 5 days?

If it really is costing him that much money, just fucking get rid of the thing. Plus, it looks more and more like Tyen was doing some highly unethical or illegal shit with the site, possibly with Requiem's knowledge. Maybe he finally figured out what was going on and wants it gone?
Yah, I could understand him making a post about shutting down the site because it cost too much or he lost interest.

I don't see how making the entire community hate him does anything useful though. He could shut the site down without all that effort.

Maybe he was trying to galvanize the community to migrate to a new site, but if that was his goal, I'm sure there would have been easier and more helpful ways to accomplish that.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I doubt that is the real James.

The wording is way too family friendly

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I keep seeing where people keep saying Ian doesn't care.. NEVER did he say he doesn't care. He said he doesn't care any MORE then he did when he first started running the site. Reading comprehension ftw. As someone else with Asbergers I completely understand what he was saying about that's why FoH was so successful.. the fact that he wasn't a rabid dog about shit on the site allowed all of us to express ourselves and be who we are. If he had been a control freak we wouldn't be here right now cause we would have already all gone off in different directions because we would never have had people like Millie, Sam, hell even me for that matter, if almost anyone else had been in charge of the boards and let's face it no matter what you think about Jon, Sam, or myself we have made FoH fun for you all. We have given you more laughs than you could ever have gotten any where else. So how about stepping away from the computer screen a second and taking the time to thank the fucker who almost single handily allowed us to have such a great place as FoH in the first place... even if he let it go to shit in the end.

I don't normally thank people who tell me to fuck off.

I have no doubt if his public relations were a little better, people would have had no problem thanking him or even stayed on the old site.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't normally thank people who tell me to fuck off.

I have no doubt if his public relations were a little better, people would have had no problem thanking him or even stayed on the old site.
^

He told us to fuck off. Then he spent an entire day (after we had all left for 3 days) talking about how FoH was costing him a shit ton of money. Then he told us to fuck off some more. Yeah, he clearly cared.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I didn't realize you had assburgers, Big Fat. Learn something every day.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No idea about what Req thinks or cares about, but after being told to fuck off and that this community will fail the thing I want most is to help this community be the best ever and also make it sustainable. Req may not care about us but I do.