Actually playing Starcraft 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Stargate allins still work, just make sure the terran walled off and make one oracle before the Void Ray
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How often do Terrans you face wall off? I haven't done it since the start of HOTS since it is nearly impossible to not lose the depots with Stalkers + MSC.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This has nothing to do with improvement but I thought it was funny. Some dude 6 pooled me and then went "haha noob", so to counter his bad manners I placed a single extractor in one of the corners of the map. I basically just wanted to waste his time. He ran by it then said "you win noob" and left the game. He proceeded to send me trash talking messages all day now. Made absolutely 0 sense.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it's a shame how much trash talking is going on in these games. It feels like the activision bean counters have decided that pretending to do something about it by report functions that don't produce reports while not having a GM staff is more profit because hardly anyone doesn't buy their games over it

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Trash talking doesn't matter to me. We're both silver league players, it's not like he did some crazy magic and outsmarted me. He pulled an all-in. I would've been fine with losing and going on my way, but since he wanted to be a bastard about it I just wanted to waste his time a bit. Didn't think he'd rage quit.

He then also told me he was "top silver EU" and I better watch out. After awhile he asked me if I wanted to practice with him. ????????

Tenks

Beat me to it Zap! Although DH wasn't exactly a who's-who of Terrans but it'll be nice to have some fresh reps to comb over.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Oh I'm sure it doesn't matter but,
Well replays have nothing to do with general SC2, now I can figure out how exactly Nani does his 4gate in PvZ and how to do gateway expand on Bel'Shir Vestige without dying horribly. Seems like it had a lot to do with actually playing the game. Also Hero tournament replays are pretty rare and the way he organizes his hotkeys was a mystery to me just based on watching his stream...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
One thing I need to do is better hotkey management.. right now I'm still throwing my army on one key
frown.png
Gotta break the habit. Going to try to follow Ret's keybinds. He is my Hero.

frown.png

Tenks

One thing I need to do is better hotkey management.. right now I'm still throwing my army on one key
frown.png
Gotta break the habit. Going to try to follow Ret's keybinds. He is my Hero.
Honestly it isn't that uncommon for me to review my own reps and see my opponent hot keyed everything on 1. I'd say most common with Pro toss and Zerg if they go roach/hydra. Don't forget at your level you can take any enegaement with any units with zero micro and still win if you are doing proper macro.

frown.png

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I was trying to make myself unlearn hotkeying the whole army on single key, but there's really nothing wrong with it I think. You just need to have specific groups hotkeyed too, so you can easily micro or be quick with your mouse. It's much more important to have an idea how the battle will look like so you are prepared to do the necessary moves - in colo+army you ideally want your stalkers and colossi separate hotkeys, so after you amove the whole ball, you can shoot down the vikings or pull back the colossi. If you want to get extra fancy or feel ahead, you have a warp prism in the background flying into your opponents base to harass too.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Honestly it isn't that uncommon for me to review my own reps and see my opponent hot keyed everything on 1. I'd say most common with Pro toss and Zerg if they go roach/hydra. Don't forget at your level you can take any enegaement with any units with zero micro and still win if you are doing proper macro.
Yeah, I mean if I go Roach/Hydra there really isn't a need to put them on separate keys unless I want to go full on Roach up front and Hydras in the back (which I guess isn't a bad idea
wink.png
). It's times when I have Infestors, Broodlords, and other units that I need protected that I really need to focus on.

wink.png