Actually playing Starcraft 2

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Whoa 2 for 2 on beating Protoss on the ladder this morning. I snagged a new build from theOgnis that I'm digging in the matchup. It isn't anything new or revolutionary but it does set you up on 3 CC pretty safely.

12/12 Reaper -> Reactor
CC @ 400 at natural
Factory @ 150 minerals -> Mines (you'll make like 3-4 defensively)
Engi @ 150 minerals (mainly to spend some gas)
CC @ 400 @ depends on the map and his build order
2x Rax @ 300 -> Tech/Tech -> Stim
Port
2x Gas
Depending on if you need the mines or not (like if he went with a Nexus/Collossus you can be fairly sure you won't need more) reactor factory to swap. If not just reactor the port.
CB shields

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I keep winning by absolutely demolishing opponents but it won't promote me, lol. I feel bad. I mean I'm still terrible but I am just destroying people. Best silver leaguer you'll ever meet. Haven't lost a game in weeks.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I keep winning by absolutely demolishing opponents but it won't promote me, lol. I feel bad. I mean I'm still terrible but I am just destroying people. Best silver leaguer you'll ever meet. Haven't lost a game in weeks.
I also don't drop a game in weeks, especially when I'm not playing.

It's also hard to get promoted when the ladder is locked ...

Tenks

I had a strange day on ladder because I was winning pretty consistantly. Was either playing mid/high diamond or low Masters then all of a sudden I got paired against a top8 Silver, won, played again and got matched against a mid Platinum. Won that as well then was back to playing high diamonds. I'd say it would seem odd but both the players were decent and not abysmal so maybe they were just locked into their leagues. Only oddness was the mid plat you'd expect him at least top8 if he's ladder locked. Perhaps he was just on a winning streak.

Tenks

It just takes your last season MMR. Your one game played has as much meaning as any other game you played yesterday.

Tenks

Not really. Only reason for ladder resets are to (a) remove inactives from ladder (b) add new maps. The first few months of HOTS ladder was so wonky because all MMRs were reset for the expansion and it was pretty unenjoyable. I'm glad they seed your MMR. Unless you skip a season entirely then I believe it resets your MMR entirely.

Tenks

Is there any good way to determine if a Zerg you're facing is using auto-creep/auto-inject hacks? I only ask because I was against a Zerg yesterday who didn't strike me as very good at drop defense or army control but his creep spread was amazing and based upon the constant Zergling flooding he was doing had extraordinary injects. It was a tad suspicious because his queens dedicated to tumors would advance/tumor even when Hellions were standing right there. His queens seemed to move forward regardless of what was infront of them.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Proving it would be hard, but you can check the replay how fast was he injecting/creep spreading while obviously doing something else and compare that to other zergs.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't really see the point of a hack like that, but I guess people will use whatever they can to get ahead. There are pro's that don't even spread creep, like I thought Idra never really does much (any) creep spread.

Random retard question. What are the purpose of unbuildable plates? I mean besides the obvious, why were they added and why was it such a big deal?

Tenks

Yeah there are quite a number of hacks. Some easier to spot than others. There are auto-split hacks for Marine vs Baneling. Auto-blink hacks. Like I said auto-creep and auto-inject. Basically anything that takes personal skill and macro awareness can be hacked.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't really see the point of a hack like that, but I guess people will use whatever they can to get ahead. There are pro's that don't even spread creep, like I thought Idra never really does much (any) creep spread.

Random retard question. What are the purpose of unbuildable plates? I mean besides the obvious, why were they added and why was it such a big deal?
Cannon and bunker rushing, you could wall the ramp so the zerg couldn't pull drones and that cheese had like 70% success rate unless you were blindly countering it with patrolling drones. I'm actually surprised it's only for ramp, most BW maps had unbuildable center so you couldn't push with depos and turrets.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Cannon and bunker rushing, you could wall the ramp so the zerg couldn't pull drones and that cheese had like 70% success rate unless you were blindly countering it with patrolling drones. I'm actually surprised it's only for ramp, most BW maps had unbuildable center so you couldn't push with depos and turrets.
Makes sense, thanks.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Map hacks are too easy to detect. Most likely, a lot more people use the production tab hack.