Ahsoka

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Was Andor officially classed as a flop?
"flop" is, i think, too simplified a term for it. it was critically adored, but had the lowest ratings, i believe. so hardly anyone watched it, but most everyone who did really enjoyed it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"flop" is, i think, too simplified a term for it. it was critically adored, but had the lowest ratings, i believe. so hardly anyone watched it, but most everyone who did really enjoyed it

Yep had the lowest viewership. While it was well-received critically, it didn't pull the same people in who watched the other Disney+ Star Wars series.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Seems like a bad idea to have a 15 year long continuous story go through two different cartoons that follow up a series of six movies then into a live action TV show?

I've not seen a single Ahsoka thing but I've absorbed her story though nerd osmosis through the internet. I can't see normies giving a shit?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

Andor was the best of them all imho.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Andor was the best of them all imho.
Taking a guess, it will probably end up like Firefly and become a "hit" well after it's airing date.

Andor was luckier than Firefly, in that they got a two year commitment from the start, to tell their whole story. I am still a bit concerned that the writer's strike will give Disney an incentive to axe it, if they are stalled during reshoot and editing.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Taking a guess, it will probably end up like Firefly and become a "hit" well after it's airing date.

Andor was luckier than Firefly, in that they got a two year commitment from the start, to tell their whole story. I am still a bit concerned that the writer's strike will give Disney an incentive to axe it, if they are stalled during reshoot and editing.
If the actors already got paid for the 2 years, I don't see them axing the second season even since it will be delayed a while.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
of course it was. everything Lucasfilm has tanked since Mando s2. Mando S2 generated a lot of good will and fooled people into beieving real Star Wars was making a comeback, just to have that all flushed down the toilet. now everything is dead again. Ahsoka needs to wow the audience on Tuesday, because if its as boring as shit as it looks, then only the Rebels nerds will be tuning in to watch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It was a commercial flop. They need something that's going to get viewers and revitalize interest in the IP. Obi-wan and Boba Fatt weren't it.

Both shows had downtrends in viewership. Not sure what the completion rate was, but probably reflective of the decline in quality.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida

No, Neilson has limited tracking and by the end of year it was top 10 in D+ series (includes shit like High School Musical etc, so its not just Marvel / Star Wars). It gained word of mouth so people watched it later not on release which I doubt they care about. It's getting a second season regardless thankfully.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
It was a commercial flop. They need something that's going to get viewers and revitalize interest in the IP. Obi-wan and Boba Fatt weren't it.

Both shows had downtrends in viewership. Not sure what the completion rate was, but probably reflective of the decline in quality.

Its finale was the most watched episode on release, it was trending up constantly throughout the release,

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Its finale was the most watched episode on release, it was trending up constantly throughout the release,

That's fine. But citation needed on "it's the most watched ever, Nielsen caught up!!"

1692485228827.png

Drop some updated numbers if you have them. It looks like it did better than expected initially but I don't see the TOP 10 overall on Disney validation.

AFAIK this series is not a top 10 overall on D+ unless you are specifically talking about 1 episode to episode comparison or some special metric.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For anyone watching The Bear who watched Andor, I just realised the rebel Andor shoots after the heist is Richie.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Looks like they nailed live action Chopper in this. Still getting used to Hera but it’s growing on me.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looks like they nailed live action Chopper in this. Still getting used to Hera but it’s growing on me.
Chopper is done by Filoni. Be fucked up if they didn't get him right. lol..

Also, for people that haven't watched Rebels.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users