Ahsoka

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
yes, that's kind of what i meant by being a lost puppy, she doesn't know what to do without baylan and needs his guidance.

filoni (i think it was filoni) said that baylan and shin aren't sith, and the orange sabers are supposed to tell as much to the viewers. obviously we need more info, but it doesn't seem like baylan is teaching her anti-jedi teachings specifically... i mean shin even has the jedi padawan braid. so i think they align more with jedi teachings than sith so i'm not predisposed to the understanding that baylan is actively teaching shin to betray him one day.

but, of course, that doesn't mean your point doesn't stand. this is star wars, someone is getting betrayed.

I'm guessing the point of introducing non Jedi/sith force users is to open up possibilities beyond "always two there are" and eventually resemble Star Wars Galaxies when Jedi player characters were meant to be exclusively rare/difficult to obtain and just gave everyone s Jedi

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Enjoyed both episodes.

One niggle, the central plot is weak as buggery.

Ahsoka needs to find an ancient temple with a map to another galaxy where Thrawn is imprisoned/banished in present day. Presumably this is made clear in the animated series but coming at this cold it just sounds ludicrous.
What happens to Thrawn was the ending of Rebels. We will probably get a flashback when he shows up.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
the nightsisters are dathomiran, which are a subspecies of zabrak. male dathomirans have the dark skin colors and crown of horns like darth maul (who is the son of mother talzin, the one in the middle of this picture) while the females tend to have pale skin and no horns.

morgan elsbeth is human, not dathomiran, i'm not sure how she got wrapped up in the nightsisters, but that's why she doesn't look like any of the others
She could have been adopted into the Nightsisters or at least taught their magic. Their magic was just another way of using the Dark Side of the Force.

I'm guessing the point of introducing non Jedi/sith force users is to open up possibilities beyond "always two there are" and eventually resemble Star Wars Galaxies when Jedi player characters were meant to be exclusively rare/difficult to obtain and just gave everyone s Jedi

Filoni has used his time on Rebels and Clone Wars to put in a couple plot lines that show the Jedi/Sith are not the only kind of Force users out there. Baylon even does the same "We are no Jedi" line that Ahsoka used.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Nah, none of that shit, talking exclusively about the wolves outside.
Dave Filoni loves him some wolves, also the two not-Jedi's surnames are Hati and Skoll, who are the two wolves who chase the sun and moon prior to ragnarok.

So probably not a coincidence they were added to the mural; either for plot reasons, or just cause the dude just finds wolves fascinating.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wolves offer a special fascination for Filoni. “The inspiration for me begins with a movie called Never Cry Wolf based on the book by Farley Mowat and directed by Caroll Ballard,” he explained. The film, about a Canadian biologist who spends a year in the tundra researching wolves, engendered a life-long fascination for him. “It just really kind of opened my eyes as a young kid to the world and the environment and wolves.”

He noted that in many folkloric traditions, the wolf has a double nature depending on the specific story’s perspective. “They’re often vilified, but sometimes they’re seen as teachers,” he explained. “They have this duality towards mankind and a representation that to me is very similar to the Force. The Force has a dark side and a light side. These animals have stories that seem to have a dark side and a light side. I thought that they made an interesting symbol as far as an interaction with our Jedi characters [went] and what they might think of them. Or what they might think [the wolves] are actually saying to them.”
So yeah, Filoni has a thing for wolves.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm loving that the Chopper -- War Criminal memes have made a return to the intarwebz brought on by the 'Is that bad?' Response to Hera saying the ship would crash into the port city if she shot it down.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Eyesquintfry.jpg

Hows this mother fucker drawing and using that sidearm

1692927477603.png

EditL: Now i'm wondering how it even got dressed

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Nightsister Merrin is a full blooded Nightsister as well in the two Jedi Fallen Order games, dunno her background but she seems human so dunno if the Nightsisters recruit humans or if they are a race mix of humans and zabreks (maul). There were a bunch of Clone Wars episodes involving the night sisters and Dooku.

Merrin's SpaceOnlyFans

nightsister_merrin_by_pandarepublic_dfvbnb6-fullview.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I took Hati as the other half of Ahsoka's redemption arc - Ahsoka gets to overcome her own padawan experience with Sabine, while bringing Hati over to the light side like she failed to do with Anakin.

Hati's pretty clearly conflicted - she's skeeved out by working with a witch, gives Baylan the side eye at wanting unlimited power, doesn't attack Sabine first, and we'll likely find out she intentionally didn't give Sabine a mortal wound.

That said, as someone coming to this for Thrawn, not Rebels, I'm already getting annoyed. Filoni's interpretation of Thrawn has never matched Zahn's, even the recent prequel (but canon) books. Setting up the other galaxy does give whatever enemy the necessary travel time to arrive during the Mandoverse movie or the Rey sequels, depending on how they plan this out.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just watched Ep 1. So far I think the story is okay, not great. It has potential. The fights with Sabine were like watching a high school play. The best fight was with Baylon and Ashoka vs robots was okay in comparison to Sabine.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched the first two episodes. "The Force is Female" is in full effect.

Andor is the only good Star Wars live action tv show. Everything else is shlock for children and retards.

• 2Like
  • 2Edgelord
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The Internet (TM) has noticed that Sam Witwer (the lead in The Force Unleashed games) had a voice credit in the second episode, so maybe they are doing an adaptation of Starkiller as the mystery Inquisitor?

Honestly, I'm up for it - nowadays you don't put someone in a mask unless their identity is supposed to be a reveal, and Ezra would both be too obvious and screw up the motivation for going to the other galaxy. A Starkiller reveal would be a nice surprise for the fanbase, set up an Anakin's Apprentice vs Darth Vader's Apprentice fight, and possibly mean any Hayden Christensen appearance is a flashback with Starkiller, not a rehash with Ahsoka.

Witmer has done voice work for past Star Wars cartoons and games (mostly as Palpatine and Maul, but minor characters as well) though, so this may just be wishful thinking.

Cybsled

I do agree that the masked guy has got to be some major character. Ezra wouldn’t make sense. The helicopter saber made me think inquisitors perhaps, although they still had the orange saber which they seem to be hinting means they are sith/full darkside

Please don’t be that inquisitor woman from ObiWan lol. Gina Carano looked like an Oscar winner for best actress next to that woman

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The masked sith guy looks so good, its almost assured his reveal will be a let down. Thanks a lot Kylo Ren..

Maul

Dental Dammer
Defo love to eat Sabines asshole, fucking yellow fever and lightsabers, my two fav things.

• 1Solidarity

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"dribbly piss"
"incredibly boring"
"passionless"
"awful"
"mediocre"

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol'd @ Mauler being limited to 30 seconds with them knowing all his reviews are 2-3 hours long. Didn't want to give an opinion at all.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I do agree that the masked guy has got to be some major character. Ezra wouldn’t make sense. The helicopter saber made me think inquisitors perhaps, although they still had the orange saber which they seem to be hinting means they are sith/full darkside

Please don’t be that inquisitor woman from ObiWan lol. Gina Carano looked like an Oscar winner for best actress next to that woman
Yeah, there's no reason for everyone to have their face visible except for this one guy. Even the inquisitors who wore masks had their faces visible plenty of times.

His name is Marrok which has two interesting ideas attached to it. Marrok was the name of one of the knights of the round table who got turned into a wolf. This has lead a lot of people to think about him being a turned Ezra. And with the Morgan talking about the concept of time and space, could be Ezra from the future after some dark side shenanigans on the other side of the galaxy. It's a bit weird and out there but filoni loves the weird side of the force.

Marrok could also be a variation of Galen Marek, starkiller's real name. And with sam witwer showing up in the credits it's kind of made every one lose their minds at the possibility. I know sam YEARS ago said filoni had a bunch of conversations with him about ideas on how to adapt starkiller and bring him to canon, but who knows.

A few people have suggested that it could also be Barris offee, but Marrok is VERY clearly male. The stunt double is male (and the same height as sam witwer, interestingly enough), he moves like a male... I mean, it's a dude. I will simply not take anyone who suggests that Marrok could be female seriously.