<Gold Donor>
ezgif-2-77eb64a7a6.gif

ezgif-2-a3cfad5bf2.gif

ezgif-2-8af587f3da.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm glad i'm not the only one who knew coke chicks in the 90s. blondes seem to be the only ones who can pull off that look. the brunette coke chicks just look tired.
people keep saying that they don't want to watch the cartoons because they are for kids, and that they shouldn't have to watch a kids show to understand a more adult show.

what makes people think this is a "more adult" version of star wars? just because it's live action? the original trilogy was all rated pg, in fact revenge of the sith was the first star wars movie to be rated higher than pg. the climax of the prequel trilogy. in order to fully understand revenge of the sith, you'd have had to watched the earlier "kiddie" movies.

i am questioning if this is meant for adults, its super stupid. the action is good, but you arent going to make me watch cartoons just because this show is immature. i really dont like it that much. yeah the ass contest is great and i am interested in how they mangle the season finale. this is one of those shows where its literally not for me. the prequels werent for me, the Disney sequels sure thre fuck werent for me. Mando s1 and s2 were cool. s3 was terrible. i thought boba would be good and it was adult oriented. then they put a bunch of goofball shit in it and it went south fast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I'm glad i'm not the only one who knew coke chicks in the 90s. blondes seem to be the only ones who can pull off that look. the brunette coke chicks just look tired.

i am questioning if this is meant for adults, its super stupid. the action is good, but you arent going to make me watch cartoons just because this show is immature. i really dont like it that much. yeah the ass contest is great and i am interested in how they mangle the season finale. this is one of those shows where its literally not for me. the prequels werent for me, the Disney sequels sure thre fuck werent for me. Mando s1 and s2 were cool. s3 was terrible. i thought boba would be good and it was adult oriented. then they put a bunch of goofball shit in it and it went south fast.

ezgif-3-3c1f0d8a83.gif

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Every character they brought over from rebels is fucking terrible. Nothing like the originals. Well, except thrawn, at least he only looks bad. In Rebels he was an overconfident idiot too. I wish they wouldn't massacre thrawn like that. I guess Timothy Zahn is the only person who knows how to write him. Sabine and hera look, move, and act nothing like they should. Hell, even rosario is barely passable as ahsoka, but I'm giving her a pass because cartoon ahsoka was ridiculously agile. We can pretend she's old now and has back issues that the force can't fix. Maybe Ezra will be more accurate, we haven't seen enough of him yet.

All that said, once I got past the terrible casting, I was able to enjoy the show.

But dude Zahn wants to collab with Filoni on new books and said he liked the Filoni Thrawn.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'd still pee in her butt till those coke eyes rolled back into her head.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i am questioning if this is meant for adults, its super stupid. the action is good, but you arent going to make me watch cartoons just because this show is immature. i

I think this last episode definitely set its stall out as a kid/teen show.

The good guys are just generally insufferable to me but I'm 50+ so clearly not the target audience. I just can't deal with the fucking emo, stilted interaction between space hippy jedi and emo purple-haired part-time jedi punctuated by occasional squeaks from merch product #253.

Also, what is the deal with Thrawn's Stormtroopers? We get an episode where they seem menacing AF and we're left thinking are these some undead badasses. Cut to this week and they are as equally derp as every trooper before them. I was expecting them to suddenly reanimate or someone to remove a helm from a corpse and recoil in horror but... nothing. If they're just normal troopers then why are they running around in red-ribboned kintsugi armour? Did the Nightsisters involvement only extend to Arts and Crafts?

I will say, I really like the Shin character design. She reminds me of some medieval squire with those bits of plate mail on her shoulders and her haircut. She's like a coked-up Joan of Arc.

• 3Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I just can't deal with the fucking emo, stilted interaction between space hippy jedi and emo purple-haired part-time jedi punctuated by occasional squeaks from merch product #253.

Perfect description of that whole dynamic.

Otherwise, yeah I guess I'm just not the target audience anymore. Not that Boomer Wars was significantly better (it was pretty schlocky in its own right) but Nu-Star Wars is insultingly lazy and phoned in.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I will say, I really like the Shin character design. She reminds me of some medieval squire with those bits of plate mail on her shoulders and her haircut. She's like a coked-up Joan of Arc.

That is an even better description, hah. Don't remember hating that movie, but I was also really in to Luc Besson stuff and probably gave a pass to the dumb stuff.

1695898653709.png

• 3Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Please explain joke. My testosterone levels are too high to watch star wars shows.
A jedi fight with no saber, all hands and tricks, in the show. You're a monk in EQ. He looks like a flaming homo. You, well...

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Also, what is the deal with Thrawn's Stormtroopers? We get an episode where they seem menacing AF and we're left thinking are these some undead badasses. Cut to this week and they are as equally derp as every trooper before them..

Yeah it's annoying as hell because as soon as you see them loading up the gunship you know by now they'll be no threat. It's just a Star Wars trope dating back to OT that all imperials are no threat - hence the prolonged ship pursuit where they got out flown by a droid.

What Disney should do is a Vader spin off set before ANH and just show him and the imperials going ham, killing all the order 66 survivors and crushing Rebel cells. Take the end of Rogue One Vader and just amp it to the max. Show why he's really feared instead of a goon that got beat by cucked Kenobi, couldn't kill inquisitor-nog etc etc. Make it dark as hell. Get Ian Mcdiarmid back as Palps - show their relationship. Show Vader going deeper in the dark side, show Palps training him and punishing him etc.

Knowing Disney they'd probably take that concept and use it to retcon something else - like vader having a force vision of Luke lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
But dude Zahn wants to collab with Filoni on new books and said he liked the Filoni Thrawn.

Just proof at how good Zahn is at subtlety. He's playing politics to salvage the character.

Cybsled

Ezra bring a force powered monk is cool, but if they going that route, dude needs to be doing some badass martial arts shit too

Imagine if they got some legit martial artist and introduced a character that is basically Bruce Lee with force powers

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
A jedi fight with no saber, all hands and tricks, in the show. You're a monk in EQ. He looks like a flaming homo. You, well...

I think there was maybe 1-2 EQ expansions out of the 25+ where H2H was better than weapons. Other than that it was always clubs, maces, rocks, knuckle dusters, knuckle blades, etc.