Ahsoka

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i felt bad for coke fiend chick. everyone ditched her, even her master and so she got stuck finding a home with the derpiest bad guys in Star Wars history. when they looked at her, they were like, "oh lord, what does SHE want????"
They wouldn't do it, I think the writings on the wall that she'll find redemption and join team ahsoka... but I'd LOVE it if they turned her into some raider cult leader, kinda how maul was the leader of that crime syndicate for a while.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the life of a blue ghost can be tough.
iu

Should have de-aged Hayden Christensen.

Of course Disney doesn't want to pay for it. They have Indy 5 production and ILM, the most in-house capability to do at LEAST something, and they chose to do nothing.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
LMAO what's more scary than incompetent stormtroopers? Undead stormtroopers that walk even slower with the same mobility and agility as your average FOH big brain.

Even better that they're working for an imperial force that is heavily depleted.

Undead only works if it's a literal horde like Game of Thrones s7/8. Not if it's 20 people that couldn't hit shit when alive

As for the literal star destroyer that couldn't destroy two mounted riders. I'll let them off seeing as how smaller targets like x-wings could evade the death Star lasers. But an actual star destroyer should surely be capable of carpet bombing a planetary surface.

Why not send TIE bombers after their ship instead of two fighters?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This wasn't bad like Boba Fett, or instantly forgettable like Secret Invasion but it wasn't great either.

Zombie Stormtroopers feels like jumping the shark (space whales)

Retconning/deleting the sequel trilogy, why get your hopes up for something that will never happen?

• 1Seriously?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
LMAO what's more scary than incompetent stormtroopers? Undead stormtroopers that walk even slower with the same mobility and agility as your average FOH big brain.

Even better that they're working for an imperial force that is heavily depleted.

Undead only works if it's a literal horde like Game of Thrones s7/8. Not if it's 20 people that couldn't hit shit when alive

As for the literal star destroyer that couldn't destroy two mounted riders. I'll let them off seeing as how smaller targets like x-wings could evade the death Star lasers. But an actual star destroyer should surely be capable of carpet bombing a planetary surface.

Why not send TIE bombers after their ship instead of two fighters?

75% of zombie storm troopers die from being slashed to death by lightsabers which would cut torsos in half. 30 seconds later they all get up, all intact. And THEN STUMBLE AT OUR HEROES SLOWLY AND CLUMSILY SO THAT YOU KNOW THEYRE ZOMBIES.

They cant even keep this stupid show consistent for more than a single scene.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
My favorite part has to be when all 3 of them encounter Morgan Elsbeth alone and instead the 3 of them just beating the shit out of her in less than a minute, its all "THERES NO TIME THRAWN IS GETTING AWAY!". So Ahsoka ends up fighting her in a 1 vs. 1 for 10 minutes instead of 1, while the other two take twice as long to get to the Star Destroyer because they're now missing their best fighter and have to slog through more Zombie Troopers.

Its literally the same plot trope from 5 episodes earlier where they encounter Shin in the forest on Seatos and instead of beating her in 30 seconds in a 2 vs. 1, they split up because MORGAN IS GETTING AWAY and then Ahsoka gets whooped by Baylan in a 1 on 1.

They literally write this for 5 year olds who have the memory of a goldfish

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Clearly Filoni has plans for his new galaxy, glad to see the Mortis trio depicted in live action to reinforce their canonicity.

I watched with someone unfamiliar with Clone Wars or the Cal Kestis games but he thought the whole Nightsister magic was pretty cool and really liked them zombie troopers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great show. Enjoyed every episode. Supposedly it was a one and done show but I bet that will change with the success. Definitely has more interested in watching the animated shows now.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ratings for star wars is weird right now. There's been so much damage to the brand, but even the shows that SHOULD have done a lot to fix that aren't getting the viewership (andor).

And then with the strike going on and no promotion happening across the board it's really hard what lesson to take from the lower views and loss in subs.

This show had definite issues, but overall was a positive, not nearly as much as andor I don't think, but still should be in the "win" column vs obi-wan, book of boba Fett, etc.

Mando is kind of in the same place though, too... The Mando parts of boba Fett where pretty great, and people liked season 1 and 2, but 3 fell flat for most fans. Season 3 dealt with a lot more clone wars/rebels storylines so the execs could take it that the extended stuff bores people, but in reality, I think they just need to work harder to bridge the gap between the cartoons and live action.

From what I can tell, pretty much across the board if you watched rebels/clone wars, you enjoyed ahsoka, and if you didn't watch those shows, ahsoka was pretty bad.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Disney as a whole as taken a dump on its whole brand, which only compounds things with most star wars content specifically sucking ass from them. I know I sure as fuck wont give them any of my money as things stand, and they gonna need to do a lot of work to change that fact. They are a strictly pirate brand for me. Young me would have been flabbergasted at the idea of not being at the midnight showing, yet alone waiting 3 months to see a new star wars movie when a good pirate copy is out, but here we are.

Also, the execs don't seem to realize that most people don't, and wont give a shit about the cartoons. Trying to bridge the gap or integrate the two is forever going to be a retarded strategy for the franchise to follow.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
yeah, you cant create a cohesive universe out of different mediums. trying to combine cartoons with live action will always be a losing proposition

just look at MCU films vs. Marvel comic books or cartoons

or how Star Trek TV vs. Star Trek films treat their subject matter

Last edited:

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I tried giving Rebels a chance after the first few episodes of this and while the show itself is actually not too bad and seems watchable from a story / character perspective, I just can't hang in there with the animation piece. I have way too much shit to do and motivating myself to push aside what little free time I have for hobbies so that I can sit and watch hours of cartoons simply isn't happening.

It really shouldn't have been difficult for them to bring non-Rebels people up to speed, even something at an effort level of just above roughly zero would have been nice.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My favorite part has to be when all 3 of them encounter Morgan Elsbeth alone and instead the 3 of them just beating the shit out of her in less than a minute, its all "THERES NO TIME THRAWN IS GETTING AWAY!". So Ahsoka ends up fighting her in a 1 vs. 1 for 10 minutes instead of 1, while the other two take twice as long to get to the Star Destroyer because they're now missing their best fighter and have to slog through more Zombie Troopers.

Its literally the same plot trope from 5 episodes earlier where they encounter Shin in the forest on Seatos and instead of beating her in 30 seconds in a 2 vs. 1, they split up because MORGAN IS GETTING AWAY and then Ahsoka gets whooped by Baylan in a 1 on 1.

They literally write this for 5 year olds who have the memory of a goldfish
LMAO ok sure bro. It sounds like you haven't watched REBELS or CLONE WARS, therefore you can't appreciate how many POWERFUL WOMEN this show features. Or maybe you're threatened by them?? 🤔

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
going back to our cartoon argument. people said clones and rebels matured with audiences over the years, how come this show 20 years later is still made for babies?

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Enjoyed this series quite a bit, just feels like it ended like 2 episodes early.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So given the conclusion, any reason for people to update some of the pre-Ahsoka watch guides? Given what ultimately was covered those of you that are familiar do you expect the scope would widen a little compared to what was known or expected going into it? I knew who Thrawn was (I'd read some portion of Heir to the Empire a lifetime ago + Tie Fighter games), and they reestablished relationships in the show so wasn't wondering who Ezra was, etc. but stuff like the Mortis gods mean nothing to me and ended up being a big deal in the final scenes. A bit more motivated to go and follow something like the below (if not just start watching seasons of the stuff time permitting)

1696448001493.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So given the conclusion, any reason for people to update some of the pre-Ahsoka watch guides?
Clone Wars S3E15-17 cover the Mortis arc which has the Baylan tie in and some connection to Rebels' World Between Worlds. There was some EU book stuff that dealt with that topic but those 3 CW episodes are the main source of canon for Mortis still.

Would have to look through all the Ventress and Maul arcs as to whether there are more Dathomir connections not on that list.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy

Have to imagine she's going to switch sides at some point with her not going back with Thrawn

Great show. Enjoyed every episode. Supposedly it was a one and done show but I bet that will change with the success. Definitely has more interested in watching the animated shows now.

They left way too many open plot lines to make it work in a single movie. i mean you could be right but i hope there's a season 2 THEN movie(s).

I tried giving Rebels a chance after the first few episodes of this and while the show itself is actually not too bad and seems watchable from a story / character perspective, I just can't hang in there with the animation piece. I have way too much shit to do and motivating myself to push aside what little free time I have for hobbies so that I can sit and watch hours of cartoons simply isn't happening.

It really shouldn't have been difficult for them to bring non-Rebels people up to speed, even something at an effort level of just above roughly zero would have been nice.

Rebels came out at a weird time. Season 1 started (and maybe finished? i didn't start watching til season 2 or 3) before The Force Awakens came out. Allegedly the powers that be made Filoni keep it super generic and kiddy until after TFA came out, which is why season 2-4 are WAAAAY better.

Last edited:

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
have to imagine she's going to switch sides at some point with her not going back with Thrawn

She's probably General Hux's mom, they'll introduce some ginger named Ronald Weasley in Season 2 as the father.

• 1Worf