Ahsoka

Cybsled

Thrawn lost 2 force users of his own and the night sister who got him there in the first place. and she just finished her Druid Epic too.
and that need not have happened because at the very start of the finale. Druid Epic chick told Thrawn, the ship was all ready to go. he only needed to call in Baylan and cocane eyes, dock with the space ring ship in space and go back. instead he spent the whole episode getting pwned because he pulled a bunch of half measure fixes to kill Ahsoka. same thing happened the week before. this was all self inflicted defeats too. he only got away because the witches helped him as much as possible.

honestly, if all Elsbeth did was fly the space ring to the crab people planet. pick up the other sisters and scoot back home. they would have been better off. Thrawn only hurt them.

Baylan and cocaine eyes he was always fine with losing, and in retrospect he was correct: Baylan had his own agenda that just happened to align for a time. Once he got to the planet, he always planned to proceed with his own plan.

While he did lose a loyal minion, she made the sacrifice so that the 3 main Night Sisters (and presumably a cargo hold full of Night Sister corpses that will be ready to be reanimated on Dathomir) got back to the main Star Wars galaxy.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Baylan and cocaine eyes he was always fine with losing, and in retrospect he was correct: Baylan had his own agenda that just happened to align for a time. Once he got to the planet, he always planned to proceed with his own plan.

While he did lose a loyal minion, she made the sacrifice so that the 3 main Night Sisters (and presumably a cargo hold full of Night Sister corpses that will be ready to be reanimated on Dathomir) got back to the main Star Wars galaxy.
I am not sure they are all Night Sister corpses. There was a quick line in there, by Ezra, about Thrawn finding the Night Sister's citadel and awaking the 3 Night Sisters we see. So I am guessing they are actually all in suspended animation to hide, and now escape, whatever they were running from in that Galaxy, be it the Father/Son/Sister or something else.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

That doesn't make it ok. He was fine with every loss he took. Losing two force users, especially somebody as badass as Baylan, is still a big deal. And as I said, Thrawn wasn't necessary for any of this as the witches mission was only hampered by him. He himself has gained nothing. Even his zombie troopers was all the witches doing and they aren't very good. Can just disintegrate them.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That doesn't make it ok. He was fine with every loss he took. Losing two force users, especially somebody as badass as Baylan, is still a big deal. And as I said, Thrawn wasn't necessary for any of this as the witches mission was only hampered by him. He himself has gained nothing. Even his zombie troopers was all the witches doing and they aren't very good. Can just disintegrate them.
My impression has always been that the officers in the Empire were portrayed as mostly disliking force users. In Clone Wars they specifically show Tarken's distain for the Jedi, but don't remember if they had Thrawn say anything one way or the other about the Inquisitors in Rebels.

I would assume that Thawn is quite ok if all force users were wiped out, and may even find that a preferable outcome. The only reason he is working with the Night Sisters is because he needed a way to get back to the Star Wars galaxy. They are far too powerful to be left alive, and he will probably move to wipe them out at some point. Think of him as Lawful Evil in DnD; he made a deal to get home, and he will keep his word, but when that contract is fulfilled, all bets are off.

Also vaguely remember some Chiss stuff from SWToR, so there may be extra lore about the Chiss (Thrawn's race) being xenophobic/supremacists that don't use the force like Jedi/Sith. So Filoni could be pulling from that as well.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My impression has always been that the officers in the Empire were portrayed as mostly disliking force users. In Clone Wars they specifically show Tarken's distain for the Jedi, but I don't remember if they had Thrawn say anything one way or the other about the Inquisitors in Rebels.

I would assume that Thawn is quite ok if all force users were wiped out, and may even find that a preferable outcome. The only reason he is working with the Night Sisters is because he needed a way to get back to the Star Wars galaxy. They are far too powerful to be left alive, and he will probably move to wipe them out at some point. Think of him as Lawful Evil in DnD; he made a deal to get home, and he will keep his word, but when that contract is fulfilled, all bets are off.
oh i expect that he was going to betray the witches, i thought this would happen once he was rescued, but as you said, he needs them, because he's nothing without them. they had no real reason for bringing him along as Elsbeth had this all in her control and would have been a better Thrawn. anyway. this was a mess. i wish we got to see Baylan's quest play out.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
He does not trust Jedi. He makes it perfectly clear he didn't trust Baylon and was perfectly fine abandoning them. Thrawn is weird in that he cares specifically about his men, but will use and dispose of others without a second thought. Which is why the Nightsisters Mothers gave him some side eye when he blew up their temple and sacrificed Morgan. In the same vein, the Nightsisters will give fuck all about Thrawn once they are settled back on Dathomir. The Empire wiped out the Nightsisters like they did Mandalore.
Also vaguely remember some Chiss stuff from SWToR, so there may be extra lore about the Chiss (Thrawn's race) being xenophobic/supremacists that don't use the force like Jedi/Sith. So Filoni could be pulling from that as well.

Disregard SWTOR for anything canon. Chiss females can be force sensitive in canon. Although rare, which is probably why he doesn't mind the Nightststers as much.

Also Thrawn cares about the Empire only because he is using it to safeguard the Chiss.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I was hoping space jesus got killed by Baylan the Knight. Damn
yes, Team Ahsoka was untouchable. even her ship and droid were fine by the end. the fucking crab people were fine and dandy. talk about there not being any stakes. the only noteworthy death was Morgan Elsbeth.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
yes, Team Ahsoka was untouchable. even her ship and droid were fine by the end. the fucking crab people were fine and dandy. talk about there not being any stakes. the only noteworthy death was Morgan Elsbeth.
What!?? The main characters of a show didn't get killed off? That never happens.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Did Morgan even die ? She was pumped full of dark resurrection Majic and Ashoka needs someone to sword fight next season…

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Did Morgan even die ? She was pumped full of dark resurrection Majic and Ashoka needs someone to sword fight next season…
Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if she came back. However, as far as we know, there are no more Nightsisters left on planet and Thrawn dropped a fortress on her.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ahsoka had a payoff fight, she was supposed to face Baylan again and win. but the actor came down with a case of "died suddenly" and she will be facing his doppelganger instead. if there is another season or a movie. Elsbeth may come back in another form, battle Druid not so much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i finally realized what the red witches reminded me of.
the red witches from Doctor Who in the Pompeii episode.
with Karen Gillian before she was cast as Amy Pond.
iu

iu

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not related to Ashoka but can’t be bothered to bump the other thread…

Got about 5 episodes in to Andor last night and enjoy it more than this. Very different though so hard to really compare apples-to-apples.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

Got about 5 episodes in to Andor last night and enjoy it more than this. Very different though so hard to really compare apples-to-apples.

Andor is great, yeah. I kinda hope they'll keep the two sides of the Star Wars unvierse separate in further series or films, I really like the more serious down-to-earth vibe of espionnage and grit Andor brings to the table, and I also like the more fantasy-oriented magic users with light swords and ancient prophecies Ahsoka brings.

It's just the mix is hard to get right, as the prequels found out when they tried to mix retarded politics and trade taxes with chosen ones and magic people and gungans.

Mandalorian is kind of balancing it between the non-magic Mandalorians and his missions or the Imperial Remnant stuff, and on the other side a little sprinkling of Luke or Ahsoka and the occasional Grogu force power burst, but it never reached the quality or intensity of several Andor episodes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Andor is great, yeah. I kinda hope they'll keep the two sides of the Star Wars unvierse separate in further series or films, I really like the more serious down-to-earth vibe of espionnage and grit Andor brings to the table, and I also like the more fantasy-oriented magic users with light swords and ancient prophecies Ahsoka brings.

It's just the mix is hard to get right, as the prequels found out when they tried to mix retarded politics and trade taxes with chosen ones and magic people and gungans.

Mandalorian is kind of balancing it between the non-magic Mandalorians and his missions or the Imperial Remnant stuff, and on the other side a little sprinkling of Luke or Ahsoka and the occasional Grogu force power burst.
Pretty much exactly my thoughts too.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider

Spoilers, if you've only seen the first five, you've mostly been dealing with the slow (but necessary) setup - episode 6 in particular is pretty great as it starts to show just how competent (and therefore how much of a threat) the empire really is.

That said, I think I prefer the setting of Mandalorian, season 1. The force clearly exists (given that the republic was in living memory for most people), but you shouldn't expect space wizards to swoop by and fix your issues every day. You might escape vs the Empire, but you're going to take losses doing so (RIP Nick Nolte.)