AI Image Generation

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Managed to make some decent textures with just the ordinary stable diffusion model. Was making armor for my valheim model.

This one is a ringmailish hauberk:
ChainCoat4.png

This one is a scaleish sort of short sweater that goes with a skirt. Just used really basic prompts like "scalemail texture".
CuteScale01.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
This site seems to be blowing up the fediverse at the moment. Some chinese nonsense website that does some kinda anime ass img-img ai generation

You can scan the qr code on yer phone or just go to QQ小世界·AI画匠 and feed it junk on yer pc. Weebify all the things.

screenshot_20221202_212930 (2).png
045f6bd2-0192-4157-a5b1-01d5391a9196.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It's coming faster than we expect.

Another step, now producing a full, textured 3d mesh and a latent space that allows for morphing the results into adjacent possibilities. Pretty wild shit. This tech is going to be crazy with a few years more development.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you realize how mindblowing this is? We are not long from being arm chair mmo qbacks to tons of solo created mmo spaces and endless art assets for enormously detailed worlds. Collectively this forum needs to be way more excited about this shit. The possibilities are endless. Deep dungeon diving with asset creation on the fly , spacefaring mmos with new worlds created in real-time as you visit them - basically the first to visit a region ends up claiming credit for it being ‘created’. Imagine once ai can also string together stories and dialogue that makes sense in the world. Forget bear ass collection, you’ll be carrying out kotor caliber quest lines that the ai spits out for you and may be unique to just you , potentially with unique rewards etc

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Imagine once ai can also string together stories and dialogue that makes sense in the world

There is similar accelerating progress in GPT chat bots. Once they can maintain internal dialogue history the entertainment world is going to change very quickly. Custom books and TV shows generated on the fly, tailored to your personal tastes with interactive feedback, infinite but consistently interesting game content, etc. etc.

At the rate things are going we stand a good chance of living to see it. Our kids will for sure.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Chatgpt exploded over the wider internet in the last few days. Something probably accelerated there.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah ChatGPT is also pretty crazy. Supposed to be very helpful for scripting.

Captain Suave

No kidding. Look at this, guy runs a virtual machine in the chat box ai, then uses that to make a virtual machine in that virtual machine. My head’s exploding Building A Virtual Machine inside ChatGPT

That's quite the mindfuck given that it's still just statistical extrapolation. It's capable of all that but can't even tell you the current time. I'd bet that on closer examination it's not hard to get nonsensical results, but that's still impressive as hell. I can't imagine the future is far off where these systems are connected to modules which can access live information. It's going to start being very hard to tell these things apart from conscious intelligence.

Edit: ChatGPT has an IQ of 83. Numerous basic failures of context and logic. Still impressive.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No kidding. Look at this, guy runs a virtual machine in the chat box ai, then uses that to make a virtual machine in that virtual machine. My head’s exploding Building A Virtual Machine inside ChatGPT
Hmm, I just started doing things like "invent a fake text-based internet for me to explore via a command line interface" and after a few attempts I think I broke the whole fucking site.

I was doing some pretty cool shit the past few days though by remixing things:

1670297602335.png

1670297726971.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Gentlemen, this seemed like potentially the right thread.

Can anyone identify a potential AI generator that would have sauced this image?

IMG_1652.png

Normal avenues of search yield nothing. The hands are a dead giveaway. Was included in what was labeled as the work of Talon Abraxis but it is nothing like his usual shit. I haven't done enough research on all the available generators but I know enough that most have an identifiable signature.

• 1Weird Boner

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone ask ChatGPT to create a program to fix hands on images

• 1Worf

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This stuff just keeps amazing me. First tech in a long time that has made me go "wow, didn't think I'd see that in my lifetime".

1670356533561.png

1670356708763.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

This stuff just keeps amazing me. First tech in a long time that has made me go "wow, didn't think I'd see that in my lifetime".

Second one is a complaint I don't really get. I've seen lots of coverage of "OMG these AIs are reproducing people's art styles without permission!" Sure, just like every other human artist ever. Why does it matter if the derivative work is done with a neural net instead of a monkey with a pencil?

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Second one is a complaint I don't really get. I've seen lots of coverage of "OMG these AIs are reproducing people's art styles without permission!" Sure, just like every other human artist ever. Why does it matter if the derivative work is done with a neural net instead of a monkey with a pencil?
Artist ego's cant handle theyre almost always iterative and not original.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Friend of mine doing ai research says now you can convert pretty much anything 2d into 3D and vice versa now. Imagine hand drawing a dungeon and the ai turns it into an unreal 5 engine map. Or hell just tell stable diffusion to draw a map for you first but don’t think it can quite do a custom mmo zone perfectly (yet)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Friend of mine doing ai research says now you can convert pretty much anything 2d into 3D and vice versa now. Imagine hand drawing a dungeon and the ai turns it into an unreal 5 engine map. Or hell just tell stable diffusion to draw a map for you first but don’t think it can quite do a custom mmo zone perfectly (yet)
With current AI i'd expect the zone to render with some weird hands.

• 1Worf

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I noticed github has a social media image you can associate with a repository, so I started AI cranking on a taverny themed image for my game library stuff Groblibs.

I wanted it to look rather dirty and deformed and scuffed to reflect the state of my libraries. Instead of trying to guess at the best / funniest / most disastrous I thought I'd just throw them all on goog drive.

So far I've only had one friend test this and he said it wouldn't load so :emoji_shrug: