Akira Project (live action trailer)

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They choose good likeness actors. This film ain't never going to be made at this rate, though. Warner Bros. has been trying to make a movie for the last 12 years, and here we still are, barely closer than then.

ohkcrlho

i just hope they never ever do a live action akira movie (it would suck most certainly) but still....why the fuck it's in english?ffs just make it like the original and read the subtitles you lazy fucks!

Rime

<Donor>
Chronicle is about as close to a Live Action Akira as we are every likely to see.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Japanese voice actors are annoying depending on the content. I think gibili studio chooses good mature voice actors.

Needless

Toe Sucker
this kind of reminds me of casshern, man i need to go and watch that movie again.
<3 Casshern

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i just hope they never ever do a live action akira movie (it would suck most certainly) but still....why the fuck it's in english?ffs just make it like the original and read the subtitles you lazy fucks!
Aside from all the other comments made about this, and things like how terrible it would be for box office success (I know it is just a fan trailer), chances are half those actors don't even speak Japanese well enough to please all of you diehards. I've never watched Akira, so I don't know who is who, but the dude on the red bike (I thought Akira had a red bike, but then I thought Akira was the one with cool powers, so who knows) was on Supernatural for awhile, and he's about as Americanized as it gets. He might speak Japanese, sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't either.

W

Wrathcaster

Chronicle is about as close to a Live Action Akira as we are every likely to see.
QFT.

I'd love to see a true Akira made with a budget to put a Peter Jackson film to shame, but I just know they'd royally fuck it up, just like the film industry does to most things awesome and cool. It'd probably be made as a superhero movie with Kaneda being the renegade sidekick, Tetsuo a cape wearing semi-Japanese version of Superman, and have a love interest arc that ate up 40 goddamn minutes of the footage, all fighting the gubment for the freedomz.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Aside from all the other comments made about this, and things like how terrible it would be for box office success (I know it is just a fan trailer), chances are half those actors don't even speak Japanese well enough to please all of you diehards. I've never watched Akira, so I don't know who is who, but the dude on the red bike (I thought Akira had a red bike, but then I thought Akira was the one with cool powers, so who knows) was on Supernatural for awhile, and he's about as Americanized as it gets. He might speak Japanese, sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't either.
haha. No Metroid has the red spaceship.
Akira is a bit confusing. Casuals will totally mess that up. The main characters of the movie are Kaneda(with the bike and lazer), and Tetsuo(with the TK).
Akira is BARELY in the movie. only appears in flashbacks, and to end the movie. Akira is what happened "31 years ago".

the MANGA its based on, has a quite a bit different story. its much longer, and Akira is actually a main character in it.
The movie is volume 1, about 50% of volume 2, mixed with about 30% of volume 6. 3-5 are missing entirely.

Go watch Akira.

And yeah, Supernatural guy I would like to see as Kaneda really.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I have owned two different dubs. The first one when I was a kid on VHS and it was great. I downloaded another a few years back and jesus it was terrible, TERRIBLE. Now I have no idea how to tell which is which because I am not a weabboo, so I haven't tried to get it again.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
A year and a half in post production all for that fucking trailer, jesus.
I didn't look to much into it, but that was fan made, wasn't it? Well, at least sort of like the Thomas Jane Punisher clip was "fan made" anyway, which isn't really accurate I guess. But not part of any actual film studio or production effort, right? Or am I wrong about that?

If someone points out a good 720p/1080p rip for Akira on IPT or someplace like that, I'll download it and watch it. I *might* have watched it years ago, like right after college or something (which was over 20 years ago, was it out then?), so it is possible I've seen it, but I don't remember a goddamn thing. I did have that one friend that kept trying to get us to watch anime, and I distinctly remember Ninja Scroll being not too terrible, but he probably made us watch Akira too. It didn't stick though, if I did.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have owned two different dubs. The first one when I was a kid on VHS and it was great. I downloaded another a few years back and jesus it was terrible, TERRIBLE. Now I have no idea how to tell which is which because I am not a weabboo, so I haven't tried to get it again.
The VHS one is what I have... I think it's the Funimation version vs the Bandai version being released later in the 90s or early 2000s.

The 25th anniversary DVD/Blu-ray has both dubs I think but I haven't gotten around to buying it.

The only thing more confusing to me than the different Akira versions is Neon Genesis Evangelion.

and yes, I believe the trailer is completely fan made.

ohkcrlho

Evangelion is the most disturbing, confusing and mind fucking thing ever.akira is really straightfoward in comparison.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw Akira on VHS when I was around 7th grade. I was too young I think. It was overall boring.
.. titties

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user