Akira Project (live action trailer)

Szlia

They digitally remastered a version for the 25th anniversary, re-released it and made DVDs and BluRays out of it. I highly recommend watching it in one of these magnificent versions if you never saw it or only have distant childhood memories of it, because it remains to this day the pinnacle of traditional animation by a significant margin. The movie is not without narrative flaws, but it's jaw dropping scene after jaw dropping scene from a technical standpoint. And, as previously mentioned, the score is one of the most singular and iconic piece of film music there is. A masterpiece in more ways than one.

Last edited:

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
With Peele having turned WB down quite some time ago, they're now in talks with Taika Waititi who, from the view right now, is likely on the verge of having a pretty big score with Thor:Ragnarok.

Oldbased

> Than U
I was going to say they did the same with Robotech a dozen times and rumors went on for a decade of an actual live action movie.
Then I noticed Robotech Movie Gets Wonder Woman Writer
I'm done getting my hopes up until it actually enters production though.
I saw Akira on beta way the hell back. It was either the same night I saw giant penis eating women or maybe that was Akira and that was pretty much the end of my anime other than I stuck with Robotech though, Zentrati didn't penis eat people. Much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
With Peele having turned WB down quite some time ago, they're now in talks with Taika Waititi who, from the view right now, is likely on the verge of having a pretty big score with Thor:Ragnarok.
He would he a decent choice for akira. However akira most likely will suck balls no matter what

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
He would he a decent choice for akira. However akira most likely will suck balls no matter what

For anyone really wanting a faithful adaptation of the anime, yes it will. No major US studio is going to throw a big budget into that. Akira is one of the huge pillars of the genre but anime is general, especially anime from that era, is a long damn way from sufficient appeal to an American audience for fans of the title to get any real satisfaction from the sort of translation into live action that a studio like WB would produce.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah. They'll fuck with the story because people are dumb, then when it fails they'll be all "How could this happen!?!"

I'm not specifically averse to a live action Akira, it could be good, but it won't. And the animated movie is so mind-blowing, they have such a huge expectation, it's sabotaged from jump street.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Like action Akira would be a bigger abortion than live action GiTS.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
You know they could make an R rated live action Berserk like all the band of the hawk shit before the story got off into crazy town. End just like the anime series did with Griffith BTFO as the new demon king. I'd pay the price of a ticket for that. Hell there is even a love story that ends in rape and tons of fights Hollywood should be sucking someone's dick just for the thought of this.

On the other hand alive action Akira would suck monkey dicks. As the make it in Neo-New York or Neo-LA with fags and trannies.

Also they could find the next Jet Li and make Ninja Scroll the movie that they can cheese on the love story and plenty of shit to CGI and lense flare like Michale Bay assclowns.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This thread reminded me that I forgot to download the 3D version of the Ghost in the Shell movie. Thanks.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
God, please don't let those retards ruin Akira and Ninja Scroll . . .

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
God, please don't let those retards ruin Akira and Ninja Scroll . . .

I mean just look at what they did with Dragon Ball. Now think of how that movie had pretty much zero to do with the source material even though it's story is pretty straight forward and simple. Now think about how complex Akira is by comparison and imagine how bat shit insane stupid it will come out.

• 1Barf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Otomo recently announced he's doing an Akira anime series which will follow the manga, so that's cool as fuck, way better than the movie probably would have been.

• 1Like

Goatface

Warner Bros. has once again put plans to make a live-action version of the classic anime film “Akira” on hold, removing it from their release slate and giving its summer 2021 release spot to the untitled fourth installment of “The Matrix.”