Aladdin (2019)

spronk

FPS noob
2.25 star(s) Rating: 2.25/5 4 Votes
Title: Aladdin (2019)

Tagline: Choose Wisely.

Genre: Adventure, Fantasy, Music, Romance

Director: Guy Ritchie

Cast: Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott, Will Smith, Marwan Kenzari, Nasim Pedrad, Billy Magnussen

Release: 2019-05-22

Plot: A live-action retelling of the 1992 Disney film of the same name.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Trailer played during football game today, looked pretty good don't think we heard Genie (Will Smith) though

Last edited:

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
giphy.gif

• 4Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wasn't Beauty and the Beast a shot for shot remake in live action? So if we expect the same for this and it's a bunch of B listers or below with no real acting or sex appeal... hard pass.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Having a toddler, I have watched the original a few times in the last six months, and I don’t know how this could compare. Robin Williams insane ad lib completely made the original.

It could be a good movie in its own right I guess but I imagine I’ll be comparing it constantly to the original and I don’t see it holding up.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I'm out if Gilbert Gottfried isn't reprising his role as Iago.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

spronk

FPS noob
I'm out if Gilbert Gottfried isn't reprising his role as Iago.

i think in the remake iago doesn't talk and there is no tiger for jasmine

if they lean in harder on 1001 nights it could be good, if its just a bunch of retards singing then it might be bad

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
"Modern day Aladdin. Heh, I bet there's a bunch of crazies bitching about racism because of it"

5 seconds later and a search:

Capture.JPG

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Aladdin was my favourite Disney movie growing up, probably is still my favourite. I don't think they can do a straight re-make like they did with Beauty & the Beast. There is no way they could live up to the original, especially with it being a live-action movie. I like Will Smith, I think he will do a great job as the genie, but nobody can come close to Robin Williams' performance, and trying to do so would be silly.

Imo, they need to ditch the musical aspect of the movie and change the story a bit so that it can try and stand on its own as a movie, rather than being compared to the original scene for scene. Don't get me wrong, I like the original musical version, I just don't think they work as well as a live-action movie.

I looked up the cast though, and it appears they are doing that. They have a number of new characters that were not in the original. A "Prince Anders", "Dalia" (I guess Jasmine's "handmaiden"/best friend etc - could just be a replacement for Rajah ie. Jasmine's tiger though), Prince Ali's servant (could be a replacement for Abu, but this would be rather unfortunate. Abu was a good character).

I guess we'll find out. Could be good, will probably just be mediocre. I gotta say, movies are kind of lame these days. Everything is a re-make or sequel. Hollywood is getting too safe. The fact that Disney basically owns the entire industry doesn't give me much hope for good original movies coming out any time soon.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

The OG was great, it has everything a kid boy wanted, swords, adventure, magic, mad cleavage and middrift, fighting for and getting the girl. Tons of arab brothel girls, the big titty genie lulz and more.

This will have...

swords and sand... a sandy vagina

they will focus 900% more of Jasmines independence and rebellion and hell, why even have her get married at all? deff to a , ick, man

They will totally not have Jfar be a Joe Biden creepo magic evil man, just...generic...bad guy...maybe even not so bad because, well he is arab and we cant portray arabs as.. OH FUCK JFAR IS A WHITE GUY FROM AFAR TRYING TO FUCK UP THE POOR ARABS, yes!!!

But Xadion! you say, The orig DID have Jasmine being independant, it drove the story! The whole she is not a prize to be won stuff..

Right! it did... show the movie to a kid boy and a kid girl, a teenish boy and a teenish girl, you will get 4 different stories as the movie had a BALANCE and BLEND of things..

I am telling you now, this, like the fag-infested estrogen driven Beauty and the Beast - will not, it will go left as far as it can go while giving the majority right leaning family audience an excuse to hold on to it.

• 3Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Lol some of you guys get so triggered over tiny shit

Jimmiesrustled.jpeg

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wasn't Beauty and the Beast a shot for shot remake in live action? So if we expect the same for this and it's a bunch of B listers or below with no real acting or sex appeal... hard pass.

Likewise, a shot for shot does nothing for me.

Especially without Iago.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aladdin can't be done justice. It was near flawless. This will be Airbender.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
haha, the video game had camel abuse

i don't remember this, but most video games back then were a blurr

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
All good girls take off their clothes.

Oh man that brings back a random memory. I don't remember what grade but it was some time in middle school, we were watching scenes from Aladdin in Spanish for Spanish class. One of the other kids apparently knew about that really quiet line and freaked the teacher out when she heard it.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They should have went with a more Persian casting for the male lead.

Instead we got either Abu or a fucking 9/11 hijacker. Still trying to figure out which one he is.

1540851771997.jpeg

The Jasmine is great though.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database