Aladdin (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
that trailer was bad
stale, cardboard Jafarr
an unhot, generically attractive, Jasmine
A poorly animated Will Smith

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I mean you thought SW episode 8 and solo were good, your mileage may vary i suppose.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
These live action Disney remakes are bound to have some shitty ones I'm sure. Jungle Book was pretty good, haven't watched Beauty and the Beast though and this trailer wasn't particularly good even if I don't quite make it out to be a tire fire like some pople have made it out to be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
These live action Disney remakes are bound to have some shitty ones I'm sure. Jungle Book was pretty good, haven't watched Beauty and the Beast though and this trailer wasn't particularly good even if I don't quite make it out to be a tire fire like some pople have made it out to be.

Gunna have to remind me of all the remakes they have done to live-action.

Junglebook
101 Dalmations
Beauty and the Beast

None of those were GREAT movies along the lines of something you would expect from Disney.

All of them were just...mundane, I feel like they were attempts at maintaining their license on old IPs they don't want to lapse into public domain.

Junglebook and 101 Dalmations were so vanilla they are forgettable.

I mean shit, I still say lines from 101 Dalmations TO THIS DAY and my wife can sing nearly every junglebook song.

The shift they did a while back to Live-actionify their backlog was just cringey. Thankfully they are doing all this when I have kids, I'll be spending NOTHING on theatre runs as an adult.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is the era you learn how many people can't act, can't produce, can't write, but still get greenlit.

That trailer was a flaming bag of dogshit.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Aladdin is aesthetically better than I thought.

The Jasmine is good-- I like her, and I like looking at her.

I can deal with the Genie motion cap problems.

But that cardboard Jaffar? Killed it for me. Bollywood is right. The trailer felt dead on arrival for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Whoever thought will smith was good for genie should be fired immediately

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Wasn't too impressed with that trailer. Jafar looks terrible. Genie is a meh, better looking than expected, but Will Smith personality didn't work in that brief half second clip. Maybe it'll work once viewed in entirety. I also didn't like Beast originally in Beauty & the Beast but he's since grown on me. I still dislike Emma Watson as Belle though.

Speaking of Disney Live Action, I find it crazy they have 3 big animated --> live action films in 2019: Dumbo, Aladdin, Lion King. Why rush these? I can see Dumbo + 1 other, but Aladdin & Lion King are going to be 2 months apart? Those are iconic movies that not only should be done right, not rushed, but should have some breathing room from each other, imo.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Wasn't too impressed with that trailer. Jafar looks terrible. Genie is a meh, better looking than expected, but Will Smith personality didn't work in that brief half second clip. Maybe it'll work once viewed in entirety. I also didn't like Beast originally in Beauty & the Beast but he's since grown on me. I still dislike Emma Watson as Belle though.

Speaking of Disney Live Action, I find it crazy they have 3 big animated --> live action films in 2019: Dumbo, Aladdin, Lion King. Why rush these? I can see Dumbo + 1 other, but Aladdin & Lion King are going to be 2 months apart? Those are iconic movies that not only should be done right, not rushed, but should have some breathing room from each other, imo.
$$$$$$

Lately Disney Live action movies have, mostly, been garbage in general and do not live up to the standard set by their classic animated counterparts. I do not know why Disney wishes to destroy their legacy but all the more power to them.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
From reddit

aladdin.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users