Alaska

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If you want to distance yourself this will be the year. Flights will be cheap and empty, worker just flew down to the lower 48 and his ANC to SEA leg had 14 people on it.

Booked the flight in late Jan / early Feb for 500$ . . .

So kinda boondoogled that one.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Looks like I'm still doing this.

Asked my dad if he still wants to go, his response "I'd rather die in Alaska than here".

Well ok. Lol

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looks like I'm still doing this.

Asked my dad if he still wants to go, his response "I'd rather die in Alaska than here".

Well ok. Lol
We still have out of state travellers 2 week quarantine. I am expecting it to be pulled by Memorial Day. My borough (county) just went a entire month without a covid case. I think we are averaging about 10 new cases a week for the entire state. Even the local movie theaters are back open now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Wife & I recently watched this BBC documentary. Crazy life this guy lead. I recommend it on Netflix. It's only like 6 episodes.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Place is fucking horrible.

Expensive, mosquitoes, homeless everywhere.

Nobody go there, ever.

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
I have no idea.

But there were a fucking ton of homeless in Anchorage.

I figured the winters would freeze them out

IIRC, they lived out in the woods on the outskirts of Anchorage.

WTF is it with drunks always living like pigs.

effew.jpg

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Anchorage isn't *that* cold. There's places in the lower 48 with lower average temperatures. If you're homeless in Fairbanks though, you're hardcore.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Practicing telling liberals its a shit hole so it might still be worth a fuck by the time I get enough $$$ to move up there and really do it right.

Tbh, its prolly the most amazing place I've ever been.

Anchorage has some of the best food I've ever had.
The scenery is gorgeous.
The city layout is really small and tidy.
Talkeeta even smells better than anywhere I've ever been.

But there were a fucking TON of a homeless in Anchorage. And Its really offsetting to see the sun up, think "I'll go for a walk", have a bunch of bums constantly asking you for money and think "WTF" then realizing its fucking midnight on Thursday.

Anyway yeah, place is goddamned gorgeous. I should have taken the opportunity to move up there last year. But the costs were so fucking high for housing, wife didnt have a good offer there etc etc etc.

spanner

Silver Knight of the Realm
Winter does cull a few homeless every year. They find hand full of dead bodies during break up in the spring.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Pretty sure large number of the homeless are people who go to AK to make it rich and shit and wind up working on the slime line living in a tent then find out that's real work and then homeless around for a while. Yes they had a ton of them when I was there 30 years ago. I don't think it's new, it may be worse now though.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Practicing telling liberals its a shit hole so it might still be worth a fuck by the time I get enough $$$ to move up there and really do it right.

I fucking knew it!

But there were a fucking TON of a homeless in Anchorage. And Its really offsetting to see the sun up, think "I'll go for a walk", have a bunch of bums constantly asking you for money and think "WTF" then realizing its fucking midnight on Thursday.

I don't get that, I get homeless, I get why 6 months out of the year being perpetually dark would be depressing, I get people with the wrong constitutions going there, but I don't get how they can last/exist long term homeless up there. Even where its not that cold, I wouldn't expect a good infrastructure for them.

• 1Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Homeless aren't too hard to avoid. Go somewhere where drugs and alcohol are hard to get, and they'll be hard to find.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Homeless aren't too hard to avoid. Go somewhere where drugs and alcohol are hard to get, and they'll be hard to find.

This is the place where the contender for VP of the USA got drunk and beat up her neighbors.