Albion Online

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Some of you people are fucking insane if you wouldn't take the money to stream a shit game. I've been paying money for years to play shit games.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some of you people are fucking insane if you wouldn't take the money to stream a shit game. I've been paying money for years to play shit games.

With no idea how much they were paid, the long term effects of playing a boring game can be negative for some of these guys, can't remember who it was but he said he won't ever do it again because he lost more than he made because his viewers disappeared for a while after.

Plus the gaming community is worse than music geeks when it comes to "selling out."

Must be nice though, sit on your ass day in and day out playing video games making ungodly amounts of money.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

I don't fault the people streaming the game and being paid, they are doing their jobs. They are marketing.

Must be nice though, sit on your ass day in and day out playing video games making ungodly amounts of money.

I dunno, I feel like there is a TON of uncertainty in playing and relying on streaming for income. if you get lucky and get someone like Ice Poseidon and stream IRL or whatever you want and people turn out to watch your cringey antics then you are lucky as fuck but think about someone like towelliee who streams WoW and if he streams anything else outside of WoW he drops to like 1/4th of the amount of viewers.

You are, in some cases, strapped to the game that nets you popularity. Unless you break out like some have done. When your game fades, you really wonder what people do. If WoW ever dies I wonder what towelliee will do.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't fault the people streaming the game and being paid, they are doing their jobs. They are marketing.

I dunno, I feel like there is a TON of uncertainty in playing and relying on streaming for income. if you get lucky and get someone like Ice Poseidon and stream IRL or whatever you want and people turn out to watch your cringey antics then you are lucky as fuck but think about someone like towelliee who streams WoW and if he streams anything else outside of WoW he drops to like 1/4th of the amount of viewers.

You are, in some cases, strapped to the game that nets you popularity. Unless you break out like some have done. When your game fades, you really wonder what people do. If WoW ever dies I wonder what towelliee will do.

It does suck, bacon donut has been playing Minecraft for years, dude has tried his best to play other games but he can't afford the viewer drop. I can't imagine the pain of playing Minecraft 6 days a week for 4+ years.

Then again if I was paying my mortgage in 2 days I think I could manage.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Its smashing sales-- no sign of slowing down right now. Its a runaway hit doing numbers we haven't seen in a decade.

The TIMING that people talk about all the time in this fourm, they have that. It was time. The market was lush and WoW Legion had just faded to black.

This game is NOT going away any time soon. And a lot of people are going to be playing it regardless of how many bitter leetdudes on twitch chat are spamming BORINGGG.

Everyone who's anyone already purchased it. If you are hating on Albion for X Y Z reason you will be in the minority for a long while, at least a solid month. Everyone else will be checking out the game, and yes, having fun.

lol this post

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

LennyLeonard

Trakanon Raider
It does suck, bacon donut has been playing Minecraft for years, dude has tried his best to play other games but he can't afford the viewer drop. I can't imagine the pain of playing Minecraft 6 days a week for 4+ years.

Then again if I was paying my mortgage in 2 days I think I could manage.

He does retro streams, including Warcraft 1, Diablo 1, and some other stuff. His bigger issue seems to be his hours and reliability. I use to watch him nightly, as he was a good background noise type of stream. But then he disappeared for a while. He needs to bite the bullet and make a full time commitment to some kind of variety, and find hours that work. Both him and Sevadus seem to be hurting lately for viewers so I hope they figure something out.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Lol that guy I sold the gold to just sent me a message saying "wtf did you actually get me banned?". Guess they're tracking RMT pretty hard? Idk.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It says a lot when gold transactions get flagged while there are rampant nofog / zoomhack / speedhack cheats going around. And by rampant I mean cheating in Albion Online is easier than modifying your highscore on Bejeweled.

zhakran

<Banned>
Yep, I was trying to catch up to the cool kids and bought $25 of gold from some chinese farmer. Account perma banned within 24 hours. RIP, was an interesting game, but not really worth re-investing in. Good shit.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
LOL...

apparently "creators" were given like 12k gold...

Dude was rolling in the gold too from people using his referral and he couldn't pass up paying 10 USD for 100k gold on some 3rd party chinese site.

Swiftor-Today at 9:37 PM

Got myself banned boys - will see what I can do tomorrow.

It was a fully desrved ban, so we'll see what they say.

Potater-Today at 9:37 PM

We love you Swift, I can see why you did it

Detockz-Today at 9:37 PM

Rest in Pepperonis

Potater-Today at 9:37 PM

The price is so cheap

Holy crap

Histo-Today at 9:37 PM

How long is the ban

Swiftor-Today at 9:37 PM

Probably perm unless I'm able to appeal. We'll see.

Histo-Today at 9:38 PM

Omg if ur perma banned you can't give guild ownership

Swiftor-Today at 9:38 PM

I'm confident I can get that transfered.

Potater-Today at 9:39 PM

I honestly can't blame you. Those prices are just insane

10,000 for ten dollars

Swiftor-Today at 9:39 PM

Yeah

I bought about 100k gold, lol

luckily used some on upgrading the island before ban

didn't have time to do the full upgrade

ah well

Potater-Today at 9:40 PM

Well, if you were going to be banned, you went out guns blazing

AidanMacNeill-Today at 9:42 PM

Yeah, it's perma right now (200 years but same thing)

SkolViking944-Today at 10:09 PM

What did he do??

Mudpie-Today at 10:09 PM

bought gold off a 3rd party site

SkolViking944-Today at 10:10 PM

ahhh

yea

lol

Swiftor-Today at 10:11 PM

yep

worst case, ill get the guild transferred.

Ckay-Today at 10:31 PM

That sucks dude I think they should simply just reset your gold. Problem is, will they take the guild from us as you spent it on that? Also I really hope you get somewhere with it as it would be great for you to keep playing it. Problem is, you were a creator and got given 12k gold for free so they will look down at you.

Histo-Today at 10:32 PM

Creator?

Ckay-Today at 10:36 PM

A youtube creator

Histo-Today at 10:36 PM

Ok

Swiftor-Today at 10:49 PM

Low level person replied, said they'd consider transferring the guild.

They are escalating, so we'll see whats up.

Potater-Today at 10:49 PM

Escalating?

Swiftor-Today at 10:49 PM

To a higher up

zhakran

<Banned>
yeah that was basically my experience, except I'm a nobody. I mean it seems somewhat short-sighted. Base your entire game and business model around being able to purchase gold and trade it directly for in-game benefits...and then get bent out of shape when people do *exactly* that, but through a 3rd party. So like, if you remove the gold and slap on a 24-hour ban or something, the odds of that person buying gold again, legitimately, would be pretty high. I would have at least considered it. But lifetime ban? For that? I'm sorry, game was fun, but I ain't starting that shit over, sorry.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
The comical part to me is that I can get a year worth of sub time for like 2 million silver.

I Assume that this is player sold gold converted to premium.

This makes me wonder if botting will be cracked down on like mad. Because a good bot will never get reported. Hell a person mindlessly clicking on 2 nodes is more likely to get banned for "botting" than an actual bot...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Kind of interested to see how this plays out over time. CCP just recently made some changes in eve and said it was because of the low pay in certain parts of the world in relation to selling stuff thru non official channels. Then the sub price for Russians was changed to be less than the rest of the world.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
The fact that this game has made about 40 million dollars before it even launched makes me fucking sick. The entire gaming community should be embarrassed honestly. I swear it's as if the entire industry is going in reverse. How the fuck is it possible for a game to look and play worse than 15-20 year old games that it's trying to emulate? I'm not sure what's worse, the shitty devs that made this shitty game or the idiots in the community that threw literally 1000's of dollars at this game while it was in beta?(yes I shit you not I met numerous people that said they spent 1,000$+ on gold while the game was still in beta). Like what the actual fuck? Is it seriously this easy to scam people out of their money?

"Lol I decided to watch a few steamers tonight instead of playing and apparently they are paying summit to play it and it's obvious. Chat is just going crazy with booooorrrriiiinnnngggg."

This is why Kripp is one of my favorite streamers. I guarantee he got offered a shitload of money to play this game and turned it down because he knows how garbage it is. Although I guess I can't blame sell outs like Summit and Sodapoppin because I'm sure they're getting well in the 5 figure amounts to play it.

Albion online is definitely not a good game for people to be streaming, there's a lot of down time and grinding, I mean who's going to want to watch another person grinding t3 nodes. Anyways I'm happy to support Albion online because the developers are trying to do something other than make a shitty wow clone. You don't hardly ever see MMO these days that have open world full loot PvP. For someone who is an oldschool-UO player, albion is doing a good job of satisfying that itch. I'm playing in a small 10 person guild and we're all having fun /shrug.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So since I can rock this on a tablet or phone + pc no issue...

If any of you salty bros hating life and albion wanna sell out, and have never rmt'd or botted or otherwise gonna get me axed, pm me. Fort sterling island is a plus.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I've got a Legendary Founder account that I haven't logged into since last year if anyone wants to buy.

Last edited:

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
c0XKy40.png

E14WluD.png

• 2Worf

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
One of the most basic player interactions never intended, but game's still a sandbox, right?

Right!?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Albion online is dead • r/MMORPG

Circumstantially a group of chinese or whatever gold farmers (their usernames are like bikinipandaCOM--google that) have put down huge bids to buy out the land that was held by what appears to have been the strongest valued guild in Albion. The amount in game silver was equivalent to 2,700 USD.

This guild wanted action taken about the matter, wanted to get refunded in regard to their counterbid, wanted to hear from the devs how they will fix the situation. Basically they just got a GM playing the politician role that would hear them out but not really listen.

So that guild is leaving Albion after investing a lot of money. Never to return, and leaving this big message of how things are in game.