Aliens and imploding simulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasker

Brown officer title, just like Kaige
now you're getting an attitude?

how is it just angst? it's all legitimate points. you ask people to take you seriously, but then when they ask serious questions you get like this. it's lame.

Get like what? I answered your legit questions and left out the part where you went emo. You want me to reply to why I think I’m accusing you of sweeping things under the rug?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You want me to reply to why I think I’m accusing you of sweeping things under the rug?

huh?

and it's quite bizarre to me that you think that paragraph was emo. i was explaining how i'm trying to examine your claim with INTELLECTUAL rigor. there's nothing emotional about it. perhaps you are the one attaching emotion to the situation?

Jasker

huh?

and it's quite bizarre to me that you think that paragraph was emo. i was explaining how i'm trying to examine your claim with INTELLECTUAL rigor. there's nothing emotional about it. perhaps you are the one attaching emotion to the situation?

Stop deflecting my very strong proof with this bullshit. Enough of this.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Is this my mom or something?

frankly man, i'm one of two people that's actually been nice to you here, instead of just fucking with you or insulting you. i'm sorry that you seem to have misinterpreted me as attempting to "sweep it under the rug," that truly has not been my intention. i'm starting to question whether or not i should just start fucking with you tho.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jasker

frankly man, i'm one of two people that's actually been nice to you here, instead of just fucking with you or insulting you. i'm sorry that you seem to have misinterpreted me as attempting to "sweep it under the rug," that truly has not been my intention. i'm starting to question whether or not i should just start fucking with you tho.

Gave you proof. You went down a page of things that aren’t related to my proof. You’re doing it now sir.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Stop deflecting my very strong proof with this bullshit. Enough of this.

i am not deflecting shit. asking questions is not deflecting. pretty sure you're the one deflecting by making these accusations. you refuse to answer my questions by making excuses like the incorrect claim that i'm sweeping things under the rug. sounds like deflecting to me.

Jasker

i am not deflecting shit. asking questions is not deflecting. pretty sure you're the one deflecting by making these accusations. you refuse to answer my questions by making excuses like the incorrect claim that i'm sweeping things under the rug. sounds like deflecting to me.

Wait, what didn’t I answer? Because the thing I omitted was:

“and please don't accuse me of trying to sweep anything under the rug. it's getting old. that's not what i'm doing. you are making an extraordinary claim by saying we are living in a simulation. extraordinary claims deserve to be examined with extraordinary rigor. asking questions is not denying. it's an attempt to understand, learn, and perhaps even some day be able to myself offer extraordinary proof to others.”

And I’m not sure what you want me to say to that, I’d prefer to stay on my very strong point then go down a semantics road.

Jasker

Original topic of conversation for anyone that cares:

Answer this:

An incredibly attractive female comedian on Instagram with 40k followers and also verified liked a selfie I posted a few weeks ago. I have no hashtags associated with the picture. How’s that possible on about three different fronts? I had no connection to her at all prior to her liking my pic.

An Asian guy I don’t know with 175k followers just commented on it like 10 hours ago and said ‘very interesting’.

At the very very least, I’m being ‘watched’ by something. I mean, I suppose you could argue it’s not simulation... but some mega attractive verified comedian liking my non hash-tagged selfie? No way in hell that happens in an organic biological reality

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Wait, what didn’t I answer? Because the thing I omitted was:

“and please don't accuse me of trying to sweep anything under the rug. it's getting old. that's not what i'm doing. you are making an extraordinary claim by saying we are living in a simulation. extraordinary claims deserve to be examined with extraordinary rigor. asking questions is not denying. it's an attempt to understand, learn, and perhaps even some day be able to myself offer extraordinary proof to others.”

And I’m not sure what you want me to say to that, I’d prefer to stay on my very strong point then go down a semantics road.

alright, i suppose THIS particular time it wasn't a question that caused you to make this accusation, but you've responded to my questions many times in the past by just saying that i don't believe you so you're not going to bother answering. and you're right that i don't believe up front, but literally [NO EXTREME CLAIMS SHOULD BE BELIEVED WITHOUT FIRST BEING EXAMINED WITH EXTREME RIGOR

that doesn't mean -- and now, read this next part a few times, because it's the honest truth, and i want you to please understand it about me -- i am WILLING to believe if presented with strong enough evidence.

read it again

i am willing to believe if presented with strong enough evidence

i am willing to believe if presented with strong enough evidence

you are an intelligent person. it's quite obvious, despite some of your other eccentricities. so i know you understand the difference between strong and weak proof. so get out there and find some strong proof. i truly want to hear it.

Jasker

I just gave you proof something is up.. two unrelated people with more than 40k followers each during far different times are involved with a non hashtagged selfie of mine on insta. I’m either being watched by something or this is just a simulation and they’re participants.

Jasker

Closest thing to hard proof I have really right now, I’m guessing you want me to dox myself now and share the post.

Jasker

It’s a simulation man, there’s no ‘hard’ proof here. It’s everything added up. Hard to explain.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah two famous or semi famous people involved with a simple Instagram post I had that had no hashtags.. I’ve got like 50 followers lol.

yeah even tho that's extremely strange i know you're smart enough to understand that to another person it isn't anywhere near strong proof of your claim.

when i said "there's gotta be something" i wasn't really looking for you to just repeat the last thing you said, tho. i was trying to challenge you and inspire you to seek out better evidence.

because, how awesome would it be if you really did have evidence so good that no one could deny what you're saying? you really should try.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It is an odd occurrence, I'll give you that, but only if you're a reliable witness. And frankly that's hard to believe at this point.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I have a beautiful armchair psychology theory about Jasker.

Anyone that tries to help him rationalize his delusion that this is a simulation and we're all fake are met with hostility and derision because, if you think about it, he thinks we're all fake and "in on it" so the people that are telling him he's deluded are actually MORE sinister and evil than the individuals who are merely fucking with him because they're at least being honest about his prison.

Think about it... think about those hidden gag/candid camera shows where you have a "victim" and then you have like a close relative who set them up and then you have a small group of "in-on-it" actors who play out the drama. After the joke is realized, the people laughing at the victim are the ones being honest about the joke and anyone who would then say "this isn't a joke, you weren't the victim, this event really DID happen" are actually being gaslighting assholes. Only this analogy is flipped with Jasker because, to him, we ARE in on it, this simulation IS real, and we are just part of said simulation and can read his thoughts already or whatever so the good guys are the bad guys in his delusion.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone that tries to help him rationalize his delusion that this is a simulation and we're all fake are met with hostility and derision because, if you think about it, he thinks we're all fake and "in on it" so the people that are telling him he's deluded are actually MORE sinister and evil than the individuals who are merely fucking with him because they're at least being honest about his prison.

This was actually brought up at the last project review and it was determined to be the result of reusing too much of Lumie's old code. His devs are going to take a look at it and see if they can dial the hostility back a bit in the next version.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.