Aliens: Colonial Marines

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord

I am a huge fan of the franchise and can't wait for this, anyone else looking forward to this?

I know Alien vs Predator was a huge let down, hopefully this won't tank.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been anxious because I love the franchise, but after AvP I've been waiting for the the reviews.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Want to like it, but for the past 20 years I've had nightmares about Giger aliens so........fuck dat shit son.

Cthon_sl

shitlord
I am a huge fan of the franchise and can't wait for this, anyone else looking forward to this?

I know Alien vs Predator was a huge let down, hopefully this won't tank.
I'm assuming that you're talking about the most recent release of AVP (2010)? I agree, it was fairly abysmal. But the original AvP kicked all kinds of ass. I'm also very much looking forward to this new release!

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Since this will be multiplatform (as far as I know?), will the servers all be the same? For those who use PC to the console?

Fuya_sl

shitlord
You can pretty much blame Microsoft when making Shadowrun, the FPS one, for no future support on multi-player with console and PCs. During testing even a group of decent PC players were just straight up raping their best console players. So the choice was made to drop feature because Microsoft feared that the beatings will drive up PC gaming and lower console gaming. That and it would have been too expensive to package in a backpack with every console sale for the players to carry an ass-whooping in.

Cthon_sl

shitlord
That and it would have been too expensive to package in a backpack with every console sale for the players to carry an ass-whooping in.
This is the best damned thing I've read all day. If I'm not mistaken, every single FPS console game that's been made in recent history all have a small amount of auto-aim built into the software. It's necessary to overcome the inherent inaccuracy that comes from using a gamepad. Asswhoopings indeed.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
True, cheating less prevalent on console.

Why can't they just release a goddamned keyboard and mouse for the X-Box for gaming?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
True, cheating less prevalent on console.

Why can't they just release a goddamned keyboard and mouse for the X-Box for gaming?
Probably out of the same concern, it would become necessary hardware and just turn the Xbox into a PC.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Probably out of the same concern, it would become necessary hardware and just turn the Xbox into a PC.
But... it already is a weak PC, just without keyboard and mouse
wink.png

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So it looks like this thing is shaping up to be one of the worst games of all times.

I ordered anyway on GMG because I found it for cheap, and I still think the multiplayer will be fun. But oh my God some hilarious videos are showing up on the SA forums.

http://gifsound.com/?gif=http://s7.p...Fv=KRaiiT3ZnJw

I guess they have blind zombie aliens.

And a new review is up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dPF8jpItCs

Oh, I guess it is unlocked on Steam via VPN now in Australia, Gearbox forgot to include the executable file
rolleyes.png

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sigh.. I was hyped for this game until I saw that video. I approach tomorrow with cautious optimism
frown.png