All things Brandon Sanderson

Seventh

Golden Squire
I broke the first rule of Sanderson. "Do not start reading after 10PM when you have to work in the morning". Couldn't put Steelheart down until ~2 in the morning, and was a bag of shit all day because of it. Book kicks ass.

Anyone have any luck with a Steelhunt code? He isn't coming to my area until November sometime. I know in the Steelhunt post there was a mention of Twitter and Facebook codes but I haven't seen any of those available yet.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Two More Mistborn Novels

if im reading this right 2 more alloy books plus another 6 in the mistborn world along with the stormlight series and other works... and he wants to finish alot of those projects in the next 5 years.....

I cannot believe how spoiled we are in the fantasy science fiction world. in some respects I feel like we don't deserve it...

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Re: Alloy series
They're light on consequences and world-building, and heavy on flashy fighting between good and evil.

I like the political in-fighting in Stormlight. It, and other elements, add more grey between the white and black.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought the Stormlight books were going to be a total of 10 for the one story. It's actually 5 books per story. Sanderson says it in this long video.[/url]
So the current story is going to take 5 books, and then he's going to write 5 more about something else?

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honestly, I don't care what series he works on next, his constantly switching seems to produce great results. As much as I'd love the planned 8 more mistborn novels to come out one after the other, if I had to wait 5 years between each one because burnout/writer's block, it wouldn't be worth it.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I picked up Steelheart a few days ago and just finished it. Not a bad book. I'm not sure how long he can keep up the pace he is on. The guy is a machine.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ive said it before and I'll say it again. This dude needs to grind out ONE series after another. I don't want him to go the way of RDJ but, instead of one series to finish, we have 5 series undone.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ive said it before and I'll say it again. This dude needs to grind out ONE series after another. I don't want him to go the way of RDJ but, instead of one series to finish, we have 5 series undone.
And that is probably what doesn't burn him out. Martin and Jordan aren't(weren't) as prolific and yet we have(had) to wait ages between books anyway. Why not get your fix more often but with different scenery? I think a couple of his series will peter out in the next 5 years. I'm all for enjoying the next five years while we have this stuff.

Nite1,

I don't feel spoiled at all. If it wasn't for Sanderson and some new talent...we'd have virtually nothing to look forward to. Unless you love twilight themed romance novels that are everywhere in this genre now. Jordan gone. Erikson's epic is done, Martin will probably die before another book comes out, etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Erikson's epic is done.
Just in case you didn't know, the Malazan Book of The Fallen may be done, but Erikson isn't done writing in that universe. He's contracted for another 5 books. I was kinda disappointed by Forge of Darkness though. Hoping it will pick up a bit. And the Karsa trilogy is almost guaranteed to be good considering the character it will centered upon. Lastly, Esslemont has at least one more side book to write. I think they both have books out next year.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
From what I've heard, Erikson hit a "structural problem" while working on "THE FALL OF LIGHT" and it's likely to slip back to 2015.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why Agraza? I'll admit there are definitely some major flaws in his later works but there's still some good character development and story telling going on.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Chain of Dogs was ermahgerd amazing, but the last few books of the series were just one climax after another that didn't occur. The end was a dishrag of /yawn.