All things Brandon Sanderson

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hah, just one book a year. I actually rather enjoyed his young adult Steelheart book of his new Reckoner's series. Guy churns out at least 2 quality books a year and some novella's/short stories. I believe he has 3 major novels this year (WOR already released, a new mistborn, and a new Reckoner) and some novella's/short stories.

Guy's a becoming a more of a machine then before.

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
I read the Mistborn Series, and it was pretty decent. Some parts moved too fast, but the magic system was nerdtastic. I have yet to read Alloy of Law, but I intend to at some point. The Stormlight stuff I haven't touched. I waiting for it to be finished.
Read Alloy of Law. It's better than the entire trilogy, but couldn't "stand alone" without the trilogy behind it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm only like 40% into WoR and i can say this is probably my favorite series i've read by far. I also haven't read very many but god damn do i ever love these two books

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm only like 40% into WoR and i can say this is probably my favorite series i've read by far. I also haven't read very many but god damn do i ever love these two books
I've read many, many series and it's still one of the best I've read. He's always been a good writer but this series is his best and very comparable to the best out there.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eh, I like the powder mage stuff, and it's a second book. I'm glad I read it, but...it's no WoR.

cambones_sl

shitlord
I keep seeing Powdermage trilogy around... I just haven't picked it up yet. Maybe because the last few books I've tried to read have treated me as a child... And "Powdermage" just doesn't sound very appealing. Does it have an adult feel to it?

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I've read all of Mistorn and Stormlight, so decided to do all the cosmere stuff, starting with Elantris. I'm about halfway through it. It's very obvious that it's one of his early works. It is keeping my interest, but it doesn't flow like Stormlight does.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
I keep seeing Powdermage trilogy around... I just haven't picked it up yet. Maybe because the last few books I've tried to read have treated me as a child... And "Powdermage" just doesn't sound very appealing. Does it have an adult feel to it?
I really wanted to like it, but it just fell flat for me somehow. The characters just feel...kind of like cutouts of what characters should be. I found myself reading out of grinding through it rather than actually enjoying it.

Unlike WoR, where I kind of put my life on hold to find out the next thing that would happen.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Currently 75% through WoR, i fucking loooooooooove this series so much.

I think i'm at a point where all i think of is:
its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

The characters and chemistry and everything just. Hnnnnnnnnghh. I'm going to be so depressed when i'm done it
frown.png

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Finished Elantris and I can definitely see some parallels between it and the Stormlight books. The magic is similar and the evil monks and the parshendi are similar.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Finished WoR, soo gooooooood. I'll probably have to read through these again at some point before the next book comes out.
I'm going to quickly read the emperor's soul and then probably start the mistborn books after

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just finished Warbreaker and I wish I would have read it before WoR. Looking forward to the Szeth book now.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Finished The Emperor's Soul, pretty neat little novella, i think i would have enjoyed it more if it was an actual book though since it was over before i knew it and wanted to know more about everything.

Debating if i should do Mistborn next or read something from another author first since the last 3 i read were all from sanderson~

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think I broke up my Sanderson binge with Butcher, which turned in to another binge, and then Erikson had released Forge of Darkness... it was quite a fun bit of reading.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm 27% of the way through Way of Kings right now. This book is very interesting. I love the idea of these spren that are essentially physical representation of emotion or chemical reactions. Right now I'm finally settling in with the few characters they are showing, and right now it's the Shattered Plains. I think I have the players set up in my brain, I just hope the next part of the book doesn't toss even more characters at me.

Love the gems of the world and how farmers farm grain buy opening up Pods that poor out grain. That's fucking cool. Everything is sooooo different, but not crazy enough that you can't relate to it in some way or easy imagine it.

Really awesome world. I can't wait to learn more about the magic system with Shardblades/plate and that Soulcasting or whatever it is you do with gems to make anything out of anything.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It may be stupidly obvious to you, and everyone, but I do so much reading on my Paperwhite it never occurs to me that I can also read on my Nexus 7. Which is only to point out that if you're reading on a Kindle E-Ink style device it is worth picking up the tablet to look at some of the illustrations and things that Sanderson generally includes. They're really nice and unfortunately the E-Ink can't do the full color / detail views justice. For this book and probably every other.