Almost Human

Qhue

Trump's Staff
New series from JJ Abrams with Karl Urban:

Seems sort of like AlienNation only with androids.

Cybsled

Sci-Fi on Fox? 1, maybe 2 seasons. After all, they need to make more shitty reality shows!

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll wait and see. There really doesn't seem to be much premise in that trailer apart from android buddy-cop. I'm guessing it'll be a procedural which seems really disappointing considering what looks like a really cool setting with surprisingly good special effects.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Would have liked to have watched the trailer. Too bad fucking retards wreck free advertising for their own fucking show.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Ripping of the Joey Tribbiani classic, Mac and C.H.E.E.S.E

http://friends.wikia.com/wiki/Mac_and_C.H.E.E.S.E.

MacAndCHEESE.jpg

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
That's Being Human, about a Ghost Werewolf and Vampire trying to pass and live among humans.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's the plot? All the commercials all just focus on "Anroid cops!" But they don't touch on anything related to why I should actually give a shit.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Meh.

Admittedly, I fell out of Fringe, and only caught the final season months later. But there's little here to suggest that I won't catch up to AH this summer as well, assuming it survives.

The twist was weak - as soon as you saw girl legs, there were only two candidates, girlfriend and tech girl. Given that one of them was mysteriously missing at the time, there wasn't much of a mystery.
"Let's go into your memories!" Was there really no other script option that was less derivative of Fringe's pilot?
What was the deal with the flashback chemicals anyway? Were we supposed to believe the police assault had been in the works for over two years? They couldn't bribe someone, or send a mole in as a police recruit, to drag the crate out in that time?
("He's on the move!" Unless the "He" the bad guys referred to was Dorian, and not random cop. Them waiting for Dorian to get activated would at least explain why nothing had happened in two years.)
Speaking of which, what's the deal with "bad guys"? The ZFT cult at least had brain washing to explain their motives. What's the profit margin in getting shot assaulting a police station?
Unsure how I feel about Fembot. Yes, Dorian needs a foil, and you could see them going in two fruitful ways with her. Either as a literally amoral (she hasn't been programmed with any) supervillain, or leader of some Robot Liberation Army (notice that the assault on the police station would have been fatal for the people, but the synthetics would have been unharmed). At least an RLA would explain why the foot soldiers would be willing to die in the police station assault.

There's some stuff I'd like to see answers for (why's half the city blue-fenced off?), but I doubt I will be willing to sit through, say, robot whores to get the two minutes of mythos every week.

Edit: Apparently the version sent out to critics had one additional scene, with some major twist. The obvious answer would be that Urban couldn't have survived that grenade blast two years ago, and got his brain dumped into a robot body himself. (Also meaning that Fembot and the RLA will, of course, get the better of him in sweeps but mysteriously let him go.)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the plot? All the commercials all just focus on "Anroid cops!" But they don't touch on anything related to why I should actually give a shit.
It looks like it will be a serial cop drama with sci-fi flavoring with the overarching story being solving Urban's past.

spronk

FPS noob
I really enjoyed it, the visuals were mostly excellent and the casting was great, shitloads of nice little scifi tropes like flashing lights, Blade Runner-esque asian food street, a lot of Deus Ex vibes, etc. Hope the show can stay strong and navigate a "case of the week" cop drama with their shadow-crime-syndicate arc.

glowy segway was funny tho

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I could have sworn the commercials said it was a 2 hour premier. Oh well

I just watched it and I really liked it a lot.