Almost Human

velk

Trakanon Raider
What was the deal with the flashback chemicals anyway? Were we supposed to believe the police assault had been in the works for over two years? They couldn't bribe someone, or send a mole in as a police recruit, to drag the crate out in that time?
What ? They stole the crate with the programmable DNA to make the anti-cop gas they used in the station assault. It had nothing to do with the previous one, the PTSD flashback was just triggered by a list of what other things the van had.

Speaking of which, what's the deal with "bad guys"? The ZFT cult at least had brain washing to explain their motives. What's the profit margin in getting shot assaulting a police station?
Fembot got seized as evidence, and they want her back, for reasons which are presumably part of the overall plot.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
feels like they "had" to do the sexbot eps and get it over with,(since it's the obvious what if, with gynoids) with that i don't mind, but this eps really added nothing to the story.

spronk

FPS noob
I don't think this is going to be a story arc driven show, if its like Fringe the arc will be in the background most of the time so just enjoy the week to week mystery/cop drama/CSI stuff. Skin stuff was creeeeepy as fuck, I guess I've always had an unknown fear of someone stealing my skin.

Premiere rating was really good, now to see if it holds up or not.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
"You scanned my balls?" got a good laugh from me.

Really enjoyed tonight's episode as well, all in all I'm very pleased with this show so far.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Lord save me from the standalone episodes. How is it that in an era where all the mega popular and critically acclaimed series are truly serialized some idiot believes that there must be X standalone episodes to introduce the characters?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lord save me from the standalone episodes. How is it that in an era where all the mega popular and critically acclaimed series are truly serialized some idiot believes that there must be X standalone episodes to introduce the characters?
Network TV. On HBO and such you rarely see it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the second episode quite a bit. As Tarrant mentioned, I laughed at several points when they were talking to each other throughout the episode.

I'm fine with standalone episodes here and there, or even shows where the majority of the "overall story" is in the last 5 minutes of each episode, as long as it is consistently entertaining. Hell, some of the best Supernatural episodes are completely unrelated to the main story. Sure I'd love a Game of Thrones style story, but if I can't have that I'm fine with great individual episodes. The main thing that will make or break this show is the "buddy cop" dynamic, and these two seem to have it. Dorian is pretty fucking funny when he fucks with Urban. I like them together, they play off each other well, and they are both good actors, so I'm hooked unless it turns to shit in the next few episodes. And Minka Kelly is hot, and they don't have her doing stupid shit like the tech people on these shows usually do.

Opening scene sexbot was worth the price of admission on this one though. I'd never leave my fucking house if I had one of her.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i thought she was a regular det., but then tech girl makes sense we don't see her out on cases nor do i remember her talking to a mx partner. but she's not like... in a lab coat like the mx "doctor", she's in civilian clothes and even has a gun.

Cybsled

Well at least the show was honest about things: In a future where you can have life like androids, of course they are going to make androids who's purpose is to have sex ;P

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Well at least the show was honest about things: In a future where you can have life like androids, of course they are going to make androids who's purpose is to have sex ;P
We can't actually do that yet, but even so there are people who try really hard. Real Dolls are fucking creepy.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i thought she was a regular det., but then tech girl makes sense we don't see her out on cases nor do i remember her talking to a mx partner. but she's not like... in a lab coat like the mx "doctor", she's in civilian clothes and even has a gun.
Well, perhaps I misspoke a little, because she called herself an "Intelligence Analyst" in the first episode. But close enough, you get the drift. The MX doctor is clearly the "crazy tech guy" but she's still going to be mainly in the office pulling up maps and backgrounds and such.

Siliconemelons

dont know why but I thought part 2 of the preimire was tonight not monday :p oh well, it should be on hulu+ now

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Really glad Urbans character has warmed up to his partner already. I was worried it was gonna drag on for a long time with trust issues etc till finally seeing the light.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Ball scanner ftw. Really liking this show. But then I wanted to like it as soon as I heard about it because Karl Urban + Blade Runner + Robocop.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
It looks like it will be a serial cop drama with sci-fi flavoring with the overarching story being solving Urban's past.
I believe this is basically a modern Alien Nation, you have the cop and the outsider who is learning about humans emotions blah blah blah, and then you have a near futuristic timeline with lots of differences to show off. Since I loved Alien Nation and liked the first couple episodes of this I hope it does well, but its on Fox so who knows.