Almost Human

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm really shocked at the production. I'm pretty surprised with the effects they put in and I can't see them keeping it up. Only shows I see with good production is on hbo with game of thrones ect.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Loving this show. The interactions are great. I hope it does amazing so we can all realize that Whedon was the problem behind Firefly.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm pretty much a critical asshole and I'm really liking this show. Even the moments they start to slip into expected tropes are still done with enough quirk and humor they aren't too eyerolly. My fear is if they front loaded production costs and at some point we'll just get an endless cycle of low-budget self-contained episodes and the show will lose all luster. I'll keep watching until then, though.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Enjoying the first few episodes. Last episode actually kind of hit some emotional notes with me.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
said on the shield thread that almost human trumps shield in the cgi/graphics, set design everything basically. (and that's something i really don't care for) could someone remind me how long he was out for? was it 6m or 2yrs? all i remember was the robot was out for 4yrs.

spronk

FPS noob
dredd was out of action for 2 years (17 months coma plus some rehab time). also the second episode that aired this week was actually episode #5 in production order, but I guess they felt it a good strong standalone episode to keep viewer interest high. so while special effects may go down, probably not for a bit. Not sure how many episodes season 1 is gonna be, probably 11-13?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not falling for this shit just yet! I'll give it a few episodes to make sure the reviews in this thread stay positive, then I'll download/catch-up.

Siliconemelons

I did enjoy episode 1 and havent gotten to watch 2 yet on hulu.

I have to say the world is nice, and way better done than the comercials etc gave hint at...so yes I hope like others do- that it does not slip down and become crappy. If one was to compare this to sheild..wow..sheild sucks :p

I did like that the world is what it is, we have not been given "this is our cool world get into it!" moments like some other shows where the "world" is the vehicle and characters, story etc are secondary- this has great characters (or is urban just holding the show?) and a great world that is just 'there' and doing a damn good job at it!

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I'll feel terrible if a show I never watched gets canceled.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah, I'll feel terrible if a show I never watched gets canceled.
You will then watch it later on Netflix and cry that it only made it 14 episodes, that Fox killed it, and that it's only reason for cancellation was because it was aired out of order.

J.J. Abrams will gain new cult status and will be asked to write all kinds of shows that suck but fans will love it.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I look forward to starting my whine-thread about it in 2017.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
+1 to the number of people talking about the production values, and that it seems purty darn gewd. Will watch fo sho.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh man this shit is great so far, and the comment on his testicles was hilarious.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Oh man this shit is great so far, and the comment on his testicles was hilarious.
all the scanning tech in the world to install into an android... blue balls scanner - standard equipment.

anyone else kinda freaked out by android designation? i keep getting confused cuz i know he's a DRN but keep thinking it's the hospital term DNR (do not resusitate)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really enjoyed the first two episodes, Urban is a badass, they mix in the humor pretty well. Also I hope they delve more into the "new technologies" and weapons they talk about all the time in the intro. Would make all the filler episodes a bit more bearable.