Amazing Spider-Man 2

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
The only thing anyone ever says is good about these movies is the action. Who fucking cares about a few minutes of CGI nestled in the middle of shit acting and shit story? I want to be entertained for the entire time I sit and watch a movie. I feel ripped off if I am bored waiting for the computer clips to start.
Actually for me the best part of the movie were the Peter/Gwen scenes and Peter/Harry scenes. The action was just icing on the cake.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yes, it is fully understood that you have shit taste in movies.
OMG, I'm sorry I actually liked ASM2.

Yes, of the four Marvel comic movies to come out this year I would rank it as #4.

1) Guardians of the Galaxy
2) Captian America: The Winter Soldier
3) X-Men: Days of Future Past
4) Amazing Spider-Man 2

But it's also way better than most of the shit that came out this summer like Godzilla and Transformers.

The interaction between Peter/Gwen was spot on. The weak part again were the villains. I was way more interested in Harry Osborn than Electro and the Rhino is only a setup figure for further movies, which should have probably been an extra credit scene and not the last part of the real movie. The villains in the ASM movies are fairly disposable and you could care less about them. Still not as bad as SM3 villains though.

Yes I prefer Andrew Garfield to Toby McQuire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
Yes I prefer Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy and that story arc as compared to Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson.
Yes I prefer the action sequences from ASM/ASM2 to SM, SM2 and SM3.

So yes, I actually prefer ASM/ASM2 to the original Spider-Man films.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
What made the original spider-man films great, was how well they handled the web-slinging. It looked so natural as he flew around the city on his webs. Also, I loved their rendition of Doc Oc. At least how the arms moved around.

Keep in mind the newer movies look better (web-slinging at least), but the older movies were great because they finally gave us agoodvisual medium for the character, as opposed to the cartoons.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I hate the new Osborne stuff, but I love the new Parker. I didn't like the casting of Parker, Brock, or MJ in the previous Spider-Man.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The old spidey movies are corny and cheesy as fuck. Tobey is a whining bitch and always sad.
Yeah....back in 2002, SM was the next best thing but after several reviews, i realized the movies are so cartoonish.
ASM is average mainly because the villain was weak. Haven't seen the 2nd movie though

Arakkis

N00b
The old spidey movies are corny and cheesy as fuck. Tobey is a whining bitch and always sad.
Yeah....back in 2002, SM was the next best thing but after several reviews, i realized the movies are so cartoonish.
ASM is average mainly because the villain was weak. Haven't seen the 2nd movie though
Have you ever read a Spider-Man comic? Tobey was the PERFECT Peter Parker. Yeah, I said it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only stupid people think Jean-Ralphio is a better Peter Parker than Tobey was in the first 2. But it's a pointless fight. They think Peter has been a cool sk8ter bro hipster for 65 years, you're not getting through to them and it's just a waste of time to try.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

there isn't a better characterization in the reboots.

aside from the tray catching, and just imagine kirsten dunst is a really hot mary jane

he's still peter parker

the "cool movie bro" would have responded with "only blue eyes for you" or some stupid movie shit,

nope peter parker, in full control of the situation, cannot even eek out a response.

we don't get a hollywood movie moment, we get a peter parker moment.

whereas in amazing spiderman, every moment is a hollywood moment

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Dude I've read plenty of Spider-Man comics. Tobey barely manages the always making jokes angle, and the new guy excels at it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
OMG, I'm sorry I actually liked ASM2.

Yes, of the four Marvel comic movies to come out this year I would rank it as #4.

1) Guardians of the Galaxy
2) Captian America: The Winter Soldier
3) X-Men: Days of Future Past
4) Amazing Spider-Man 2

But it's also way better than most of the shit that came out this summer like Godzilla and Transformers.

The interaction between Peter/Gwen was spot on. The weak part again were the villains. I was way more interested in Harry Osborn than Electro and the Rhino is only a setup figure for further movies, which should have probably been an extra credit scene and not the last part of the real movie. The villains in the ASM movies are fairly disposable and you could care less about them. Still not as bad as SM3 villains though.

Yes I prefer Andrew Garfield to Toby McQuire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
Yes I prefer Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy and that story arc as compared to Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson.
Yes I prefer the action sequences from ASM/ASM2 to SM, SM2 and SM3.

So yes, I actually prefer ASM/ASM2 to the original Spider-Man films.
I actually watched AM2 this weekend. I didn't check it out in the theaters due to the reviews but i'm a big fan of the reboot so I tossed it in my Netflix DVD Queue. It wasn't that bad. Still leaps and bounds better than the Tobey SM's. To me the Spiderman scenes are just much closer to how I envision SM. The way he fights, the comic relief and one-liners. Honestly, the only part of the new SM's that is so bad is the dialogue. It's comparable to George Lucas attempt to write the love dialogues in the prequels. I think SM is spot on but Peter Parker is a little off.

I think the people are taking the positive reviews out of context. It isn't that people who like these films are placing them on the same level with The Avengers or Ironman it's just that they are so much better than the Tobey SM's. I like them but they are a long way from IM, GoTG, and Avengers.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the people are taking the positive reviews out of context. It isn't that people who like these films are placing them on the same level with The Avengers or Ironman it's just that they are so much better than the Tobey SM's. I like them but they are a long way from IM, GoTG, and Avengers.
No, no one is confused that for some reason people think these turds are better than the 2 excellent Spider-Man movies they made before. ASM1 is, if you are very generous, on par with Spider-MAN 3. ASM2 is a bit better than that.

"The only problem is the dialogue"

Yeah, but the words characters speak in a movie are not very important I guess.

Arakkis

N00b
Yeah but did you see how computer Spider-Man jumped around in slow motion and punched things? Who needs dialogue when you have silly comic relief voiced over a completely computer generated character? I mean it's not like we are using bad George Lucas ideas here.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
Uh no, Tobey's SM1 and 2 completely destroyed ASM. This movie was such a mess that it makes SM3 look pretty decent. So no, you're wrong.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Uh no, Tobey's SM1 and 2 completely destroyed ASM. This movie was such a mess that it makes SM3 look pretty decent. So no, you're wrong.
You got me.... you must like Star Wars prequels as well. It doesn't really matter though... it's all subjective.

rrr_img_77147.jpg

rrr_img_77149.jpg