Amazon Prime Day - July 15th

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
15% warehouse items is good. Other than that and 1 or 2 other things seems more like a promotion for prime than a sale.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Deals are crap, but Prime is the shit, 2 day shipping? come on, it's awesome.

Here's a tip for you guys if you still have your old college account or you're in college or you know a relative (there were work arounds online using forwarding service with a .edu extension but those have been plugged up) you get prime for 50% off for 4 years (obviously thinking you're gonna graduate in 4 years).

I mean really, i don't want to drive out 10mins then 10mins back to pick up a damn usb cable, when in 2 days my mailman can bring it to me.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Their site is fucking unusable if you don't buy into this prime shit.
Prime used to be pretty amazing with guaranteed next day delivery if you ordered before 5pm or something. Now it's just "guaranteed to be delivered the day after we dispatch it".

Column_sl

shitlord
Actually, 15% off all Wharehouse deals is fucking amazing.

Took almost 100 dollars off a monitor I was eyeing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty disappointing so far.

Not sure what I was expecting, but this is really just standard deal of the day type stuff -- just with 100x more bullshit items to scroll through.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Scrolling through all the shit sucks but some decent deals for buying toys from my 9 month old. The layout of the deals and future deals is not that great

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Someone on Slickdeals brought up a good point that this prime day bullshit (with all the matching sites as well) is probably just another attempt at getting people to spend money needlessly during the slow summer months

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Was going to get a Tiptoi starter set for my kid's birthday in two weeks. Of course 100% reserved when I found it. Waiting list, work on coworker's computer for 10 minutes, come back, list popped up and gone again -.-

Got a nice deal on a 240 pack of diapers because they had an added bonus on their recurring delivery thingamabob. Pampers for the price of discount diapers, not going to turn that down.

Almost want to buy a Kindle Fire but 7" looks so tiny and the larger models are too expensive for something I don't really "need" right now. 79? (or 109? for the 16GB) is pretty tempting though.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone on Slickdeals brought up a good point that this prime day bullshit (with all the matching sites as well) is probably just another attempt at getting people to spend money needlessly during the slow summer months
You had to wait and read that on slickdeals to become aware of that?

That's what sales are for.

If this is supposed to be better than black Friday deals I would hate to see the black Friday deals.

/yawn

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I figured this was more to drive people to pick up Prime prior to the sale starting "so you don't miss out on the awesome deals!" or something.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wouldn't be too upset about it. I've had Prime for 5 or 6 years now and I find it's absolutely worthwhile.

Just because this sale sucks doesn't mean Prime does too.

Also, that MyPillow isn't one of the good ones. It sounds like it's basically a standard pillow, something they had released prior to the good ones.