Amazon Prime Video Thread

Oldbased

> Than U
Eventually, Amazon Prime Video will be a separate service altogether. The free Shipping service will probably dip down in price a small bit and still offer shows with Ads. Prime Video will have its own plan, completely separate - that will cost the same as it does now without the other services offered by the package.

On one hand, yes this is Goblins being fucking Goblins. On the other hand, theyve blown their load in the last few years with shows like Rings of Power costing almost half a billion dollars to record, the IP rights itself, Wheel of time costing 80 million, then the IP itself, and every other massive fucking dildo flop that they mishandled the rights too. What we're really doing is paying for their fuck ups.
Sadly their first test of all this was with Amazon Music. When they pushed the "HD" it fucked up all plans and we dropped it after they started wanting like $6 for just one device.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Eventually, Amazon Prime Video will be a separate service altogether. The free Shipping service will probably dip down in price a small bit and still offer shows with Ads. Prime Video will have its own plan, completely separate - that will cost the same as it does now without the other services offered by the package.
They will just do what they are doing now. Add ads and then charge for ad-free. Then when prices bump up again, they'll probably bump both up. Suddenly that 3 dollar ad-free is 5 bucks.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You sure about that?
Walmart 99% of the time same day delivers items without any cost/tip needed.
They just forward the orders to door dashers even though it is 2 day shipping.
Amazon however still fails to deliver on time for most shit on the 1 and 2 day deliveries.
Like if I place an order for cat food/litter on site not store pickup or Walmart+ just a 2 day delivery. It shows up an hour later most of the time.
amazon for me has stopped delivering on weekends (idk when this happened)
like if i order early morning friday, i'll get it sat, but if i order friday afternoon(and anytime after), it'll goto monday, heck even some items i order on thurs will goto monday delivery, and i'm 30m away from the nashville hub

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
amazon for me has stopped delivering on weekends (idk when this happened)
like if i order early morning friday, i'll get it sat, but if i order friday afternoon(and anytime after), it'll goto monday, heck even some items i order on thurs will goto monday delivery, and i'm 30m away from the nashville hub
Some locations were, or are, using USPS to deliver on the weekends - at least when the local office is USPS ran (as you can own and run a private USPS office). If your local office isnt privately ran (which does indeed effect delivery of amazon on the weekends), then I would wager distribution at the local warehouse (if there is one for you) has ran into a staffing issue or a lack of packages between all the routes.

Another problem, and I only thought of it after I replied - the Supreme Court has submitted to the USPS worker's claim that he should have Christian religious freedom on Sunday's recently. So basically, any worker hired before that point of time can claim religious freedoms on Sunday. Now that that has passed, the USPS has to post what days you are required to work instead of "Anytime we need you" kind of thing. If no days are given, then its assumed that you can take your Sunday off. This was a big deal, because every right wing person I knew at my buddies office was like "they'll never pass it - they hate white people and hate Christians more." Proved them wrong, and theyre taking advantage of it. But my buddy has enough employees that want the hours, so it doesnt bother him. (Ie. If your office all said "we aint working on Sundays" could be an issue with delivery.)

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
Postal here still delivering on weekends inc Sunday and sometimes FedEx now too. UPS is like nah, we work 5 days a week maybe.

Just told Shelly our rent went up $150 a month that I am fully covering so nothing changes for her. Now $850 a month for a 3bedroom 2 bathroom house in an area where 1 bedroom apartments go for $750 and first rental increase in 7 years and she started throwing shit all around the house saying she is leaving, even though I am covering the increase. Sadly I need her $700 a month contribution to the bills. She is as insane as it sounds so that is a plus but going to be a bitch to find a place to live on $750 budget rent with utilities.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Postal here still delivering on weekends inc Sunday and sometimes FedEx now too. UPS is like nah, we work 5 days a week maybe.

Just told Shelly our rent went up $150 a month that I am fully covering so nothing changes for her. Now $850 a month for a 3bedroom 2 bathroom house in an area where 1 bedroom apartments go for $750 and first rental increase in 7 years and she started throwing shit all around the house saying she is leaving, even though I am covering the increase. Sadly I need her $700 a month contribution to the bills. She is as insane as it sounds so that is a plus but going to be a bitch to find a place to live on $750 budget rent with utilities.
solution:
charge cats rent

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The fuck they don't. Anything > $35 is free shipping. I don't have Walmart+. It says it is 1 day delivery but if I placed this order, it would likely show up in about an hour.
View attachment 491938
View attachment 491939
It's so odd it isn't a thing where you live. Walmart is fairly universal in policy in the states I've been in/traveled through.

But ya, even though it says Fedex/UPS ( notice no USPS like Amazon ) if it is a stock item they just pass up that cost and send it to the local delivery people instead. Unlike Petsmart and other's "free" same day shipping, no way to tip the driver where as others cram it on you.
All that said, it is almost impossible to beat Petsmart on prices since you get 35% off all new autoships and you just simply remove it after ordering and get 35% again. Even with their marked up prices it is still 20% under Walmart/Amazon 99% of the time and although Petsmart needs $50 for free shipping and says 3-7 business days, it comes FedEX and usually overnighted.

Amazon had their own delivery trucks and people for about 6 months last year and it was a disaster of joggers. Quietly went back to USPS months ago.
Ok, I figured the difference out. I use walmart delivery for grocery items only. It looks like they do offer free shipping for other stuff. Nice to know if I ever want to get something else there that's an option. I tend to look for very specific items, which is not Walmart's strong suit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Ok, I figured the difference out. I use walmart delivery for grocery items only. It looks like they do offer free shipping for other stuff. Nice to know if I ever want to get something else there that's an option. I tend to look for very specific items, which is not Walmart's strong suit.
That makes sense as all food stuff I just do pickup orders. Pull up, they load I leave. Never go into the stores of hell.
Most things I order are cat food/litter/flea meds online but they yank it off shelves locally and pass it to the delivery services because even paying them $5 on $35 of shit is cheaper than warehouse boxing and fedexing it.

Fun fact. They have a minimal order on pickup too but if you add any food item it becomes free. So I could schedule a 2 liter of soda and it's free but if I plae an order for $34 in beer for pickup, it's like $5 unless over $35.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just the plus model. Has 4gb ram, wireless charging and soft touch frame. So wireless and 1gb more ram and velvet backing. Think that is the only difference between them $60 more. Like I said I got it for $38. Going to try and repeat this year again with the one I got for Shelly 5 years ago.
I have 3 8" and 2 7" old models too I never use.
The newest one is the Fire HD 11"MAX but I don't think it has wireless charging.
Noticed lots of the new phones don't either.

Max has a slightly larger screen, bumped up resolution and better speakers and I think 2 of the octa cores are boosted a bit more.
My G91 Max phone still beats them in camera and octa score though and it is going on 2 years old. Nice phone for $100.
just nabbed a plus cuz of amazon sale and trade in

mine seems to have an issue w/ wireless charging, was there some setting you turn on? it just blinks and blinks

i tried it on 3 different wireless qi

so since that was a wash i'm gonna return it and get me the fire 11 and check that out.

Oldbased

> Than U
just nabbed a plus cuz of amazon sale and trade in

mine seems to have an issue w/ wireless charging, was there some setting you turn on? it just blinks and blinks

i tried it on 3 different wireless qi

so since that was a wash i'm gonna return it and get me the fire 11 and check that out.
I have a Anker QI stand made for phones and it charges on it fine but currently I have it mounted on a swivel now by bed with USB C plugged in for over a month nonstop showing cams. I can monitor that port and it uses .06a 5v when screen is off to stay at 100% and .6amp 5v ( 3 watts ) when screen is on to keep tapped to 100% so it is never hitting even 99% when I leave it on days. I know some people had issues with wireless in some models which is just a copper spun conductive slightly magnetic core so you may just have a faulty one. Even if the QI wireless is incompatible it should still default to 5 watt mode.

Sadly we had about 2-3 years where all good phones/tablets had wireless charging and the past year or two none do.
I don't know why.
I insist on wireless after my Samsung USB C caught fire and Samsung refused to fix it. Thankfully I was able to order a whole new circuit board with tools for that phone model on Amazon for $15. Phone works and charges but I moved on to the Blu G91pro during that whole mess and it has wireless charging but a year+ later the USB C on it still works fine.

Fun fact, when I sent my Samsung phone to them they required once they received it a phone number. They told me this through EMAIL. I was like you have my phone, the only number I have is it. No need for a house line with a unlimited cell. So they sent it back the first time because I didn't have a number to contact me with while fixing my phone which is what my number was. Total clown world.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have a Anker QI stand made for phones and it charges on it fine but currently I have it mounted on a swivel now by bed with USB C plugged in for over a month nonstop showing cams. I can monitor that port and it uses .06a 5v when screen is off to stay at 100% and .6amp 5v ( 3 watts ) when screen is on to keep tapped to 100% so it is never hitting even 99% when I leave it on days. I know some people had issues with wireless in some models which is just a copper spun conductive slightly magnetic core so you may just have a faulty one. Even if the QI wireless is incompatible it should still default to 5 watt mode.

Sadly we had about 2-3 years where all good phones/tablets had wireless charging and the past year or two none do.
I don't know why.
I insist on wireless after my Samsung USB C caught fire and Samsung refused to fix it. Thankfully I was able to order a whole new circuit board with tools for that phone model on Amazon for $15. Phone works and charges but I moved on to the Blu G91pro during that whole mess and it has wireless charging but a year+ later the USB C on it still works fine.

Fun fact, when I sent my Samsung phone to them they required once they received it a phone number. They told me this through EMAIL. I was like you have my phone, the only number I have is it. No need for a house line with a unlimited cell. So they sent it back the first time because I didn't have a number to contact me with while fixing my phone which is what my number was. Total clown world.
yea i got an anker qi also, this is the only device i got that fails at wireless charging

Oldbased

> Than U
yea i got an anker qi also, this is the only device i got that fails at wireless charging
Honestly I would seek replacement. Mine picked it up just fine turned the right way( side to side and right side down on the angled holder ) despite being much larger than the Anker stand which was made for phones but worked fine this way. Both of mine are Anker 313. Pad and Stand. Works on both fine.