Amazon Prime Video Thread

Goatface

didn't see thread for prime video stuff

Amazon is set to introduce adverts to its Prime Video streaming service in 2024 as it seeks to put more cash into creating TV shows and films.
UK Prime customers, along with those in the US, Germany and Canada, will see ads early next year unless they subscribe for an "ad-free" option at an additional cost.
In a statement, Amazon said Prime Video still offered "very compelling value".
It follows similar moves by rivals including Disney+ and Netflix.
Amazon said that the ads would be introduced across France, Italy, Spain, Mexico and Australia later in 2024.
It will roll out the "ad-free" subscription tier for an extra $2.99 (£2.44) per month for Prime subscribers in the United States.

Pricing for other countries will be announced at a later date, Amazon said.
At the moment, a Prime subscription, which includes free one-day delivery on goods as well as access to its streaming service, costs £8.99 per month, or £95 a year, in the UK.
"To continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time, starting in 2024, Prime Video shows and movies will include limited advertisements in the UK," Amazon said.

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

Amazon is set to introduce adverts to its Prime Video streaming service in 2024 as it seeks to put more cash into creating TV shows and films.
UK Prime customers, along with those in the US, Germany and Canada, will see ads early next year unless they subscribe for an "ad-free" option at an additional cost.
Amazon said that the ads would be introduced across France, Italy, Spain, Mexico and Australia later in 2024.
It will roll out the "ad-free" subscription tier for an extra $2.99 (£2.44) per month for Prime subscribers in the United States.

At the moment, a Prime subscription, which includes free one-day delivery on goods as well as access to its streaming service, costs £8.99 per month, or £95 a year, in the UK.
"To continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time, starting in 2024, Prime Video shows and movies will include limited advertisements in the UK," Amazon said.
Frustrated Jason Segel GIF by NETFLIX

Goddammit, these ass-clowns just... for fucks sake.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I watch a bunch of free with ads shit on Prime anyway, no big deal here.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I watch a bunch of free with ads shit on Prime anyway, no big deal here.
I don't disagree, I just... goddammit I hate commercials. I hate the format, I hate the smarminess, I hate the pretentiousness, I hate the interruption, but mostly I hate the fucking repetition. Soon they are going to be bringing back shows filmed and edited in a format that wraps around commercial breaks. Goddammit, they just keep making the same mistakes. New product, new format, new potential, and they make the same fucking mistakes.

I have first world problems.

Cry Crying GIF by POWERS

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I don't disagree, I just... goddammit I hate commercials. I hate the format, I hate the smarminess, I hate the pretentiousness, I hate the interruption, but mostly I hate the fucking repetition. Soon they are going to be bringing back shows filmed and edited in a format that wraps around commercial breaks. Goddammit, they just keep making the same mistakes. New product, new format, new potential, and they make the same fucking mistakes.

I have first world problems.

Cry Crying GIF by POWERS
Approve Pedro Pascal GIF by Nordisk Film Finland

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
So, they are going from not having anything worth watching to charging people more to have nothing worth watching? Smart idea.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I have access to Prime, but if they do this I will be:
season 4 starz GIF by Black Sails

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Every year I talk about finally canceling Prime. I don't care about the shipping anymore (generally don't need anything within 2 days, and even then, it's iffy if it gets sent on time nowadays anyway). Don't watch their videos cause it's all shit.

Honestly not sure why I still have it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Every year I talk about finally canceling Prime. I don't care about the shipping anymore (generally don't need anything within 2 days, and even then, it's iffy if it gets sent on time nowadays anyway). Don't watch their videos cause it's all shit.

I like free shipping on stuff I'm not in a hurry for, keeps my lazy ass from having to go to the store

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

do you use subscribe n save? or kindle?

theyre even really good w/ trade ins (i hate trade ins)
298aac2bf61492e4582562cc11f0e84c.png

but if you click on it, it'll look through your account to see if you bought something you can trade in, you'll get a varying credit (depending on whatever) but you'll get the nice 20% trade in coupon

and the trade in is free shipping of course, and if you decide that they aren't giving you back enough, they'll ship it back for free.

i traded in 2 smashed up tablets, just to get the 20%, i mean they were just in my closet in the "do i want to learn how to fix this screen and buy the new glass, etc..." pile, or get a 20% coupon on it.

i believe it's a prime only thing

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

I get multiple things delivered every month. That part will remain worthwhile for a while yet. I don't watch much on prime at all, though. So this will just push me to never watch anything on it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I get multiple things delivered every month. That part will remain worthwhile for a while yet. I don't watch much on prime at all, though. So this will just push me to never watch anything on it.
I don't think the majority of user's sub for Prime Video. I completely forget about it a lot of the time.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I don't think the majority of user's sub for Prime Video. I completely forget about it a lot of the time.
It will end up like all the other streaming services. Once you put ads in people drop you like a rock.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ads will always blow dick through a straw no matter the format, but I can't stand the double dip cable model. If I pay you for the service you can shove the ads squarely up your asshole.

If the service is free then my cost to watch it is the ads. If you want both then you are probably someone who needs to be "noticed" and given a free train ride.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like