Amazon stuff thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Google WiFi system, 3-Pack - Router replacement for whole home coverage (NLS-1304-25)

Just got this maybe my 2018 purchase of the year. Plugged directly into ONT and getting close to 1 gig wireless DL and UL.

I got fios giggity giggity.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Nice. I have a couple of the Ubiquiti access points(along with their router) and I love it.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Saw this on the Amazon Giveaways.

2899EC58-31E1-4CBF-8028-0BEFEACC86D0.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074Q3DGN5

The vagina suppositories are peach flavored.

57233C32-D16C-4DB7-B583-3C4507CC8CB0.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

It's very humid out here, and every other salt shaker I purchase (if it has any stainless in it) rust out after a month or two. Doesn't matter how much care you take, they always rust. So I wanted a plastic lid that seals so it keeps most of the moisture out. This works well, but it's a lot smaller than I expected. The only other one Amazon had listed looked like a grenade, though, so that's why I went with this one.

I saw that they re-released the old NES & SNES classic systems that were pre-loaded with a few games. I picked this up as a surprise for my wife. She played the SNES all the time as a child, where as my parents wouldn't allow me to have it. I'm sure I'll enjoy playing it too, and more than anything else, I'm hoping this gets my daughter (and eventually my son) more involved with video games. She has a hell of a time with joysticks, and the early Nintendo systems don't use them.

I have something similar in my car already, but one of the plugs and the USB connection work on a very intermittent level. So it was time to get a new one. I hope this one works much better.

And last but not least, my daughter uses headphones at school for "computer time". Every kid has one, and we already have a pair of these in her classroom, but now she needs a second pair for "special events" or some shit which will be kept in a separate location. Fortunately, these are only $15, but I like the volume restriction.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

It's very humid out here, and every other salt shaker I purchase (if it has any stainless in it) rust out after a month or two. Doesn't matter how much care you take, they always rust. So I wanted a plastic lid that seals so it keeps most of the moisture out. This works well, but it's a lot smaller than I expected. The only other one Amazon had listed looked like a grenade, though, so that's why I went with this one.

I saw that they re-released the old NES & SNES classic systems that were pre-loaded with a few games. I picked this up as a surprise for my wife. She played the SNES all the time as a child, where as my parents wouldn't allow me to have it. I'm sure I'll enjoy playing it too, and more than anything else, I'm hoping this gets my daughter (and eventually my son) more involved with video games. She has a hell of a time with joysticks, and the early Nintendo systems don't use them.

I have something similar in my car already, but one of the plugs and the USB connection work on a very intermittent level. So it was time to get a new one. I hope this one works much better.

And last but not least, my daughter uses headphones at school for "computer time". Every kid has one, and we already have a pair of these in her classroom, but now she needs a second pair for "special events" or some shit which will be kept in a separate location. Fortunately, these are only $15, but I like the volume restriction.
i bought Tupperware salt and pepper shakers for when i grill outside.
they have lids to keep out humidity.
x354-q80.jpg

i have these for inside
0e4efd144aa9ac61c22183eeff30ab25.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hmm, that's an idea. I'll see if I need to get something like that in the future.

As far as the plastic tupperware & the other salt/pepper shakers, I'll pass. I want something that at least looks higher quality, even if it doesn't change how it works. Plus, the solid color ones don't allow me to easily see what my current salt & pepper levels are.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I tried ubiquiti and it was utter shit for wifi coverage compared to my ancient netgear :/
I'm using these and they have been phenomenal. Far better than any of my previous router/wifi combos.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hmm, that's an idea. I'll see if I need to get something like that in the future.

As far as the plastic tupperware & the other salt/pepper shakers, I'll pass. I want something that at least looks higher quality, even if it doesn't change how it works. Plus, the solid color ones don't allow me to easily see what my current salt & pepper levels are.
the white ones are vintage, the small see through shakers i bought new about 8 years ago. both are great and will last forever. you can see how much salt/pepper is still in the white shakers by holding it up to the light.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
In theory, and we keep the rice in ours. But it's very humid out here, and the salt quickly becomes a brick. I have to smash it on the table to get little pieces to flake off. Now that it's covered, it only takes a few quick taps to make it usable.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
In theory, and we keep the rice in ours. But it's very humid out here, and the salt quickly becomes a brick. I have to smash it on the table to get little pieces to flake off. Now that it's covered, it only takes a few quick taps to make it usable.
maybe just buy kosher salt and grind it too?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Relevant so cross posting from ereader thread

So there is a new kindle Paperwhite. Waterproof, has Audible (have to use bluetooth I believe), whispersync. It starts at $130 with 8gb storage and special offers. You currently get 6 months of Kindle Unlimited for free when you order it (It launches November 7th, preorders atm).

You can return old kindles for a variable amount depending on type and condition. You'll get some amount (my 5th generation paperwhite from 2012 says ~$25) plus you get 25% off a new kindle purchase.

So I'm already paying for Kindle Unlimited, and I use it a pretty solid amount, and would continue paying for it anyways. So theoretically I can send my Kindle back and essentially pay $12.50 plus tax to upgrade. ($130 - 25% = $97.5 - $25 = $72.5 - $60 saved on kindle unlimited = $12.5)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have an old 2nd gen Kindle. I broke my old one, so I purchased one of the newer kindles. I really didn't like it. Something about the old one just feels proper in my hand. Plus, you can't go wrong with the leather case.

Anyway, I went on ebay and found a few others in the $25-30 range, so I bought another just to be safe. This old shit is great.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I love the Paperwhite, it's fucking amazing. Mines still holding strong after 6 years too. I'd like to have the whispersync/audible stuff on it though, that's why I'm going to upgrade (and that it's essentially free)

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Fuck Amazon for taking physical page turn buttons off their Kindles and only adding them to the fucking expensive models. I won't buy another e-reader that doesn't have physical buttons. I would rather have physical buttons than a touch screen. It's a fucking book, not a tablet.