Amazon stuff thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Relevant so cross posting from ereader thread

So there is a new kindle Paperwhite. Waterproof, has Audible (have to use bluetooth I believe), whispersync. It starts at $130 with 8gb storage and special offers. You currently get 6 months of Kindle Unlimited for free when you order it (It launches November 7th, preorders atm).

You can return old kindles for a variable amount depending on type and condition. You'll get some amount (my 5th generation paperwhite from 2012 says ~$25) plus you get 25% off a new kindle purchase.

So I'm already paying for Kindle Unlimited, and I use it a pretty solid amount, and would continue paying for it anyways. So theoretically I can send my Kindle back and essentially pay $12.50 plus tax to upgrade. ($130 - 25% = $97.5 - $25 = $72.5 - $60 saved on kindle unlimited = $12.5)

5bucks for my 2nd gen kindle? lulz

it's better off being as a device in my bugout bag, ha.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
120€ in germany and no trade-in or other offers that I have seen.

Been pussyfooting around a paperwhite for a while, have a 4th gen regular kindle and the main drawback is no light. I did buy one to clip ob top but that shit is shit.

I'll keep an eye out for black friday or other special offers and maybe get me one for christmas. My older daughter started school a few weeks ago so maybe she'll be into reading... I can hand down my 4th gen which is still like new.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Hey Lanx Lanx - Help me find salt-free ranch & au jus mix/powder, please. Oh great wizard of the Amazon....
giphy.gif

just use the drippings and add some cornstarch?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Lanx Lanx have you looked in to a humidifier + purifier combo? We like the one purifier for downstairs but are looking for something different for bedroom.

Air Purifier And Humidifier Combo For Home, 22Db| 7 Colors Night Hepa Air Purifiers 2 In 1 With Remote Control, Hepa Filter Air Cleaner Removing 99.99% Smokers Odor And Pollen For Bedroom https://a.co/d/iboEP5k

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Lanx Lanx have you looked in to a humidifier + purifier combo? We like the one purifier for downstairs but are looking for something different for bedroom.

Air Purifier And Humidifier Combo For Home, 22Db| 7 Colors Night Hepa Air Purifiers 2 In 1 With Remote Control, Hepa Filter Air Cleaner Removing 99.99% Smokers Odor And Pollen For Bedroom https://a.co/d/iboEP5k
nope, i have em separate, winix 5500 and some rando humidifier w/ a huge tank

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user