American Horror Story: Coven

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

judging by the name and by the clip im going to assume season 3 is going to be about witches, sexy witches, so yeah im down for that.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's been over 300 years since the Salem witch trials. Those who remain are almost extinct and in danger again. A school has opened in New Orleans to teach protection to the young. The long-absent Supreme arrives to also protect the new students and their secrets. The themes include witches, witch hunts, incest, minorities, slavery, mothers and daughters, and witchcraft versus voodoo. This season will be set in modern day and the 1830s.
When I heard Coven and Louisiana I was hoping for a Cthulhu witch cult but I don't think major TV is ready for that yet. The premise for this season doesn't seem as strong as the last couple but the blurb doesn't really give away a whole lot. Sounds like an evil Harry Potter school of witchcraft but they could take it in many different directions.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Those are some Syfy original movie quality special effects in the linked trailer. I hope the story isn't on the same level.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i hope we don't see any magic at all only "implied" magic, if i see flying broomsticks the first episode i'm out!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Every new comnercial i see makes me wonder if anne rice is getting ready to sue the shit out of this show. A family of witches in new orleans sounds kinda like The Witching Hour

Lina_sl

shitlord
Looks like Asylum> this so far.

Wait and see.

Of course I will watch, as I must judge and there's not much else to watch until Game of Thrones is back.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
For a second I thought this was a new Mark Borchardt movie.
rrr_img_43750.jpg

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
First two seasons of this worth watching? Only thing I've ever seen from this show is a video of a hot as shit maid someone linked me once.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The first season was very good until the end. It got kinda meh the last 2 or 3 episodes. Never saw the second season. But they aren't seasons in the normal sense, they are more like separate miniseries.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
first season started of shaky, it was a bunch of weird scenes to shock people, eventually the story kicked in and it tied everything together well at the end. second season same deal. though the show took some crazy left turns. i think i enjoyed it more than season one because the story kicked in earlier.

Caliane

hated the second season. Sexy witches is probably going to bring me back in.

I don't know if actual satan worshiping witches vs the push for nature witches that most others have been for awhile, and the like makes it more or less interesting.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah a few people on my FB didnt like the second season. one chick i know was completely terrified by season one and when she got to season two said it was "boring" and i never heard from her if she even finished it. i think people prefer that in your face crazy shit that jumps out of nowhere with the music sting over a well written story. i like my horror boring, so bring on season 3!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I didn't like S1 enough to finish it but kept tuning in every week on time to watch S2. I liked it much more.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah looks good. dunno why they did all those bullshit teaser promos. they dont give a very good sense of what you're getting to see. the first two seasons of AHS were quite insane, we already know what to expect from them. no need to artsy fartsy it up.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
s1 was great, s2 tried too hard, this season looks good, actually it looks like they just said "jessica lange, have fun". I think in s1, her role grew, in s2 they "tried" to make her role important, in this season i guess she's the queen, so i think it'll be good hopefully.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Super keen. S2 was pretty meh, but I love me some sexy witches, especially since they're looking more Warlock than The Craft.