American Horror Story: Coven

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, so naming her queenie was a small writer's error. No biggie, she shall remain precious on these boards. I watched the episode again with my wife and I must say that I think the music adds to the "Dark Witch" environment rather well. Now that the characters are introduced, I am looking forward to seeing their interactions with each other. The "No Holds Barred" attitude should be a lot of fun to watch.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i liked how they just spilled out everyone's powers in 1 table meeting to "get it all out there", instead of the "heroes" waiting 3eps "oh shit i can fly". let's break down what jessica lang supreme has
succubus powers
telekinesis
mind control/telepathy
potions? (she seemed to know her daughter was slipping her something weird)

it seems that she does not have clairvoyance since she relied on clairvoyant girl(i really don't want to call her handicapped girl thats wrong)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
everyone's powers are not out on the table yet. we have not seen what lang's daughter's powers can do. we dunno how Kathy Bates hibernated for 150 years under the soil in New Orleans. katrina must have really sucked for her.
smile.png

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
i liked how they just spilled out everyone's powers in 1 table meeting to "get it all out there", instead of the "heroes" waiting 3eps "oh shit i can fly". let's break down what jessica lang supreme has
succubus powers
telekinesis
mind control/telepathy
potions? (she seemed to know her daughter was slipping her something weird)

it seems that she does not have clairvoyance since she relied on clairvoyant girl(i really don't want to call her handicapped girl thats wrong)
I think they've intentionally left it pretty open still, like not defining exactly whether the Supreme aka. Lange has all of the powers, or just a shitload more than everyone else. The potion thing could easily have just been a good guess, for example.

I have a feeling we're going to see her daughter express her 'full potential' at some stage, which will be interesting.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think she just suspected that her daughter was slipping her a mickey. That was a great interaction and one of the reasons I think this show has good potential.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Young girl from previous seasons has the worst power ever. Who wants to bet she is actually a supreme by the end of the season?

They said one is born every generation didn't they?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah not taking that bet. Although it's a bit predictable, wouldn't surprise me if Precious or someone else ends up as supreme instead just to fuck with the viewers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
precious is either descended from the hoodoo woman who poisoned kathy bates or the white girl who fucked the slave.

kudos

<Banned>
I like how Precious grabs chicken in every single thing she is in.

This is much more interesting so far than last season.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
the white girl who fucked the slave.
I was a bit thrown about how the school's muscle had at least one mixed race dude (and certainly the guy who got the most camera time).

I dunno if he will turn out to be related to the above somehow (why would he, 1 great-great-great-etc.-grandparent of a different race won't show up much in looks), or if both Bates and Bassett will be killed off explicitly for being racist throwbacks.

And my god does this show need to do something with their credits. Knowing Kathy Bates, Lily Rabe, and Evan Peters are all series regulars makes their "death scenes" in the premiere utterly meaningless- all I was thinking of is how they come back (going with horribly burned wraith for Rabe and Cthulu possession for Peters).

kudos

<Banned>
I was a bit thrown about how the school's muscle had at least one mixed race dude (and certainly the guy who got the most camera time).

I dunno if he will turn out to be related to the above somehow (why would he, 1 great-great-great-etc.-grandparent of a different race won't show up much in looks), or if both Bates and Bassett will be killed off explicitly for being racist throwbacks.

And my god does this show need to do something with their credits. Knowing Kathy Bates, Lily Rabe, and Evan Peters are all series regulars makes their "death scenes" in the premiere utterly meaningless- all I was thinking of is how they come back (going with horribly burned wraith for Rabe and Cthulu possession for Peters).
You sure he's mixed and not albino-african?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am liking this show a lot so far. It is plenty dark enough and the characters are well done. It amazes me just how close to R rated they get without apparently crossing the line that HBO and channels like it can cross.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
seemed to slow down, but i think that's cuz we got SO much from the first eps, still a good one. I like how supreme's version of catholic nun's ruler is just to wtf, hit the wall. so from what i'm seeing, angela bassett (black witch, maybe supreme?) is saying a great black slave witch is the source of american witches blood? (kinda wasn't paying full attention)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Kathy Bates acted her ass off that episode, im really enjoying this season. those 2 dizzies making a frankenstein monster was hilarious. also this show is pretty racist and its awesome.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Surprised nobody commenting on this episode.

At this point the show needs to change its name to Coven: Taboo. Incest, bestiality...well a minotaur, pretty much means a no limit to what this show will suggest. I get the feeling the witch does not stay dead, but it made for a "Ok I did not see that coming" moment, so I liked it. I am waiting for "Miss Stevie Nicks" to go off on somebody. Yes she killed the croc hunters, but I mean in a more direct way. I am guessing that will be how the new supreme gets revived.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Did they really just kill half the girls in the school by the 3rd episode? Every character going to be a zombie midway through the season at this point.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that was some wtf. i cant imagine slutwitch will stay dead and precious is likely still alive because a black man, even a half minotaur half black man cant resist a fat chick. however, i didnt expect kyle's mom to be a creepy child molester. not sure if the plantwitch is being held captive by the hoodoo woman or was let go.