American Horror Story: Coven

Caliane

I dont really even know what to make of that.

we start with a silly reenactment finally telling us exactly what the 7 wonders are. like right out of Bioshock reels. No clue why they felt this 1920's silent picture reels would be the best way to show them..

this is a bit lame. as the 7 wonders are outright asserted to be dangerous , difficult, and the pinnacles of witchcraft. but at the same time, they are of course the same powers all the girls have been manifesting just naturally. TK, mindcontrol(concilium), teleportation(transmutation),Divination, give/take life(vita valis), spirit projection(descedum), pyrokinesis.
So whats the deal?

This is taken even further in now, all the girls are just spamming new skills left and right. no "one or two" powers as they mature. nah, they all have like 5 at least. Zoe has come back and apparently gone crazy like the rest.

The only one that has shown divination is Cordelia though right? that strikes me as odd as well. if that is a wonder. even Fiona never showed that has she?
They do make it clear Cordelia has been repressing her own powers. Being blind didn't give her the powerup. she always had it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if you caught it quickly, when the axe man assaults them, cordilia is also one of the witches that tk push him back. (along with zoe/precious/daisy/MM) (you see 5 palms out)

hell let's see the powers that we know other witches don't have or are unique.

first one is obviously nan, she was the only clairvoyant, as showed when she's the only one that hears others thoughts, can hear a baby through a babyproof box and it seemed like fiona was seeing her "develop" her power when nan found kathy bates in eps2

zoe's blackwidow vagina, nope now that she has frankenkyle... it's never explored or even remotely explained

these two powers are not part of the 7.

then i guess ironically the skill that cordelia is good at, herbalist? isn't part of the 7 either.

neither is just straight out book magic.

trying to make sense of this, i'm guessing the 7 wonders are the main powers, and other magics are subsets or a combination of them?

i mean this show moves so fast, it's hard to really see how all over the place everything is.

i mean all this time, chemo-weak fiona had the supreme power to take down a warren buffet corporation almost single handedly. which i guess is like a super powerful organization that's been hunting witches for centuries and she just sends a rat through a cage and let's her ghostman loose.

i mean if this organization was the coven's biggest threat, then she did more than any supreme ever did in 1 evening.

so much that ppl ignore the fact that she killed the old supreme, she facilitated mrytles burning by fire by mind controlling (or just manipulating) precious' mind. she slits the throat of MM, and she drowns nan.

right now the coven is super powerful, there's no more 3-way battle for them to fight. the black witches were 99% wiped out by hank, and angella basset has lost her immortality and dead, so black witches are gone. fiona took care of the witch hunters, so now it's just the coven.

let's first examine everyone brought back from the dead

daisy (by herself? then by precious)
mm (by daisy)
kyle (by mm?/book/zoe?/daisy?) (later "fixed" by fiona)
precious (by fiona when minotaur attacked them)
myrtle (by daisy)

going with that, let's examine hell, why is kathy's bates kids in hell? for all intents and purposes they were just spoiled rich kids, practically innocent.

kathy bates said she only killed 67(i think that's what she said) i mean compared to the 1 baby a year angela basset had to kill? thats like over 300 babies (or does her sacrifice change? i think it get's worse? idk i forget).

why does kathy bates suffer while angela basset does the torturing? no matter how you look at it, if you were stuck in hell, you'd rather be outside the cage than inside!

i don't think we can make sense of it, we can't, i don't think the writers even know what's happening

next week is the last episode, so fuck it, let's just wrap it up, can't make no sense of anything.

oh wanted to add the bioshock beginning was awesome, the piece played was
Chopin Piano Nocturne in Ebm (i'm not classical or anything, i had to find out what it was called also reminded me of eps75 hikaru no go)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Holy shit. They really jumped the shark this week.
So there's one episode left, people have been trying to kill Fiona since day one, and when she finally eats it, that's jumping the shark?

The show is gonna end with all the witches attempting the 7 wonders, someone is gonna lose control and the entire coven is going to be wiped out. The finale to Fiona's legacy, the coven destroying itself.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
So there's one episode left, people have been trying to kill Fiona since day one, and when she finally eats it, that's jumping the shark?
I suspect she's not really dead. But if she is, the writers are fucking stupid. Real bright having her turn her back to a serial killer while dumping his ass.

This show has been flopping around like a fish.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I suspect she's not really dead.
Wife and I both thought she wasn't really dead. We think she could have implanted those memories into the axe man's head for cordellia to read.

i liked the opening, and given the speculation on the 7 wonders we've done here, I thought more people would like it. My only issue with it is why did they make it so obviously fake? I mean, these were supposed to be real witches, so why not go ahead and edit that film together so the edits weren't obvious?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It was an oldschool instructional video, not real film of past witches performing them.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Only one that has done Descedum has been Queenie I believe. Papa Legba left her in Hell to see if she would get back. Unless you claim that the calling of Papa in pulling the caster into his realm vs him coming into the caster? I wouldn't be shocked if she end up being the next Supreme and telling the rest to F-off! Her one ability to do a form of Transference (VooDoo doll) would help with the 7th wonder of fire, just push it off to another person she hated. That is if they are meaning being set on fire vs conjuring fire. The film was semi misleading if that is the case.

Isnt Zoe's little life taking trick possibly Vita Valis? At the least a form of it. Interesting they haven't done much to explain it or bring it up.

Many of them getting more powers, Cordelia explained to Hollywood that in the time of crisis, all witches powers spike within the coven.

As for the others doing Descedum, wonder if we will see Nan messing with them since she is with Papa Legba, since the Drowning. That is if the plane world is Hell many of them jump to. I know she didn't like Hollywood at all and was turning against Zoe near the end due to grief over the BF death.

seven-wonders-ahs.gif

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
lack luster final eps...
Agreed.

I binged this show over the weekend. Season one was really good. Season two sucked balls. Season three falls in between somewhere. It was more coherent than season two; less extraneous tropes that went nowhere, but there were still a couple here and there. The finale though... it was boring.

I read that next season will be taking place in the year 1950, and Jessica Lange will have a reduced role. Kathy Bates and Angela Basset will be back though, so that's cool. The showrunner dude said that hints of what the series will be based on can be figured out by looking at what happened in 1950. Wikipedia's entry on that year shows a shitload of communists being arrested/imprisoned, so that's probably got something to do with it. I'm guessing it'll spies, the CIA, KGB, and the supernatural element will probably psychics. Maybe they'll bring back the aliens from season 2 and actually do something interesting with them.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Agreed.

I binged this show over the weekend. Season one was really good. Season two sucked balls. Season three falls in between somewhere. It was more coherent than season two; less extraneous tropes that went nowhere, but there were still a couple here and there. The finale though... it was boring.

I read that next season will be taking place in the year 1950, and Jessica Lange will have a reduced role. Kathy Bates and Angela Basset will be back though, so that's cool. The showrunner dude said that hints of what the series will be based on can be figured out by looking at what happened in 1950. Wikipedia's entry on that year shows a shitload of communists being arrested/imprisoned, so that's probably got something to do with it. I'm guessing it'll spies, the CIA, KGB, and the supernatural element will probably psychics. Maybe they'll bring back the aliens from season 2 and actually do something interesting with them.
I read it differently I guess. I read that Lange will be working on her German accent. If that is the case, in the 50's, I would guess, a big guess, that she is a former Nazi guard in a concentration camp and it will have a lot to do with the holocaust and the horrors of that time period.

And this last season and the finale was horrible. I was hoping for an alternate ending. Where Fiona kills her daughter at the last minute, which also kills the supreme, and the next shot would be her walking into the room, as a young Fiona saying, "Alright witch bitches... Lets find out who the next supreme might be" to her "council" to resounding shrieks of horror as spalding comes out of the closet with a revived Madison being walked in with Duct Tape on her mouth and a chain leash around her neck.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Rumor I have been hearing on the next season has to do with a Carnival? I am not sure on the source that I have been hearing this from, seems to be pure speculation. This was the rumor before I heard about the German accent and 1950's theme circulating around now.

Caliane

Rumor I have been hearing on the next season has to do with a Carnival? I am not sure on the source that I have been hearing this from, seems to be pure speculation. This was the rumor before I heard about the German accent and 1950's theme circulating around now.
?!
rrr_img_58651.jpg