American Horror Story: Coven

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this was discussed in the show. the hoodoo woman claims that jessica lange's witchcraft is a joke because its just re-purposed hoodoo magic for honkies or something which has its roots in africa or haiti or whatever she says. i imagine there are really only 2 kinds of magic, the natural kind you can do with your mind and the shit you need to make sacrifices and swirl in a cauldron with eye of newt to get results for.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The baby scene was interesting. On one side it seems like a scene that just does not fit into the story at all. Then I remembered that the baby was a girl. Maybe it was a future witch she brought back? The chainsaw was just funny. It worked well enough.

I am growing concerned that witches do not appear to stay dead in this series. I have a feeling that even the actress will come back at some point, though the scene with the butler ripping her arm off was kind of funny.

Anybody else getting a "Stevie Nicks is going to go against the Coven" vibe? I just feel a war brewing on 2 different fronts.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Same. I don't like the way Jessica Lang is acting. I realize that's her part, but she's so fucking selfish.

Looking forward to see what Violet? Lilly? whatever the hell her name is, has in store for us later.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
zoey(violet was her s1 name... i think?) went from a nothing 6eps character, to fucking take charge zombie slayer. too bad it's the white girl leading the minorities, i mean she's the new girl, but once the other white girl get's killed, she takes charge of the mentally retarded one and the super obsese black one. like those two ain't got senority, also... her new power is like...

a diving rod? you know like in the cartoons when they want to find water they hold a "Y" stick and look for water, she seemed to find just the right book/spell.

any other new powers we missed? aside from fiona gaining clairvoyance/telepathy, i guess that could be explained that she's getting more powerful or the chemo is fucking up her powers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the blind chick has second sight and some kind of Dead Zone thing going on too. seems the house servant has a mind blocking ability as well. best part is when frankenblond smashes that fucking tape deck playing the stevie knicks. and the rez chick says, you killed stevie! they need to rein that shit in a bit, she is using her rezzes on more people than an epiced eq cleric at an AoW zerg raid.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the blind chick has second sight and some kind of Dead Zone thing going on too. seems the house servant has a mind blocking ability as well. best part is when frankenblond smashes that fucking tape deck playing the stevie knicks. and the rez chick says, you killed stevie! they need to rein that shit in a bit, she is using her rezzes on more people than an epiced eq cleric at an AoW zerg raid.
i'm wondering about rez chick, she didn't want to rez madison, she had too much "death" in her, and her body was too much rot (whatever she said). then she said ok, but asked zoe for help to push that death out of her. Does anyone think zoe has rez powers too (but doesn't know it, can't control it) and they basically did a combined res. i mean madison seemed pretty ok, for a dead chick, at least she can answer questions and speak in full sentences, as opposed to frankenkyle who just does frankenstuff. (he is made up of other body parts tho, maybe it's all confusing)

i don't think butler has mind blocking, i think he just knows how to defeat some witch stuff, i mean he was smart enough to know that he couldn't tell a lie, so cut off the tongue.

i think it was like how they tell you to beat the lie detector test, answer the question with a question in your mind like

administrator: did you kill bob?

you: (as yourself this question in your mind "is santa clause real")
you: no

of course translated in a way that he could beat a telepath.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I kind of got the feeling that Stevie Nicks witch could not actually revive Madison, while Zoey did unbeknownst to her.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
That scene with them looking for the spellbook and it flipping over to the right page and all of them chanting out of it gave me a bit of a Charmed flashback, felt really out of sync compared to the general tone of the series. So did having a fucking ouija board. Otherwise it's a decent episode.

What's really interesting is that it seems voodoo lady has been gunning for the witches this whole time even while the truce was still in place.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i didn't really care for this eps, felt kinda boring to me, love story between fiona and ghost seemed forced, i pretty much hate every scene with frankenkyle. but then they're throwing in all these twists, blind girl is like, yea we gotta kill mom, zoey's like i can magi-sew a tongue back, no big deal, oh and i'll straight up murder the butler too, and after murdering the butler (which i guess isn't a bad play since the plan is to kill fiona and he's the undying supporter)she can finally have that threesome she's always wanted, since madison is the only one who can calm frankenkyle down cuz i guess she speaks dead ppl, and frankenkyle is the only one who can negate her blackwidow power... and probably ghost jazz guy. man they're just throwing in a lot of shit, not to mention precious going back to black, which i don't get it seemed like the racism was in precious' head or her own inadequcies about being super fat and black, heck she didn't even grown up new orleans she said she was from detroit. kathy bates still hella funny, hope she still is after being caged up, one of the best parts of the show is watching kathy bates. next eps is gonna awesome, seemed like that's when the war starts.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I hope we see that demon with wings looking creepy ass thing we see in the forest in the opening every episode. Summon that mofo and it's game over.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
kathy bates is so awesome, i hope they get her back next season and she replaces jessica lange when she retires. this week's was alright. not zombie mayhem but it had some subtle game of thrones style betrayals. best part is bates and precious ordering in the drivethru

Caliane

yeap. sounds like the demon will show up, too.

Didnt really expect the witches and voodoo to team up. I'm sure they will still betray each other though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Did precious survive her gun shot to the stomach? I know she still had the power to kill the guy, but die she tap out after that, or is she still around?

If so, that leaves 1.5 voodoo people left. Main bitch and 1/2 in the form of precious.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
pretty sure precious is dead, unless deus ex stevie nicks brings her back. you can mutilate yourself but when you blow the back of your head out your brains are still going to be splattered on a wall at the end of the day. i hope they bring back the jazzman, i liked him. at least frankenkyle stopped being frankenkyle though now is just a straight up witchcraft zombie (not a romero zombie). a lot of stuff happened that episode, still was pretty decent. it sucks that all the cool shows are off til next year. what the fuck am i going to watch til then?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Every time she does something to herself that causes damage to someone else, she's never hurt. Like she cuts her neck but she doesn't bleed at all, the bad person does.

I'm pretty sure the same holds true for bullets.