American Hustle

Szlia

JLaw obviously.

rrr_img_53941.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You know what I didn't like about this movie?

They wrapped up the ending in this quick and easy "everything turned out alright for everyone" bow.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This movie was incredibly boring. The pacing was terrible, the plot was thin, they did a terrible job creating any kind of attachment to any of the characters. It was hard to stay awake for the full 2+ hours this movie was running. The worst part for me though was that there was absolutely no tension in the film at all.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
This movie was basically a 1.5 hour yawn fest with an interesting last 15-30 minutes due to a cool "twist". Unfortunately there is no build-up and no tension-- they basically slip in a fact at the end that redefines the word "hustle" in the context of the movie. It's one of those things that when done right can have you re-evaluate your opinion of a film, but in this case it's too little too late.

To be fair, I'd probably give it a far higher rating if I had watched it at home instead of the theater, as I have a greater tolerance for a slow movie on the couch, but I found myself constantly staring at my watch in the theater..

P.S: If your GF is currently pissed off at you, DO NOT see this movie with her. Two of the female leads moan about their relationships and what their man doesn't give them, and out of the corner of my eye I could constantly see my GF nod her head each time one of the chicks on screen spewed venom about how horribad their man was.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
glad i read some of these posts. was planning on seeing this movie this weekend, but maybe i'll check out "wolf of wall street" instead.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a pretty good movie, I'm a little surprised at the board's attention span regarding this one

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I liked it. Would watch again just to see the comb over scene again

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What did you guys like about this movie? It's so terribly written in my opinion. There is no suspense, no tension, no action. It's not even a popcorn flick because there is literally nothing that happens in this movie.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I loved the characters. The nasty unattractive con man who manages to bang hotties. The overzealous cop who's in way over his head. The fucking bonkers wife. The mayor who actually loves his constituency so much that he wold break the law.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
What did you guys like about this movie? It's so terribly written in my opinion. There is no suspense, no tension, no action. It's not even a popcorn flick because there is literally nothing that happens in this movie.
The acting was phenomenal and it was hilarious.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Acting was 10/10. The concept of everyone being a con. Tension was awesome after he was first caught. Whoever didn't like it your opinion is wrong.

Feien

Ploppers
As a Con movie, I don't think it was all that great. Having said that, the characters were beautifully written. The acting is top notch, and the fucking Ice Fishing story...