American Hustle

Sterling

El Presidente
This film was too hyped.

Good acting, but I couldn't care less about the characters and what happened to them. Well, except for the mayor.
Otherwise, everyone was a low life deserving of whatever happened to them.
Yeah, the characters are somewhat interesting but I never felt bad when bad things were happening to them.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Biggest disappointment of the entire movie is that we didn't get to see either of the chicks get banged. You got Tits McGee poppin' out of her shirt the entire fuckin' movie and we never get to see em? Cmon. Tassles in the beginning didn't count. Meanwhile we get an eyeful of Bale's gut and bad hairpiece for most of the movie.

Acting was fantastic though.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jeremy Renner was definitely the best character imo. And Louis CK of course.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the characters are somewhat interesting but I never felt bad when bad things were happening to them.
Pretty much this.

Some of the acting was clearly top tier, particularly Bale. His transformations for roles is just phenomenal. If he wasn't in this movie, it would have been downright unwatchable I think. And I know I'll get a lot of flack for this (too bad no more negs!), but I'm not a fan of Jennifer Lawrence, looks or acting. She's clearly not ugly or anything, but she just doesn't do it for me, and her acting doesn't impress me at all. Although I suppose I have to give her credit for making me wish her character would spontaneously combust every single time she was on screen. Amy Adams doesn't really impress me too much either, and didn't change that opinion at all here. Renner was great. Louis CK was great, and perfect for that role no less. Deniro? Why the fuck was he even in it? Cooper was actually pretty good, and not the Bradley Cooper we typically get, but I despised his character too.

Story did almost nothing for me. It was boring, predictable (although I'll admit I didn't *specifically* know what was going to happen, but I was close enough), and I barely cared what happened to anyone. As someone said, it is better than a lot of movies run through the studio mills, but I'll almost certainly never watch this one again, or recommend anyone else see it.

The biggest indicator of how I felt about this movie is that I'm most upset I never got the whole ice fishing story.

spronk

FPS noob
fuck, I had no idea Christian Bale was british and has an English accent. He did Batman interviews with an American accent so kids wouldn't think Batman wasn't American

Jait

Molten Core Raider
If you only know him as Batman, you probably didn't realize he's classically trained and even starred in K.B's Henry V as a child actor (along with pretty much every top notch actor of the last 50 years).

I had no idea either. I always thought he was Welsh.
+1 Actually made me laugh out loud.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Oh and this movie has incredible acting, but it was a fucking terrible story.

Every episode of the BBC's Hustle was better. Every. Single. One.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Watched this a second time. Not as entertaining the second run through.

On movie topics: Dallas Buyers Club was great.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Face it man. The cleavage was there to distract you from how mundane and boring this movie is. The allure of the bust was busted.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Went to see this the other day. I had only seen the trailers without having read anything about this (didn't know it was a fictionalized version of ABSCAM) so it did surprise me quite a lot plot wise, though there isn't much else to say about the plot. The acting was outstanding. Bale pulled this all together, I honestly can't think of anyone else who could have played this part. Surprisingly, this was my first Jennifer Lawrence flick and I was pleasantly surprised. Cooper, Adams, CK were all good and played their parts well. I doubt if I would have recognized De Niro had I not seen his name in the credits, my god he looked old! But the best performance for me was Renner. I fucking hate baby-kissing politicians but holy shit did I root for the mayor towards the end and felt sad at how it went. Not so for the bribe taking members of Congress though.

Wasn't the best of films I've seen, but it definitely was worth my movie ticket money.