Anarchy Online New Graphics Engine

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
AO has the best classes of any MMO, they're all unique and interesting and fun to play. I especially love my shade. I was considering going back sometime to potentially try this AOsharp or whatever multiboxing program it sounds like everyone is using now, which I'm assuming is something like MQ2 for EQ?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I remember playing this a month or two. I think my computer at the time was pretty bad but also that the servers were janky as hell.

It was one of the games I hoped would replace the EQ feeling. Sadly it did not work like all the other games I tried, mainly due to me being too lazy to try find "new friends" to play with.

It was really cool at the time even if the models and animations were pretty bad looking.

ClivesTriceps

Molten Core Raider
I remember playing this a month or two. I think my computer at the time was pretty bad but also that the servers were janky as hell.

It was one of the games I hoped would replace the EQ feeling. Sadly it did not work like all the other games I tried, mainly due to me being too lazy to try find "new friends" to play with.

It was really cool at the time even if the models and animations were pretty bad looking.

I think AO could have probably been considered below average on graphics even for its time, but goddamn, the game did everything right for me. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing. Sometimes I'll zone to Milky Way or sit in one of the shadowlands gardens just to listen to the music. I never really had any major issues with the game as far as bugs.

I'd give up both nuts to go back to the golden days of AO, even just for a day.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I’d shell out serious money for a top of the line PC/Monitor if they ever did a modern day remake with the latest and greatest graphics.

Didn’t even know AO was still online. Hows the population and whats the endgame like these days?

Edit: Oh Funcom sold to Tencent and all support for the game has been cut? Is that accurate?

Last edited:

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
1713734823582.png

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I’d shell out serious money for a top of the line PC/Monitor if they ever did a modern day remake with the latest and greatest graphics.

I would be there in a heartbeat. Someone just build it in UE5 or something.

Amenra

Molten Core Raider
Started playing this last week. It's been a blast so far. The population is decent, all things considering. If anyone wants to group up, feel free to send a DM.