Anarchy Online New Graphics Engine

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
But AoC had dem jubblies.

Grinding Shadow Knowledge on a keeper as my third to cap pretty much killed AO for me.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Zapatta Zapatta message me your account info and I will sub it up to play for a while if you don't mind.

Let me see if I can get you a password recovery. Youll probably need to tell my old Orgs (Guilds) to drop you from the roster. I know atleast one is still active.

You might still get PVP hate tells.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Did they merge servers? Womder how they handled more toons than slots per dimension?

ClivesTriceps

Molten Core Raider
Bump. Glad I found this thread before I made a new one.

Anyone ever log back onto AO? I still do every now and then, was the best MMO ever made IMO. Best soundtrack, great atmosphere, complex crafting/skills.

I sure do miss the good ol days. Shadowlands is my favorite expansion pack out of any game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You mean farming those rock mobs forever? Hecklers iirc.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I will basically always buy in at the start of any FunCom game because their devs are absolutely insane in the best ways and the world would be a different place if they could actually hire anyone capable of coding.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
ao.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Agent is a class devs need to either have giant balls or a serious drug addiction to actually push live.

Bureaucrat also hilarious. "What does he do?" "Permanent Charms baby! Make your own wage slave!"

Fixer was the EQ druid quarantine class.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It was the most innovative at that time too. Instances, missions, flying mounts, the chat system with the bots you could add, and it goes on and on. Yeah some of that shit was buggy and laggy but the game had a certain charm to it.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also one of the few publishers that figured out that tank players just want to be huge as fuck

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I fkn loved AO. RK2 ftw. The game that introduced twinks. Running around trying to find a trader etc to chuck in your implants.

Was also the first game I ever went inside a building and people were having a disco party and going full RP..........

Doing tower pvp, Tir arena pvp, pvp over that fkn dragon for a Dchest. Then Shadowlands which was amazing, and finally the cities with those aliens. That's when I quit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ClivesTriceps

Molten Core Raider
There is an in development emulator: About | Project Rubi-Ka

I have it downloaded. I'm very thankful that people have been able to recreate the game just in case FunCom decides to shut AO down. I don't even want to think about AO getting shut down permanently.. Too many good memories and I've had my Adventurer since I started playing in 2001.