Anarchy Online New Graphics Engine

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fuck, I played the shit out of this back in the day during my, Fuck this shitty EQ game, breaks, lol.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, this game had the worst launch ever. My brother and I got it on release and it was just such a fucking mess. I tried to check it out months later, but never really got into it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man, this game had the worst launch ever. My brother and I got it on release and it was just such a fucking mess. I tried to check it out months later, but never really got into it.

Yeah I remember that. At launch it was a fucking slideshow if you could even manage log in. This lasted for weeks in the beginning.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That and the duping bugs that were in beta and made it into live without fixes pretty much wrecked the economy right out the gate.

Noahx

N00b
Man, not a huge fan of the new starting area on a Froob account. Might resub just so I don't have to deal with it and blitz some missions with the Fixa.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, the new starting area looks like it was made by an intern. Shadowlands/Alien Wars starting zones were much better looking, and felt less like a corridor funneling you through.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You can skip the entire newb area. I did once I realized you can. Send a message to the new bot with !help and it will be one of the topics.

I am going to be playing this more this week. Had a long work weekend of nights.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also curious about population, especially at endgame if anyone playing is around there. Btw, what does endgame entail now? Is it still pandemonium, dust brigade, alien sectors, farming combined armor? I may be forgetting something else.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Also curious about population, especially at endgame if anyone playing is around there. Btw, what does endgame entail now? Is it still pandemonium, dust brigade, alien sectors, farming combined armor? I may be forgetting something else.
I think that is pretty much the end game.

I am just starting out myself from complete scratch.

Noahx

N00b
I want to start a Doc but fear soloing as one. Plus, once you've played a class that has decent travel abilities, it's hard to go back. That said, all the classes are pretty fun and unique.

Population is clearly up from the Steam integration. A lot of decent chat. Unsure about the grouping yet.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Docs are great soloers at higher levels, can solo some of the hardest monsters in the game. Even leveling they're pretty fun to play.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah when i played way back, healing was fun in missions by doc. Never got to end game but had 170ish doc, keeper, enforcer, soldier and countless other alts lol.

Noahx

N00b
Fixer is still my jam. I barely scratched the surface of playing the class into deep levels of FixerGrid, kiting dyna camps, biltzing missions is fun as shit. I might level some basic dudes on a Froob account for buffs (wrangles are nnngg) and restart the sub on a main account.

Is there any resurgence in mission items that people want? Concrete Pillows? Med Suits? I remember level locking a toon at 10ish for low QL mission items.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a global market like an AH now, check their for prices. Farming dynas in Adonis can be profitable, lots of good rare drops there and not hard to fight.

Zalere

N00b
Twinking things still sell incredibly well - pillows and med suits as mentioned, along with items like pepper pistols, VT eggs, or anything for low level twinks. Some people put way too much time into that. Like days and spreadsheets too much time since that's all the hardcore veterans have to do. You can even resell some nanos purchased in gardens because not everyone has access to them (like mochems). If you want to blitz missions for items, MishBuddy worked pretty well. However if you need some credits fast, you can just sell in-game time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone playing Omni? There's just one server now right? Really tempted to play again, have chars in each tier level I believe. Don't think I'd have an org anymore though, probly still need one for all the city benefits I'm guessing?

Zalere

N00b
Clanner for life mang. But yeah, there are a few really big org on each side (Storm for instance on the Clan side) that have a lot of active players - and they are super helpful if you want to do the AI daily missions and such, or just grid shortcuts. There are plenty of smaller orgs that seem fairly active though. Last time we played, neutral pop even seemed solid enough.