Ancient Civilizations

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
No, some aren't that precise. Others range up to .0005 or .0008. Still nothing achievable by any known technology in 9000 BC. The alternative is the unknown. There are other hominid species and some were more evolutionarily advanced than modern man. We can guess they were smarter too. What happened to them is also a guess, likely killed in the same mass extinction even that wiped out all the megafaunae 12 or so thousand years ago. None of this is about UFOs or magic or the supernatural. If I had to guess how these stone vases were mass produced, I'd say it was by some means of melting the stone and it forming these natural shapes on their own. The handles though could be a manipulation during this process. The holes look crude.
Seems pretty clear to me that it wasn't a melted homogenized thing, considering the crystallization evident in those flashlight photos.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chuck its not 4 places its 3 to get to thousandth of inch. 4 places is referred to "tenth of a thousandth"
sorry, was going by the link i pasted.

"
Concentricity, Roundness and continuity are measured as the
rotab turns 360 degrees, allowing each mounted dial indicator to
measure surface deviations down to less than one half thousandth
(0.0005) of an inch. The surface variance between lug handles,
which interrupt the continuity, is also measured as the continuity
is of primary interest."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Seems pretty clear to me that it wasn't a melted homogenized thing, considering the crystallization evident in those flashlight photos.
maybe i should have said "softened". there is the theory of geopolymers. a process used for making the ancient megaliths around the world fit perfectly with one another.
iu

of course this is not proven, its just a theory, but if you can soften these massive stones to the point where there are no gaps, then you can do whatever to a malleable piece of granite to turn it into am impossibly perfect shape. this falls into "ancient high technology", stuff Chris would laugh at. he probably thinks this is a big setup to bring up that theory. these weird fitted rocks are found all over the world. including the Menkaure Pyramid in Egypt.
33b34713e14299eaa2b56d4a128c8518.jpg

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Seems pretty simple to me. We've probably been here before.

Everyone assumes that everything in the past must be lower tech because we would find evidence of higher tech if it existed.

Okay, but let's look at the modern world. What's your house made out of? Mine is made out of wood. How long do you expect it will stand? 100 years? Maybe 200? How long if no one is around to maintain it? A lot less, id imagine. How about things like roads and bridges? That shit needs constant maintenance or it turns to dust pretty quickly. Within 40-50 years or so. So we look around and we think of the world we live in as permanent and it will always be here. And on the time scale of our lifespan, maybe that's the case. But if we're talking 5000+ years ago, how much would REALLY be left?

I dunno.... probably just shit like artisan cups and bowls made out of granite. You know...shit that doesn't break down or weather easily. You could park a F150 in a field and there wouldn't be anything left after a couple hundred years. It'd be completely rusted away to nothing. Why is it so hard to come to terms with the fact that civilizations before us probably had ways of doing shit that's better than what we have. Maybe they were flying. Maybe they did go to space. Would we be able to tell after a major cataclysmic event? I'm not so sure we could.

And if we could, what we would be basing that rationale on is the fact that they made jugs outta rock with perfect tolerances.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Most of the shit all around us would be gone in a flash.Books? Would be all gone. Shit our society is pretty much all digital now stored on plastic and metal discs which would all rust away. Maybe some silicon chips would survive? We dont build any stone monuments anymore. Maybe some statues made out of stone would survive? Skyscrapers? All made out of steel and concrete which would wither away as well. Maybe some plastics would be left? I hear that shit takes a long time to turn to dust. Nature takes over really fast too. Even if you dont do any maintenance on your property for 5-10 yrs the shit starts to take over.

The thing people also have to realize is when a cataclysm happens, for one its like a bottleneck for humanity and were petty much set back to stone age, telling tales by the fire for our next generation, looking up at the stars again. even if some scientists or engineers survive, most of what they know dies with them. The great reset.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Most of the shit all around us would be gone in a flash.Books? Would be all gone. Shit our society is pretty much all digital now stored on plastic and metal discs which would all rust away. Maybe some silicon chips would survive? We dont build any stone monuments anymore. Maybe some statues made out of stone would survive? Skyscrapers? All made out of steel and concrete which would wither away as well. Maybe some plastics would be left? I hear that shit takes a long time to turn to dust. Nature takes over really fast too. Even if you dont do any maintenance on your property for 5-10 yrs the shit starts to take over.

The thing people also have to realize is when a cataclysm happens, for one its like a bottleneck for humanity and were petty much set back to stone age, telling tales by the fire for our next generation, looking up at the stars again. even if some scientists or engineers survive, most of what they know dies with them. The great reset.
It's actually worse than that. If we collapse this time coming back will be significantly harder since we've stripped the surface of many of the resources you'd need to build civilization again. Metals, oil etc. We go deep to get many of them now. Basically this is our last best shot.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
It's actually worse than that. If we collapse this time coming back will be significantly harder since we've stripped the surface of many of the resources you'd need to build civilization again. Metals, oil etc. We go deep to get many of them now. Basically this is our last best shot.

Good news is if that happens, you won't be around to worry about it!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Actually, that brings up an interesting point....what if we only think we are as high tech as we are because of our perceived abundance of materials? What if prior to this last reset, the distribution of elements on the earths crust was essentially evenly distributed, and whatever you needed to construct anything was never more than a day's walk? Or, even more than that, what if it was not evenly distributed, but instead weighted towards something that is extremely rare on our version of earth that is extremely useful for some industry we couldn't even imagine? And maybe the reason they died out is because they grew too large and lazy and dependent upon said resource, assumed it would always be there, and then some event happened which restricted or prevented access to it?

Maybe we've been playing on the hardcore server the whole time and we don't even know it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Actually, that brings up an interesting point....what if we only think we are as high tech as we are because of our perceived abundance of materials? What if prior to this last reset, the distribution of elements on the earths crust was essentially evenly distributed, and whatever you needed to construct anything was never more than a day's walk? Or, even more than that, what if it was not evenly distributed, but instead weighted towards something that is extremely rare on our version of earth that is extremely useful for some industry we couldn't even imagine? And maybe the reason they died out is because they grew too large and lazy and dependent upon said resource, assumed it would always be there, and then some event happened which restricted or prevented access to it?

Maybe we've been playing on the hardcore server the whole time and we don't even know it.
well, those climate "scientists" keep finding older and older ice to legitimize a reason to scold people for trying to live their lives.
this iteration of humans seem to be the worst yet. meaning that whatever the perfect vase people were doing, it was green and Al Gore wouldnt have had a problem with it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
maybe i should have said "softened". there is the theory of geopolymers. a process used for making the ancient megaliths around the world fit perfectly with one another.
iu

of course this is not proven, its just a theory, but if you can soften these massive stones to the point where there are no gaps, then you can do whatever to a malleable piece of granite to turn it into am impossibly perfect shape. this falls into "ancient high technology", stuff Chris would laugh at. he probably thinks this is a big setup to bring up that theory. these weird fitted rocks are found all over the world. including the Menkaure Pyramid in Egypt.
33b34713e14299eaa2b56d4a128c8518.jpg

Still doesn't make sense, see these broad crystalline cross sections? No way would they form like that in such a flat plane, they must have formed before they object was shaped.

thousands of these exist, wooden wheels or no wooden wheels are gonna do what? what is labor intensive even mean in this regard? .0001 has nothing to do with labor or wheels. its has to do with precision and a cutting tool equal to the hardness of granite capable of cutting on the outside as well as the inside so thin to where light shines through it.
View attachment 498646
you have a one piece stone vase that has handles that defeats any lathe theory. stone thats harder than bronze tools. stop trying to blow this off as some 10,000 year old nerd sitting in his mom's basement working on one piece that somehow has a .0001 precise runout. either you know how this was done or you dont. nobody knows. its extremely difficult and expensive to duplicate this today with the aid of computers

Chris

Potato del Grande

If it's not credible that a guy can make wooden equipment to sand down a perfect pot, why is it OK to leap to these kinds of claims?

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
If it's not credible that a guy can make wooden equipment to sand down a perfect pot, why is it OK to leap to these kinds of claims

You're kind of an idiot. For a few reasons

One of them is that I never said you can't make your claims. Mostly because I ignore your drivel in this thread.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You're kind of an idiot. For a few reasons

One of them is that I never said you can't make your claims. Mostly because I ignore your drivel in this thread.
Sure maybe not you specifically, but the thread in general devolves into massive leaps of logic after dismissing the most likely scenario as being impossible.

Here is some drivel: you are right about resource abundance in the past. The earliest metalworking was from people picking up metals from the surface, they only resorted to mining once the naturally exposed metals were exhausted.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Has all this information about variances, materials, age, quantity, etc. been confirmed to conclusively exclude any lies by omission or hoaxes?
Idk.

Theres a good amount of these specimens and many were found like 100 years ago which would immediately invalidate the idea that they were a hoax produced by modern precision technology.

That these are not readily producible even in 2023 the idea that someone made them just to lol seems really implausible. As the skill needed to accomplish it would be something of immediate commercial value.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I find the last video posted to be super cool. I work for in calibration lab and we do something very similar. We use the same dial indicators and also have a bunch of granite tables. We are climate controlled at 68 ° f year round . Most of what we work on has a tolerance of .0001(inch) and some of its even .00001 ( inch) it's completely over kill.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Watched one of the videos tangent to the ones posted in here that presented something I had never thought about. The supposed sarcophagus in the King's chamber of the Great Pyramid is carved out of a single piece of granite. None of the pathways into the King's chamber are big enough so that it could have been moved in there after the completion of the pyramid. As it is a solid piece of granite like the huge ones in the Sarappeum it also could not have been assembled in pieces in situ.

So they deduce that the only way it could be in there is that the Egyptians made the extraordinary effort of placing it in there during the construction of the Pyramid itself. Which would have made it significantly more complex of an effort than building the sarcophagus later. Also that the thing is unadorned even now.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
One master craftsman would have been honing his art for decades then spent years making this one perfect item, sanding it to perfection.

You seen some of those renaissance statues? They didn't have any technology either.
The spectroanalysis or whatever those guys did was using modern industrial engineering equipment. The engineers in the video work at Rolls Royce and they paid RR to use their stuff for this effort. It is confirmed that these vases were in possession since the 19th century in some aristocrats cabinet of curiosities.

The entire point that you somehow missed is that the human eye, human touch, our senses, etc cannot discern this level of variation in size (to the .001) meaning that some degree of tooling had to have been used to measure it.

So either:
1. Ancient Egypt had a degree of tooling they really shouldn't have had and doesn't fit into the historical narrative.
2. Somehow a hoax from the 18th century with tooling and skill that they shouldn't have had. If they did have this skill, they used it to troll future anthropologists of all things rather than make absurd amounts of money off it. Implausible.
3. Paying some shop to replicate these in 2023 and just get close to them would cost you obscene amounts of money.

So, I haven't a fucking clue. Sure is fascinating though.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The spectroanalysis or whatever those guys did was using modern industrial engineering equipment. The engineers in the video work at Rolls Royce and they paid RR to use their stuff for this effort. It is confirmed that these vases were in possession since the 19th century in some aristocrats cabinet of curiosities.

The entire point that you somehow missed is that the human eye, human touch, our senses, etc cannot discern this level of variation in size (to the .001) meaning that some degree of tooling had to have been used to measure it.

So either:
1. Ancient Egypt had a degree of tooling they really shouldn't have had and doesn't fit into the historical narrative.
2. Somehow a hoax from the 18th century with tooling and skill that they shouldn't have had. If they did have this skill, they used it to troll future anthropologists of all things rather than make absurd amounts of money off it. Implausible.
3. Paying some shop to replicate these in 2023 and just get close to them would cost you obscene amounts of money.

So, I haven't a fucking clue. Sure is fascinating though.
Dont forget who you're quoting.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Watched one of the videos tangent to the ones posted in here that presented something I had never thought about. The supposed sarcophagus in the King's chamber of the Great Pyramid is carved out of a single piece of granite. None of the pathways into the King's chamber are big enough so that it could have been moved in there after the completion of the pyramid. As it is a solid piece of granite like the huge ones in the Sarappeum it also could not have been assembled in pieces in situ.

So they deduce that the only way it could be in there is that the Egyptians made the extraordinary effort of placing it in there during the construction of the Pyramid itself. Which would have made it significantly more complex of an effort than building the sarcophagus later. Also that the thing is unadorned even now.
there are other fringe theories. one is that the King's chamber sarcophagus came in through an elevator underneath the floor. the other is that there is a false panel in the wall that it was slid through. this one i believe.
iu

i hope you can see it.
iu