Ancient Civilizations

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I didn't watch this at all but I've been thinking alot about how to date stone.

I wonder if anyone has tried dating oxidation of iron bits in quarried stone, when the cuts expose the inner surfaces to the air. I asked bing and it stupidly recommended radiocarbon, but it also led me to optically stimulated luminescence.

That one wouldn't be useful because most cut surfaces will just be buried in heaps of other similar stones. Might work on the casing stones but those were long since plundered.

:emoji_shrug:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I didn't watch this at all but I've been thinking alot about how to date stone.

I wonder if anyone has tried dating oxidation of iron bits in quarried stone, when the cuts expose the inner surfaces to the air. I asked bing and it stupidly recommended radiocarbon, but it also led me to optically stimulated luminescence.

That one wouldn't be useful because most cut surfaces will just be buried in heaps of other similar stones. Might work on the casing stones but those were long since plundered.

:emoji_shrug:
I think the rate of degredation would be too fast and too inconsistent?

Like there's no iron left or the weather changed the rate of the reaction?

Chris

Potato del Grande

I love the mental image of a guy in a hot air baloon shouting "A little to the left!!" to the nazca line builers, it's a dumb theory when you put it that way.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Pole shift doomsayers are one of my biggest triggers. It is like they are all fucking retarded. This guy literally said the planet would stop spinning, or some variation of that. And people watch on shitty fucking Tiktok and believe it, because it was on the internet so it must be true, right? I can't even.

I would literally push a button right now if it killed everyone that believes a pole shift would devastate the planet.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
well it depends on what they mean by pole shift...if they mean magnetic pole, then it might cause minor issues if it is that large of a shift in a very short amount of time. a pole shift of ROTATION, ie changing the declination of the planet in relation to the sun, now that would cause major issues. mostly in weather/climate as the planet adjusted to the new "seasons" due to the change of the rotational angle in relation to the sun. depending on the direction of said shift. with a 10 degree change, Boston's climate would either be more like south carolina or most like northern canada ~quebec city depending on which way the pole changed, right now the declination is ~23.5 degrees. 33.5 degrees = ~south carolina climate, 13.5 degrees ~quebec modified for the gulf stream

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ossoi in the comand centre reposting tiktoks everywhere like a boomer who just discovered facebook and belives everything he reads.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
well it depends on what they mean by pole shift...if they mean magnetic pole, then it might cause minor issues if it is that large of a shift in a very short amount of time. a pole shift of ROTATION, ie changing the declination of the planet in relation to the sun, now that would cause major issues. mostly in weather/climate as the planet adjusted to the new "seasons" due to the change of the rotational angle in relation to the sun. depending on the direction of said shift. with a 10 degree change, Boston's climate would either be more like south carolina or most like northern canada ~quebec city depending on which way the pole changed, right now the declination is ~23.5 degrees. 33.5 degrees = ~south carolina climate, 13.5 degrees ~quebec modified for the gulf stream
I don't disagree with you about how bad a rotational shift would be, but they are clearly talking about magnetic poles, even though I guarantee most of them equate magnetic to rotational. Furthermore, how many times do you suppose the rotational poles have shifted more than the few inches/feet they continually shift? Is there any evidence that it has ever shifted 10 degrees in a span shorter than centuries? Millennia? Ever? If not, then I don't think we need to worry about it, and we can go back to shitting all over pole-shifters because they clearly think it refers to rotation, when it doesn't.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ossoi in the comand centre reposting tiktoks everywhere like a boomer who just discovered facebook and belives everything he reads.
I would also push a button that murdered everyone that thinks Tiktok is a reliable source of information. And shocks everyone that even uses the app. Every time a new video starts playing. Increasing in intensity.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Pole shift doomsayers are one of my biggest triggers. It is like they are all fucking retarded. This guy literally said the planet would stop spinning, or some variation of that. And people watch on shitty fucking Tiktok and believe it, because it was on the internet so it must be true, right? I can't even.

I would literally push a button right now if it killed everyone that believes a pole shift would devastate the planet.
In this household we believe in Newton's first law. What the fuck kind of doomsday device is supposed to apply enough force to stop the 13,170,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 pound Earth from spinning or to reverse the rotation?

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider

He clearly mixed poles, the supposed book is talking about magnetic pole shift, and he's talking about earth rotation axis.
A magnetic pole shift would probably creates a lot of problems but we would survive.
A geological pole shift can happen only if we get hit by something big, and then the shift won't be the problem.