The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Chris

Potato del Grande

How can you make a video about a "shepherd king" from Palestine moving to Egypt who worshipped "the one true God" and not link it to the story of Joseph in Genesis?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

How can you make a video about a "shepherd king" from Palestine moving to Egypt who worshipped "the one true God" and not link it to the story of Joseph in Genesis?
Good point, but different God? There were a whole lot of gods back then. And crazy people. And a lot of shepards.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Good point, but different God? There were a whole lot of gods back then. And crazy people. And a lot of shepards.
It was specifically mentioned that the alternate religion of Khufu and later Akhenaten was monotheistic, the bible claims that the Jews made it to Egypt several times holding important positions there is even physical evidence of a Jewish settlement/temple in Egypt. What the fuck other monotheistic religion was around at that time in that part of the world?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
isnt this something you should be bringing up with Matt from Ancient Architects? i dont think any of us can answer why he didnt say the thing you wanted him to say.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
It was specifically mentioned that the alternate religion of Khufu and later Akhenaten was monotheistic, the bible claims that the Jews made it to Egypt several times holding important positions there is even physical evidence of a Jewish settlement/temple in Egypt. What the fuck other monotheistic religion was around at that time in that part of the world?
The old one from the last world. The relics of Sumer were still around.
The Black Pyramid of the Son of the Creator for example, not that there are very many examples left.
I'll try to find a picture of it in a bit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Huh? The Slaves in Egypt thing for Jews is a Hollywood generated concept. It has no basis in Jewish history. The Jews were oppressed in Canaan. To your other point all of the bible stories are aggregations of previous ones. This is how the religion coalesced. It's absurd to think that the Joseph story was the first of it's kind.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Huh? The Slaves in Egypt thing for Jews is a Hollywood generated concept. It has no basis in Jewish history. The Jews were oppressed in Canaan. To your other point all of the bible stories are aggregations of previous ones. This is how the religion coalesced. It's absurd to think that the Joseph story was the first of it's kind.
When did I mention slaves? I'm talking about Joseph and Moses. Nothing Holywood.

Not saying it's the first of its kind, but it's worthy of a mention!

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Um, I suggest reviewing the source material before claiming Hollywood invented details about Jewish history. You can take issue with the historical accuracy of the source material but Hollywood didnt invent this detail.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Um, I suggest reviewing the source material before claiming Hollywood invented details about Jewish history. You can take issue with the historical accuracy of the source material but Hollywood didnt invent this detail.
So you're saying Edward G Robinson really isn't an Egyptian pharoah?

Mind blown.gif

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the last one is pretty cool.
Boulder2.jpg

• 1Like