Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
That dudes potentially a fraud.

200.gif

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
On the long side, but plenty of overlapping topics to stuff that shows up in here. Carrol does a great job explaining things without any of the "people who don't subscribe to my side of things are stupid" that is so often seen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Bandwagon Bandwagon Do you know of any tube/missile shaped drones that operate horizontally while in motion? The only one I can recall are the Spirit UAS's but I could have sworn they were vertically oriented only.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Bandwagon Bandwagon Do you know of any tube/missile shaped drones that operate horizontally while in motion? The only one I can recall are the Spirit UAS's but I could have sworn they were vertically oriented only.

Not commercial, but I've seen one similar to that. Some guy was building one ~10 years ago and posted it on DIYdrones.com. it had counter rotating blades on a central shaft. I remember watching a video of it taking off vertically and hovering on a test flight. I believe he was going to try doing something like an EDF version, and eventually try to get it to tilt into forward flight.

I can't remember the name though. Pretty sure it's an old aircraft design he was using and not something he just pulled out of his ass.

Edit:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Also ardurocket

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user