The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lazar has been playing this game since the 70s. If he's lying or telling the truth. He had a long time getting his presentation down pat.

That's my thought exactly right now. After he 'went public' he was arrested for starting an illegal brothel. You can't make that up, and I can't help but think it taints his character or at least reveals a major piece of this puzzle. Seriously, who starts a mf'ing illegal brothel in their neighborhood? I think he said his wife cheated on him because hwas gone at such weird hours. I have to think the brothel was far more likely a catalyst to his divorce. The movie I watched on Netflix used it as a point to support his veracity, saying if had "come clean during his trial" that he was lying about the UFO stuff it would have helped him during the trial. But I don't buy that line of reasoning, not particularly anyway. It's equally likely that he was fired for sexual harassment or something else. Say he did sexually harass someone at the lab, and i'm not saying he did, but say he did something of that level, what is the best case scenario for Bob Lazar to just go away while also not spilling any secrets, while also preserving his ability to earn money and stay out of jail?

Here's an equally likely theory I came up with in the last few minutes:

1. Bob committed a serious offense, something akin to Sexual harassment that required he be fired immediately but not necessarily arrested.
2. Bob is obviously a very smart/clever guy, after all he built a frickin' rocket engine into his motorcycle in his garage.
3. Him working at the lab was public record in multiple newspapers. He would have been told however that the government would never vouch for him after he was fired. So he knew private industry would know he worked there, but he felt he desperately needed a plausible excuse for why the government would deny he did work there.
4. If he would tell of any real secrets, he knew he would be arrested. He says himself he took 5 or 6 people to see the aircraft tests at that lake, people without necessary clearances but he didn't get into any serious trouble other than being fired. I call Bullshit. He'd be rotting in prison today unless I'm missing something here.
5. So he devised a cover story for his being fired that accomplished several things.
a) Bob front runs any accusation the government would make. This is important because Bob needs to be able to claim he was a victim of sorts, without having to spill why he was actually fired.
b) It inflates the egos of every scientist and government monkey working at A51. This captured the imagination of the whole world, and I can't imagine anyone at A51 or S4 was anything but in awe of the attention they received. They probably love Bob Lazar more than most of the UFO nuts because he gives them an aura of mystery and intrigue they wouldn't otherwise have. The net effect here is they decided not to prosecute Bob as long as he went away and they believed he would never be a threat. Once you come up with this story, even if he later recanted it and spilled real secrets, by his own admission he was a liar. They would have made sure he didn't steal any physical evidence, but ultimately let him go.
c) It allows Bob to keep earning in private, through books or private companies who don't deal in secrets but need smart people mixing dangerous chemicals and he is certainly smart and capable.

If this 5 minute theory is right, he likely had no clue the chain of events that his story would set in motion or just how big it would get. But from the Netflix movie I watched today, the guy is obviously doing very well for himself. He's easily making six figures or more, and his biggest burden in life seems to be that he he has to deal with a lot of crazies. It's like he won a sort of sci-fi lottery where a lot of weirdo's are attracted to him and he gets scitzo's calling him instead of beggars and crooks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's my thought exactly right now. After he 'went public' he was arrested for starting an illegal brothel. You can't make that up, and I can't help but think it taints his character or at least reveals a major piece of this puzzle. Seriously, who starts a mf'ing illegal brothel in their neighborhood? I think he said his wife cheated on him because hwas gone at such weird hours. I have to think the brothel was far more likely a catalyst to his divorce. The movie I watched on Netflix used it as a point to support his veracity, saying if had "come clean during his trial" that he was lying about the UFO stuff it would have helped him during the trial. But I don't buy that line of reasoning, not particularly anyway. It's equally likely that he was fired for sexual harassment or something else. Say he did sexually harass someone at the lab, and i'm not saying he did, but say he did something of that level, what is the best case scenario for Bob Lazar to just go away while also not spilling any secrets, while also preserving his ability to earn money and stay out of jail?

Here's an equally likely theory I came up with in the last few minutes:

1. Bob committed a serious offense, something akin to Sexual harassment that required he be fired immediately but not necessarily arrested.
2. Bob is obviously a very smart/clever guy, after all he built a frickin' rocket engine into his motorcycle in his garage.
3. Him working at the lab was public record in multiple newspapers. He would have been told however that the government would never vouch for him after he was fired. So he knew private industry would know he worked there, but he felt he desperately needed a plausible excuse for why the government would deny he did work there.
4. If he would tell of any real secrets, he knew he would be arrested. He says himself he took 5 or 6 people to see the aircraft tests at that lake, people without necessary clearances but he didn't get into any serious trouble other than being fired. I call Bullshit. He'd be rotting in prison today unless I'm missing something here.
5. So he devised a cover story for his being fired that accomplished several things.
a) Bob front runs any accusation the government would make. This is important because Bob needs to be able to claim he was a victim of sorts, without having to spill why he was actually fired.
b) It inflates the egos of every scientist and government monkey working at A51. This captured the imagination of the whole world, and I can't imagine anyone at A51 or S4 was anything but in awe of the attention they received. They probably love Bob Lazar more than most of the UFO nuts because he gives them an aura of mystery and intrigue they wouldn't otherwise have. The net effect here is they decided not to prosecute Bob as long as he went away and they believed he would never be a threat. Once you come up with this story, even if he later recanted it and spilled real secrets, by his own admission he was a liar. They would have made sure he didn't steal any physical evidence, but ultimately let him go.
c) It allows Bob to keep earning in private, through books or private companies who don't deal in secrets but need smart people mixing dangerous chemicals and he is certainly smart and capable.

If this 5 minute theory is right, he likely had no clue the chain of events that his story would set in motion or just how big it would get. But from the Netflix movie I watched today, the guy is obviously doing very well for himself. He's easily making six figures or more, and his biggest burden in life seems to be that he he has to deal with a lot of crazies. It's like he won a sort of sci-fi lottery where a lot of weirdo's are attracted to him and he gets scitzo's calling him instead of beggars and crooks.
On 4. if a random person climbs that mountain I don't think they get imprisoned. Just chased away? It was public access until recently because people were going up there to see Area 51.

If he never worked at Area 51 then he's not break any contracts?

3. Was about him.working at Los Alamos, not Area 51.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Break

On 4. if a random person climbs that mountain I don't think they get imprisoned. Just chased away? It was public access until recently because people were going up there to see Area 51.

If he never worked at Area 51 then he's not break any contracts?

3. Was about him.working at Los Alamos, not Area 51.

I doubt they would get in trouble, unless there are clear no tresspassing signs but back then it was public access like you said. But even on public land, in light of him having a top secret clearance, I just can't imagine a scenario where he would invite 6 people to witness some of those secrets and him not go to jail for a long time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Break

The movie also mentioned hypnosis. Bob Lazar says he used a hypnotist to try to recall additional details from his time at the lab. I don't really have a strong opinion about that but I remember in College one my professors was a huge opponent of (Polygraphs) for two reasons: A) Some people, like sociopaths, are completely immune to their effects so you will weed out good people, and you will never catch a sociopath which he argued was the far greater evil. B) He told a story of some kids that had gotten hypnotized and were told a crazy story about how something happened, like how something in a locked room was stolen. I forget the exact details, but the gist of it was the kids were in a hypnotized state where they were told that a flying creature flew through the window, stole the item(s) off a chair and flew back out. Long after that, the kids emphatically believed in this creature and gave startling details about it. Later on the kids were given a polygraph and passed with the crazy flying creature through the window explanation. They literally believed the story they were told and their mind filled in gaps with startling detail. Bob said he was hypnotized before his saga unravelled and I think there might be something like this there too. Might, I don't know, I just don't really believe him.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
The movie also mentioned hypnosis. Bob Lazar says he used a hypnotist to try to recall additional details from his time at the lab. I don't really have a strong opinion about that but I remember in College one my professors was a huge opponent of (Polygraphs) for two reasons: A) Some people, like sociopaths, are completely immune to their effects so you will weed out good people, and you will never catch a sociopath which he argued was the far greater evil. B) He told a story of some kids that had gotten hypnotized and were told a crazy story about how something happened, like how something in a locked room was stolen. I forget the exact details, but the gist of it was the kids were in a hypnotized state where they were told that a flying creature flew through the window, stole the item(s) off a chair and flew back out. Long after that, the kids emphatically believed in this creature and gave startling details about it. Later on the kids were given a polygraph and passed with the crazy flying creature through the window explanation. They literally believed the story they were told and their mind filled in gaps with startling detail. Bob said he was hypnotized before his saga unravelled and I think there might be something like this there too. Might, I don't know, I just don't really believe him.
...really? This is sounding superfake now. A normal person doesn't run a brothel and get hypnotized.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I really love the fact that some of our bigger naysayers haven't heard of lazar, the OG fringe bullshitter, and are nodding their heads at what he says

• 2Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
We should get Bob Lazar on FOH for an AMA session!

@a_skeleton_03
Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule

Make this happen!
I met him this year. Asked some questions, shook his hand. Skipped the photo OP. Dude was mobbed the whole time I was there, save for the lunch I attended. Was quiet, lots of talking at the tables though.
He is quite a remarkable dude to talk with.

Main question I asked him was if Moscovium and the element 115 were one and the same. He did say yes. So that makes much sense given how difficult it is to produce in the first place. I also asked him if there was a chance that those in charge had found another material on earth that could be used for a similar effect. That stumped him. He eventually suggested mercury, then spewed out technical garble at those around us, which at the time made sense. I should have written it down or made a video or something. He is a smart cookie. Much smarter than a 5th grader.

That's all I got.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I really love the fact that some of our bigger naysayers haven't heard of lazar, the OG fringe bullshitter, and are nodding their heads at what he says
i dont get it either, if anyone here has any interest in this stuff, then you watched "In Search Of..." as a kid and they did an episode on this fuckin guy. it was silly back then.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I find him more credible and believable than either David Wilcox or Corey Goode.

• 2Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Bob Lazar, Grant Cameron, Richard Dolan, Linda Molten, Nick Pope and John Greenewald are all my favorite UFO investigators.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

The mystery of Malaysian Airlines MH370. Long read but worth it. This is up there with Dyatlov Pass in terms of unsettling events that are very difficult to wrap your head around.

• 2Like

Del

Vyemm Raider
Lazar has been playing this game since the 70s. If he's lying or telling the truth. He had a long time getting his presentation down pat.
Curious. Where do you get it that he's been doing it since the 70s?

• 1Like

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>

Lazar was born in '59 so he would have been barely an adult by the end of the 70s. Maybe it's some other shenanigans he did as a kid? Itd be cool to see a newspaper article or something if it's out there. You gotta admit, even if the dude is a fake with the S4 shit, he is definitely into some heavy physics and engineering with his career choice.

Would seem an odd thing to have the science background, and then make this stuff up just to be famous? Everytime he talks he seems relatively reserved and complains about the attention he got.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
sorry, was off by ten years, he came up with this story at the end of the 80s. i thought i saw him on in search of, i still think so, IMDB doesnt show it.

• 1Like