The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Never heard of Bob Lazar before, this blew my mind though:

Can't say whether I believe him or not though, he seems credible but he's only one guy and he has no hard evidence. Just thinking about a device that can bend bend space/time to create gravity waves is pretty gnarly though.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Can't say whether I believe him or not though, he seems credible but he's only one guy and he has no hard evidence. Just thinking about a device that can bend bend space/time to create gravity waves is pretty gnarly though.
Yeah I saw parts of that too. The guy seemed credible about a lot of things, the science made sense and that's his area of interest/expertise.

The only question mark is about why he won't talk about what the military did after he was caught watching the test flights with his friends. He's revealed so much, why hold things back? Also why has no-one else come forward?

I thought it was interesting how he said the briefing had a load of nonsense in it, like details such as the exact planet the craft was from, which could be a way to ID leakers.

That's a convinient excuse for him if anything he says turns out to be bullshit. It's also a way to make leakers look like cranks if it's just human tech, perhaps Soviet or Nazi.

Linked to this in my mind are the stories about the saucer shaped craft in the Skoda factory in Czechoslovakia the Nazis were working on, with at least some of it going to the US after the war. Apparently theres a paper trail for this before it was made top secret.

The other is the story that Roswell was Stalin fucking with the Americans by crashing a bunch of people who were science experiments into the desert.

My thoughts are that they have never been able to get saucer shaped crafting working effectively, either they didn't work well from the start or the scientists who invented the design died in the war or went to Russia necessitating reverse engineering. Maybe parts of the tech have been designed by trial and error and they don't actually know why it works.

I also think some US agencies are spreading UFO rumours purposefully to cover up top secret projects.

Other top secret projects like the spy planes and stealth bombers were identified as UFOs in previous decades and have been made public because they actually work and it's hard to use them in war while keeping them secret.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Bob Lazar's story is always interesting. I always liked the idea that you perpetuate such people as loonies rather than giving them their eternal reward so to speak. There is fairly strong evidence that the CIA did act as agent provocateurs to the end of using the UFO phenomenon to cover up the more normal shit they do. I forget the guy's name but they recruited some patriotic redneck pilot into aiding them in, "hunting UFOs" and disseminating this information while the guy was actually helping them with the usual black budget drug smuggling shit they do.

While it wasn't like you found out the actual mission documentation the known timing of CIA sponsored drug smuggling and this guy lined up well enough. Pushing more UFO looneys to go all, "the truth is out there" and shielding what was actually going on with the misdirection.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Nola

Trakanon Raider

Watch his other videos, from the 1990s to present. The guy has ALWAYS been consistent with his story. Either he's telling the truth (which I do believe him) or he's one hell of an amazing liar.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I do wonder how effective it would be to take scientists and researchers and compartmentalize them like that. Suppose you recruit from two places. Fresh grads and experienced researchers who have worked in R&D a lot. Public or private.

If you compartmentalized them enough it would probably work. Such that most of them would be convinced that these were just black projects deeply classified. Your research is to find an application for them and reverse engineer rather than question the origin. Some dudes invented this years ago... we don't understand how. Teach us what you can figure out.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande

Yeah I saw parts of that too. The guy seemed credible about a lot of things, the science made sense and that's his area of interest/expertise.

The only question mark is about why he won't talk about what the military did after he was caught watching the test flights with his friends. He's revealed so much, why hold things back? Also why has no-one else come forward?

I thought it was interesting how he said the briefing had a load of nonsense in it, like details such as the exact planet the craft was from, which could be a way to ID leakers.

That's a convinient excuse for him if anything he says turns out to be bullshit. It's also a way to make leakers look like cranks if it's just human tech, perhaps Soviet or Nazi.

Linked to this in my mind are the stories about the saucer shaped craft in the Skoda factory in Czechoslovakia the Nazis were working on, with at least some of it going to the US after the war. Apparently theres a paper trail for this before it was made top secret.

The other is the story that Roswell was Stalin fucking with the Americans by crashing a bunch of people who were science experiments into the desert.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It wouldn't be hard at all for Lazar to prove that he's telling the truth. He claims to have hidden a piece of Element 115. Go get that and show it to someone and let them analyze it. There you go, credibility established.

Oh, but he can't, because they'd arrest him or kill him or something? But they are cool with him going around talking about it for 30 years? Yeah, no. He doesn't have it, and they aren't worried about him discussing it, because he made it up. Until he produces it, that's my opinion.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'd go with that part being grandstanding or bullshit for sure. The one thing that would keep him alive is if what he has is just stories. The second you stole something like that the black helicopters so to speak would stop at nothing to get it back. They would move heaven and earth to do so. Hell, that would happen if you stole some amount of Uranium 235 too.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande
It wouldn't be hard at all for Lazar to prove that he's telling the truth. He claims to have hidden a piece of Element 115. Go get that and show it to someone and let them analyze it. There you go, credibility established.

Oh, but he can't, because they'd arrest him or kill him or something? But they are cool with him going around talking about it for 30 years? Yeah, no. He doesn't have it, and they aren't worried about him discussing it, because he made it up. Until he produces it, that's my opinion.
Yeah I did minimal research and it seems like he isn't that credible after all, Rogan presented him in the most positive light possible.

He's also been claiming that he saw an alien but that wasn't covered at all. If he actually has some 115 then march up to a lab with your journalist friend and get it tested, I don't think it's a high tech test to do either. I want to say Mass Spectrometer?

OK the government deleted his education? But people debunking it note how there's no time period he could have gone to MIT since he was declaring bankruptcy in his photography business in Los Alamos? Seems like it would be fairly easy to give a year by year breakdown of events in your life, yet he's uncertain on dates!? Did they flashy thing him like in MiB?

The biometric machine thing is interesting though and it seemed like he was correct about it, maybe he was working on something mundane like that lol.

What if it's just some guy that found Area 51 on a hike and invited his friends to go look at them testing Stealth Bombers or Drones? Invented a story to make himself sound interesting to his friends and go visit brothels behind his wife's back and it spiralled out of control.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lazar has been playing this game since the 70s. If he's lying or telling the truth. He had a long time getting his presentation down pat.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I did minimal research and it seems like he isn't that credible after all, Rogan presented him in the most positive light possible.

He's also been claiming that he saw an alien but that wasn't covered at all. If he actually has some 115 then march up to a lab with your journalist friend and get it tested, I don't think it's a high tech test to do either. I want to say Mass Spectrometer?

OK the government deleted his education? But people debunking it note how there's no time period he could have gone to MIT since he was declaring bankruptcy in his photography business in Los Alamos? Seems like it would be fairly easy to give a year by year breakdown of events in your life, yet he's uncertain on dates!? Did they flashy thing him like in MiB?

The biometric machine thing is interesting though and it seemed like he was correct about it, maybe he was working on something mundane like that lol.

What if it's just some guy that found Area 51 on a hike and invited his friends to go look at them testing Stealth Bombers or Drones? Invented a story to make himself sound interesting to his friends and go visit brothels behind his wife's back and it spiraled out of control.
For every bit of truth to this guys story, there has been an equal amount of disinformation put out to deny his story.
The secret mountain hanger has been revealed on google earth recently so that lines up.
This guy isn't profiting off this, nor has he even tried. He only ever wanted to pass the information into the public domain.
His educational credentials may seem faked at first, but there is an avalanche of others over the years with the same deal, more of them with military clearances than just "I was at Harvard" or whatever.

In any case, it's sadly been he said, she said thing since the disinfo came about.
Sucks, cause his science is sound.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Lazar has been playing this game since the 70s. If he's lying or telling the truth. He had a long time getting his presentation down pat.

ya lazar was doing discovery channel shows when 'it's aliens' guy was still on his mama's tit

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ya lazar was doing discovery channel shows when 'it's aliens' guy was still on his mama's tit
it really should piss UFO true believers off that this guy is the face of their movement. the hair guy on ancient aliens gives me shame because people think i believe his bullshit when i talk about ancient high tech civs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users