Andor

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So "we know this character died, no reason to get invested" is developed into a series that will end in 2 seasons because "we know this series ends right before the movie where this character dies... no reason to get invested"

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Going to be an agree to disagree point, because you have a point for sure, we know a lot of these people are dead within 5 years. But getting to see the rebellion being formed will be worth the watch for me. Rebels is a microcosm of this show and its some of the best SW there has been IMO. I fully expect Phoenix Squadron incorporated to some degree in season 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Going to be an agree to disagree point, because you have a point for sure, we know a lot of these people are dead within 5 years. But getting to see the rebellion being formed will be worth the watch for me. Rebels is a microcosm of this show and its some of the best SW there has been IMO. I fully expect Phoenix Squadron incorporated to some degree in season 2.
Rebels was written by people who actually like Star Wars.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Fire Trash GIF

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I cannot express how unexcited I was by this when it was announced and how I became slightly more interested every time they showed a new trailer, to the point where I am genuinely exited about it now.

I still don’t like the prequel idea because we know nothing happens to Andor who is alive for Rogue One so that takes a bit of tension off.

This seems to have the best production values of any of the Star Wars tv shows so far. I’m really looking forward to it.

Please be good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
I use the negrita scale, the more ugly black women in the show the lower the score. So far in the trailer I see zero so...

b09ceaae235b34b4d0078c04a8797e75.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I know people love shitting on all thing star wars, but this is actually looking good. I like the tone. If the story and characters are good I think it could be the best SW show so far, just like RO was the best new SW movie. Plus i love all the world building + Politicking.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I know people love shitting on all thing star wars, but this is actually looking good. I like the tone. If the story and characters are good I think it could be the best SW show so far, just like RO was the best new SW movie. Plus i love all the world building + Politicking.
If they live up to the words, perhaps. IE, have them actually have to make terrible choices. Sacrifice civilians to achieve the objective, ect, i could be a good show.

I predict this will be like all starwars. Bad guys comically evil, good guys only are good. Have people spin around with shiny glow sticks.

Mandalorian was a fluke.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I don't think the story for mando is that great tbh. Rogue One took the chance and killed off everyone, if they take the same kinds of risks and writing and dark grittiness I think I'll like it more than Mando. Mando is cool but a lot of it is filler/spaghetti western/adventure of the week shit. I like the longer arcs.

• 1Picard

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
So initial reactions are out. Most of the reviewers I follow who didn’t like the new shit and whose opinions I trust are saying it’s awesome and not at all like any of the current SW. a lot more like RO, very character and spy thriller heavy

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Please don't be another try-hard female lead. Jeeeesus christ Reeva, or whatever her name was, made Prequel acting look top notch compared to her shit. It's like they don't even try anymore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
The showrunner for this show said he doesn't give a fuck about Star Wars. Thank fucking God maybe we will get something new and it sounds like we are.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Please don't be another try-hard female lead. Jeeeesus christ Reeva, or whatever her name was, made Prequel acting look top notch compared to her shit. It's like they don't even try anymore.

The only woman to be in all episodes is Mon Mothma

spronk

FPS noob
dropping 3 episodes to start is a really smart move and i hope more shows start doing that. I'll rewatch Rogue One this weekend, I haven't watched it since theaters but I remember mostly liking it for the side characters and found the two mains (including Cassian Andor) super generic and boring.

Hopefully the show has a wide range of interesting characters, what I REALLY hope is not a single lightsaber shows up but it feels impossible for a Star Wars IP not to rely on three crutches: Skywalker name, lightsaber, and having to save some dumbass kid. If no lightsaber shows up in season 1 of Andor it will be a literal miracle.

I think critics got 4 episodes to watch, we'll get 3 on 9/21

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I had no idea this existed till I saw an ad on twitch, and the first thing was big caps that basically said "made by rogue one people, not those other shitty new starwars people". So I am kind of interested.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I rewatched Rogue One recently and really enjoyed it. It's definitely a highlight amongst the jagged, uneven mess that is modern Star Wars. It's just a shame that the protagonist had all the charisma of a flea. Fix that (and the janky Tarkin deep fake) and it could easily rank favorably alongside the OT.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know people love shitting on all thing star wars,
No, actually, we don't fucking like it at all.

Rogue One took the chance and killed off everyone
Because they took an story idea that probably could have been done in an episode or two of a TV show, painfully padded the run time out well past two hours, and wedged it into a tiny time period where if any of the characters did survive it would immediately raise the question of why they weren't present in Episode 4.