Andor

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't, never got that into breaking bad past the second season either.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I haven't, never got that into breaking bad past the second season either.

Breaking bad finished 10 years ago and ran for five seasons

BCS is a prequel on its six and final season. So two actors are ten years older, playing younger versions of themselves

spronk

FPS noob
obi-wan is now over and in a bit over 2 months Andor will debut, She Hulk is in early august. I am looking forward to this show, while I expect it to have a lot of modern day political injections about refugees, how the poor are treated, etc it is an interesting time period of the seeds of the republic.

It takes place 5 years before A New Hope, so 4 years after Obi-Wan. I don't think we will see any Jedi, Darth Vader, Palpatine, or anything like that but we'll see.

One REALLY good thing, especially for those of us who watched Obi-Wan, is that the showrunners have confirmed there is NO usage of Volume in Andor. Volume is the new system pioneered by ILM and Mandalorian where the soundstage has a massive screen on it which projects in real time the background set the director wants to use, Tatooine or the bridge of a Star Destroyer or cantinas or whatever. Mando used it really well, but Obi-Wan used it poorly. Everything for Andor though is on real sets or green screen, so more flexibility in space and movement.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
obi-wan is now over and in a bit over 2 months Andor will debut, She Hulk is in early august. I am looking forward to this show, while I expect it to have a lot of modern day political injections about refugees, how the poor are treated, etc it is an interesting time period of the seeds of the republic.

It takes place 5 years before A New Hope, so 4 years after Obi-Wan. I don't think we will see any Jedi, Darth Vader, Palpatine, or anything like that but we'll see.

One REALLY good thing, especially for those of us who watched Obi-Wan, is that the showrunners have confirmed there is NO usage of Volume in Andor. Volume is the new system pioneered by ILM and Mandalorian where the soundstage has a massive screen on it which projects in real time the background set the director wants to use, Tatooine or the bridge of a Star Destroyer or cantinas or whatever. Mando used it really well, but Obi-Wan used it poorly. Everything for Andor though is on real sets or green screen, so more flexibility in space and movement.
The technology behind Volume sounds pretty cool.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Even though it's set in the past, this has a chance to break Star Wars out of the formula. I don't care if it injects politics into it as long as it gets away from the "traditional" Star Wars Disney has been delivering, or what they think Star Wars has to be.

No Volume is a huge plus. Hopefully risks are taken with plot and characters.

spronk

FPS noob
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Pushed back to Sept 21st with 3 episode premiere

• 1I Came
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Honestly this doesn't even look bad, I just know better then to get my hopes up

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Yeah that looks pretty good even though I didn't think the character in R1 was all that interesting.

Maybe The Mandalorian will actually have some company outside of the shit pile.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Looks amazing, but the Obi Wan trailers also looked good. Will wait and see since these Star Wars shows have been bad aside from Mando.

spronk

FPS noob
This is the Star Wars show Disney has poured the most money and effort into, its filmed in the UK so I assume a lot of brit extras actors like GOT, the showrunner is Tony Gilroy who is famous for the Bourne series. It also doesn't use the StageCraft volume screen stuff that Mandalorian was famous for but Obi-Wan and the recent MCU shows have used really poorly, Andor is all usual movie green screen / sound stages.

Interesting it got pushed back though, originally was supposed to be Aug 31st so a 3 week pushback is odd. I guess the Obi-Wan / Ms. Marvel them convinced them that its pointless to run two things at once since Ms. Marvel didn't do so great, and She-Hulk starts in 2 weeks plus Rings of Power and House of Dragon all start in early Sept.

This show is 12 episodes for season 1 and already was green lit for season 2 so pretty fucking long too.

Trailer does look amazing though, and fuck yeah Saw Guerrera

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Pushed back to Sept 21st with 3 episode premiere

Is that mas kanata at 2:10?

Also, was that mofo at the beginning carrying an AK-47? Looks pretty good but I feel like we've already had a couple of stories where we "witnessed the beginning of the rebellion." How many times are they going back to that?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This is interesting, by far the show I was looking forward to the least…but every time they show something my interest goes up. This latest trailer looks really really good. I‘m now officially excited for this show.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It looks pretty nice. I just kind of hate already knowing how it ends. It makes me wish they had never made Rogue One as a movie and had just started with this. The trailer for Obi Wan was not nearly as interesting to me. The idea of Obi Wan was but that got fucked up all to hell. This idea does not interest me but the trailer makes this look really good. I guess we will see soon enough.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Until the sequel trilogy is retconed and they aren't pidgenholed into a post-prequel pre-sequel time period.

They're not. They can go as far back in history as they like.