Android/iOS/Browser games

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Crone, try Fargoal too, really fun 3rd person dungeon crawl game that you can pause and pick up at any point with no microtransactions. Great for work
wink.png
Sword of Fargoal is $1.99 on the iOS app store. I'm a cheap ass. lol!

All this talk of Brave Frontier makes me want to give it another shot. I do agree with other posters on here that it didn't hook me right away. I was like... why am I doing this?

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
If you are on the fence between Brave Frontier and Puzzles and Dragons I would suggest Brave Frontier. I tried PaD but the UI alone pissed me the fuck off.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Document is underway. I should have it done later tonight, I think, depending on how much effort I want to pour into it. As I started typing I realized how much basic information that's useful to know that there actually is.

Good day in the Totem dungeons. Two miracles captured, and one of those runs had a light totem. Evolved two more units to 6*, my Behemoth and Lance. Omega Behemoth is a useful leader for Spark Burst teams.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are on the fence between Brave Frontier and Puzzles and Dragons I would suggest Brave Frontier. I tried PaD but the UI alone pissed me the fuck off.
Seriously? What was it, was it too intuitive or too responsive? I'm enjoying Brave Frontier, but that UI is clunky as fuck and the constant loading screens are killing me. Every time I want to exit a dungeon area I have to hit back first, I can't just select where I want to go on the bottom of the screen.

Love how the edit team screen is set up though.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
ID 3763245247 for Brave Frontier. I usually leave a Drake Queen Aisha up as my leader. Been playing for a few months but I ended up rerolling due to a failed backup after switching roms a bit over a month ago.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
all this talk of Brave Frontier i had to give it a shot too...
still learning it, after tutorial i got a vampire.. no idea if good or not, right now just doing some quests. Seems to be a pretty simple game so far, i'm sure i'm missing something.
not sure what some of these max level 1 units do...
but for now i'll just keep chugging along.

ID: 9409259208

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Ive been playing around withHonor Bounda bit. Its pretty cool, turn based RPG lite where you level up your units, capture new ones go through dungeons, PvP...etc...
I really wanted to enjoy this game. I feel like it has potential, but combat is, frankly, not very interesting, and upgrading/evolving units is way too expensive.

What do you enjoy the most about it?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Been playing Heroes of Dragon Age lately and enjoying it, but they just went and released some shit that's essentially killing the game for those who don't spend tons of money (and I'm a 100% FTP person), so I'm looking for something similar if anyone can point me in the right direction? I looked up these games ya'll are talking about but I just can't get past the graphics. Actually one thing I liked about HoDA was the amazing graphics. Anyway, if anyone's familiar with HoDA and knows of similar games, share! =)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Slingshot Braves(Android&iOS) is awesome.

I downloaded it a couple months ago on a whim then never played it. Started messing around today and I love it.

You have 3 characters(2 on screen at a time, can swap mid-fight) that you "launch" at the enemies. Depending what weapon type they have equipped they will attack/react in different ways. Everyone bounces off walls and your other character. Hammer will attack the first enemy he runs in to and his attack is a big AE. Lance will run through enemies and bounce etc. Swords attack the enemy before bouncing off them. Etc etc. You have a charge meter that fills up as you get combos(bouncing off your partner counts as combo and each weapon has a special attack.

It uses the 5 gem gacha machine mechanic like PAD. 1 machine for weapons 1 for armor. Can level up gear and add elemental orb things to it.

There's also co-op missions with your friends where you each bring 2 characters and take turns attacking. If one of you disconnects you just continue by controlling all 4 characters. It's pretty cool.

Finally, there's some kind of beginner bonus thing going on right now so it's a good time to start. Co-op missions use no stamina right now so that's cool. And normal/event missions you get to continue for free, which is crazy because as long as you are patient you can just keep continuing until you win=P And after continues you have a full charge meter so you get some extra damage in.

My invite code is

GRIMMECI

Put it in at the start when you're signing up and you'll get 5 free stones. Not sure what I get.

Game is a battery hog, 3D and lots of color etc I guess.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bump of an old thread, but just a general question out there to everyone. Taking a trip this weekend, and was looking for suggestions for offline games to play while on the plain. I'm on iOS 8. So has to be an iphone game!

Lots of games out there, but I feel most have an online requirement. Any offline games people can suggest? Appreciate it.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
If anyone still plays Guardian Cross, or hasn't played, or wants to come back, I'd love a few hits on the invite code. I had to restart because I'm a moron and forgot to transfer my account from my old phone.

My friend code's FR24369. It's on iOS only these days. Thanks in advance.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Couple of games that have been the focus of my mobile time.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes- Standard Freemium type game like BF or P&D but with a couple of differences. Your Heroes are earned through tokens. Collect enough tokens on any hero and you can summon them. Additional tokens go toward increasing their star level and effectiveness. Except for a few (and there are a lot), it's mostly about time to gain a Hero. Tokens are earned in a few ways. There's Freemium currency, Crystals, and a few other currencies for different activities. It's a bit much to get into in this short space though, so here's a goodguide. Now, here's the part that'll turn people off. They sell Heroes outright in packs. The packs are expensive but they guarantee a Hero (or 4) plus more tokens, some leveling mats, and some money. It plays heavily upon the impatient. Still early into its release with a few balancing issues but my wife has already complained I'm spending too much time on it so it's got my attention at least.

Dungeon Boss- Pretty much exactly like the above game with the tokens and the packs. Came out a few months ago. They just added guilds to the game and they do a fair amount of events to keep things interesting. They take the Pay aspect a bit further with a VIP system depending on how much money you've spent. At $100 you gain access to an exclusive portal which features access to certain Heroes before they get released to the masses. Plus other benefits like increased exp gain for your heroes, more friends, minimum hero levels.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Checking out the SW game - it's actually kinda fun. You get soooooooooo much energy first starting out (from leveling so much) but I hear the slow rate of energy regen is kinda sucky in this game?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm level 40 in it and I dunno, the regen is okay. It's quicker I think than in many games.

I finished rank 120 in todays arena, not bad for not having spent any money.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Checking out the SW game - it's actually kinda fun. You get soooooooooo much energy first starting out (from leveling so much) but I hear the slow rate of energy regen is kinda sucky in this game?
When you get closer to level 40 you slow down a lot. Prior to that doing all the dailies will level you up once or twice.

You gain 1 energy every 6 minutes for normal fights. Cantina fights (which unlock later) are 1 energy every 12 minutes. I've found it to be about right, tbh. A lot of times I end up using up my sim tickets to burn energy when I don't have time to really sit and do the fights.

moontayle

Golden Squire
When you get closer to level 40 you slow down a lot. Prior to that doing all the dailies will level you up once or twice.

You gain 1 energy every 6 minutes for normal fights. Cantina fights (which unlock later) are 1 energy every 12 minutes. I've found it to be about right, tbh. A lot of times I end up using up my sim tickets to burn energy when I don't have time to really sit and do the fights.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The whole energy thing is bogus. If it recharged over like a week or something maybe but so many games I'm like well, that was a fun 15 minutes. OK, later.

I can't quite tell if it's an anti-addiction thing for kids, paywall or what.