Android/iOS/Browser games

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
The whole energy thing is bogus. If it recharged over like a week or something maybe but so many games I'm like well, that was a fun 15 minutes. OK, later.

I can't quite tell if it's an anti-addiction thing for kids, paywall or what.
The truth is that its a little bit of both an anti-burnout and a paywall.

Its easy to burnout on games that are rather shallow so by limiting your play time they keep you from burning out earlier, thus increasing the odds that you will eventually spend money on the game because you have invested so much time in it, yet they still offer you the chance to buy your way into burning out but then they have already cashed in, so its a bit of a win-win scenario.

I am a lot like you, I tend to play a little bit of these games, get frustrated at the time walls and just stop completely but we are in the minority.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Couple of games that have been the focus of my mobile time.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes- Standard Freemium type game like BF or P&D but with a couple of differences. Your Heroes are earned through tokens. Collect enough tokens on any hero and you can summon them. Additional tokens go toward increasing their star level and effectiveness. Except for a few (and there are a lot), it's mostly about time to gain a Hero. Tokens are earned in a few ways. There's Freemium currency, Crystals, and a few other currencies for different activities. It's a bit much to get into in this short space though, so here's a goodguide. Now, here's the part that'll turn people off. They sell Heroes outright in packs. The packs are expensive but they guarantee a Hero (or 4) plus more tokens, some leveling mats, and some money. It plays heavily upon the impatient. Still early into its release with a few balancing issues but my wife has already complained I'm spending too much time on it so it's got my attention at least.

Dungeon Boss- Pretty much exactly like the above game with the tokens and the packs. Came out a few months ago. They just added guilds to the game and they do a fair amount of events to keep things interesting. They take the Pay aspect a bit further with a VIP system depending on how much money you've spent. At $100 you gain access to an exclusive portal which features access to certain Heroes before they get released to the masses. Plus other benefits like increased exp gain for your heroes, more friends, minimum hero levels.
I kind of like Dungeon Boss. It's interesting for now.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The truth is that its a little bit of both an anti-burnout and a paywall.

Its easy to burnout on games that are rather shallow so by limiting your play time they keep you from burning out earlier, thus increasing the odds that you will eventually spend money on the game because you have invested so much time in it, yet they still offer you the chance to buy your way into burning out but then they have already cashed in, so its a bit of a win-win scenario.

I am a lot like you, I tend to play a little bit of these games, get frustrated at the time walls and just stop completely but we are in the minority.
I meant it more that I would prefer to sit down and play the game for a bit instead of logging in 10 minutes every hour. Some of those energy systems are pretty severe restrictions on actually playing the game.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looking for some thoughts on SW: Galaxies of Heroes. I did what I probably shouldn't have, and spent all my initial crystals on packs. I did end up with Ugnaught, who I'm not using, and an Ewok Elder, who I was able to replace my Ewok Scout with. Still only have 4 Dark side guys, with an empty 5th slot, though. So my current groups are (just like I guess every other new player) Ewok Elder, Jawa, Jedi Consular, Clone Wars Chewy, and Clone Sergeant - and Talia, Snowtrooper, Royal Guard, and IG-86 Sentinel Droid. Been trying to farm shards for the Jedi Consular and Royal Guard, along with spending my pvp tokens on Darth Sidious. Sorta also farming Count Dooku. My Dark team is not nearly as well geared (or leveled) as my Light team.

Any particular advice on what to farm (or not) in the early game?

Also, only 3 pvp fights a day unless you pay crystals? Da fuq?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Should be 5 fights a day. That's how many I get.

The first Cantina fight is a Geonosian soldier. That ended up being my 5th DS unlock to make a full team. I got lucky on my saved up 8 pull, got 3 new characters, including IG-100.

For PvP I'm pumping tokens into Ventress (actually summoned her the other day). Cantina tokens I'm doing Ahsoka and Galactic War tokens I'm doing Luminara. Not going to spread out things, I figure it's better to have a few really good, high star heroes than a bunch of low stars. As far as your situation goes, I would figure to just keep doing what you're doing. I mean, if you feel like you're going to stick around for a bit then there's no need to press.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK, Dungeon Boss is really fun. It's probably my favorite overall phone game right now. You do have to grind up to level 28 before you open up the big content thing which is this daily 'ironman' dungeon challenge thing where you use your entire team, not healing between matches, to beat all the floors of the dungeon tower.

Simple and quick gameplay with typical Pokemon/tactics style combat but it keeps you on your toes. Lots of headroom to improve characters/squads. Don't need to spend money really, but a little bit on a few bundles helps a ton.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I threw $10 at them and have felt like I got my money's worth. I've done three 10x pulls, got some good stuff out of that. You will reach a point where it slows down but generally doing the xp dailies (get your dungeon gold 2x, get 5 hero levels, train 6 skills) you'll level up a couple times a week. Best advice I can give is focus on getting the tokens needed to advance two or three heroes at a time. As you get further in the campaign, more runs will open up, giving you more opportunities to get tokens. Doing this I was able to 6* Willow just recently.

I also wouldn't worry about keeping every Hero at max level. Keep a team of around 6 within 2-3 levels of max and you should be good.

Thori

Trakanon Raider
Is anyone playing Fantasy War Tactics?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xon.fwar&hl=en

I'm having a blast with it, not running into any paywalls or anything like that. Resources seem to be plentiful and premium currency is not hard to come by, You can earn 40 a day just from daily quests, daily login rewards and stuff. ALL the heros are available without paying anything, but like many of the mobile games its stamina based and leveling up skills can be grindy.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I threw $10 at them and have felt like I got my money's worth. I've done three 10x pulls, got some good stuff out of that. You will reach a point where it slows down but generally doing the xp dailies (get your dungeon gold 2x, get 5 hero levels, train 6 skills) you'll level up a couple times a week. Best advice I can give is focus on getting the tokens needed to advance two or three heroes at a time. As you get further in the campaign, more runs will open up, giving you more opportunities to get tokens. Doing this I was able to 6* Willow just recently.

I also wouldn't worry about keeping every Hero at max level. Keep a team of around 6 within 2-3 levels of max and you should be good.
Lucked out and got Icebloom to 5* because of events and got full unlock igorok and hit 4* with him. Icebloom is really really good if a bit RNG. I'm using her after 3 rogues to kill at least the first normal speed hero so she can get her snowstorm ability off. It's hilarious.

Also am doing 12 floor every day with my tactics on pwn dungeon now so rolling in gems. Full week is almost a ten pull on heroic portal and you can easily hit that with random quests. Saved up to 3500 right now but I really don't want more water heroes so going to packrat until the next interesting bonus off of it.

This game is great though, it's literally everything fun about running dungeons in WoW without the nonsense parts and relying on others. I'm 45 now and I don't feel I'm running out of content, especially with the massive amount of new content being added all things considered. I was really surprised to see how young the game was considering how awesome the holiday event is and the new dungeons and hero.

My only worry at this point is the level 61 pvp brackets are apparently super competitive with people throwing $50+ dollars in gems each day on them on the weekends. However there's apparently a trick to avoid the top brackets, you just have to wait after it resets to start attacks as it fills brackets first come first serve. Right now I'm pretty much always top 20.

Also stacking guild crowns, they said a store is coming soon for them and they are saving lifetime amounts. Hoping to see a fast tank added one day.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone check out Crashlands? Oddball craft+RPG game.

edit: It's android/IOS and Steam too, so with the proper login you can actually play it anywhere...

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone check out Crashlands? Oddball craft+RPG game.

edit: It's android/IOS and Steam too, so with the proper login you can actually play it anywhere...
Yeah. It's a pretty fun game. Highly recommend it. My older daughter also loves it as well, so it's relatively kid friendly.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah. It's a pretty fun game. Highly recommend it. My older daughter also loves it as well, so it's relatively kid friendly.
I'm just getting started, how long have you sunk into it, and what platform(s) do you play on?

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm just getting started, how long have you sunk into it, and what platform(s) do you play on?
It's complicated, but I got it on Steam and play it on a 2-1 Lenovo laptop/tablet. Not too far in, maybe a couple of hours.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's complicated, but I got it on Steam and play it on a 2-1 Lenovo laptop/tablet. Not too far in, maybe a couple of hours.
I've been playing on my iPhone, so I sort of want to try it out on iPad & my Win10 desktop. I found a super-rare tri-blade from sawgrass and made some sweet gloves, and then also had a epic level gloves.

The fighting is a bit wonky, especially if you're trying to kill something that's more powerful than your gear.

OneofOne

Still enjoying Star Wars: GoH. Got a really nice patch coming out here soon, so things are only getting better. Fairly simple game, but I dunno, I guess the SW IP just really draws me in. Plus the art is fantastic.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Can you post a snapshot of your map? I'm trying to figure out what is random on this game so far.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Still enjoying Star Wars: GoH. Got a really nice patch coming out here soon, so things are only getting better. Fairly simple game, but I dunno, I guess the SW IP just really draws me in. Plus the art is fantastic.
Just read the patch notes. EA is still greedy as fuck but the devs at least seem to care about addressing player complaints and the health of the game and the patch notes show that.

I'm level 67, but have stopped leveling heroes past 62 for the time being. Can't do some content but I need to broaden my roster and spending 2 days worth of training droids on one toon just to get a single level is not the best approach imo.

OneofOne

I'm 68 with my main 6 guys maxed. I have enough training droids to take 1 guy from 1-68 and another from 1-48 - but cash is my issue heh It would take 2 million to do 1-68. I'm sitting with a level 1 Vader, level 1 Asajj Ventress (I'm about to star up for the 3rd time to 6 lol), a level 1 Daka, and a Dooku frozen at 59. Need more cash! I'll be so glad when I hit max level so I can stop spending so much leveling up my main guys and focus more on leveling up my 2nd (and 3rd) stringers.

Do you use your daily crystals to do 2x energy resets at 50 apiece and 1x cantina energy for 100? Do you finish the GW every day? Do you hit (at least) the top 50 in PvP? My GW team (all gear level 8) is Barriss Offee 4s, Phasma 6s, Sidious 7s, Jawa 6s (don't laugh, I love my little glass cannon haha), and Luminara 7s. Backups are JC at 68, Boba Fett at 66, Ahsoka Tano at 61, Dooku at 59, Talia at 58, and Chewie at 53. I can clear it at least 5x a week, but I can really use another 2-4 maxed guys. Clearing the GW as often as possible is were the money is at. I really want a Kylo Ren and Poe but... ug feel like I need to finish off some of the other guys I have first, like Boba Fett and Dooku.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Game:Seven Knights
Platform:IOS / Android

Genre: Monster collector RPG

Bluestacks Compatible:Yes

Gameplay Video
https://youtu.be/WQypbxbf6RY

Guild Name:TeamRR

Overview
Monster collection RPG game. Very low intensity compared to most out there. Easy to get the great units, but grindy to make them the best. Originally released in Korea, there is a lot of content already developed that is getting moved over to the global server. Most fights autobattle, however you can queue skills. PVP is entirely automated on both sides. A few of the summoners war group is playing it as a break and would love more RR folks to play with.

We use Line heavily for this and Summoner's War - so feel friend to shoot me a message under "aevry" if you'd like an invite to the chat.