Annoying shit your wife does

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I guess I buy clothes if I need them, don't buy if I don't need, whatever I spent on clothes was necessary so that data doesn't help me. Following rule A which is DONT BUY DUMB SHIT eliminates the need to track necessities because you only bought necessities.
My wife just bought clothes...for the fucking dog. $10, but still.

If only it was that easy.

• 2Picard
  • 1Jew
  • 1Brony
Reactions: 3 users

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
So do you go home and sit in the dark, watch your black and white TV and wait to go to bed or what? Not trying to be a smartass but unless you're the world's loneliest person, you are going to have to buy non-necessities from time to time so you don't end up eating a shotgun.

I personally have a lot of people who rely on me to not be a shit head with my money. So a tool that allows me to be a bit more responsible works for me. If I want a television ? I put x money in the budget for it. It makes me think about things I wouldn't think about "because I make enough money".

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Look man If that's what you want to do that's fine bro. But sometimes people need to examine their money and be disciplined because they think making 6 figures gives them infinite money to blow on whatever bullshit. Which we CONTINUALLY said "we make over six figures why do we not have any money?

In march we spent 1700 dollars on eating out and other food. That is 700 bucks off our normal routine. It allowed us to reconfigure and get it down to a more manageable and fiscally conservative figure.

You spend $1700 eating out? Jesus christ man. Don't buy dumb shit. Like food you can easily make yourself.

• 2Jew
  • 1Brony
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I love buying dumb shit. My rule is: Make sure your bills and savings/retirement are covered, then buy dumb shit.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 5 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
So do you go home and sit in the dark, watch your black and white TV and wait to go to bed or what? Not trying to be a smartass but unless you're the world's loneliest person, you are going to have to buy non-necessities from time to time so you don't end up eating a shotgun.

Absolutely not, but the easiest shit to eliminate is:

1> impulse purchases
2> eating out
3> alcohol while out

Like buying shit for your dog, impulse clothes shopping, or eating out just to eat (should be eating at home) those are non necessities and can be eliminated. Spend whatever you want on your discretionary stuff for fun, and track that. But when you eliminate unnecessary bullshit, your discretionary income will skyrocket and you'll wonder why you lit your money on fire that way. Eating out sucks anyway, fucking waste of time.

• 1Picard
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 1 users

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
You spend $1700 eating out? Jesus christ man. Don't buy dumb shit. Like food you can easily make yourself.

It was birthday season. I know 5 people with birthdays in march. It always upticks but we got really stressed with everything and ate a ton of "eat out" lunches. It brings me back to my point, We examined the data, found an anomoly and fixed it the next months. We could have got into that routine again where we were blowing 30 bucks a lunch.

• 1Worf
  • 1Jew

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Cad lecturing everyone about spending money on dumb shit. Has a Porsche.

True, but it probably won't cost me much money to own. I ripped them off bad buying it and will sell it to a rube. Vs. buying shitty food that I have to sit and wait for some minimum wage lackey to bring me.

• 2Jew
  • 1Garbage

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It was birthday season. I know 5 people with birthdays in march. It always upticks but we got really stressed with everything and ate a ton of "eat out" lunches. It brings me back to my point, We examined the data, found an anomoly and fixed it the next months. We could have got into that routine again where we were blowing 30 bucks a lunch.

Guess I don't see how you need a spreadsheet to tell you not to spend $30 a day on lunch.

• 2Jew

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
True, but it probably won't cost me much money to own. I ripped them off bad buying it and will sell it to a rube. Vs. buying shitty food that I have to sit and wait for some minimum wage lackey to bring me.

I'm not buying this dumb shit

• 2Like
  • 2Ice Burn
  • 2Jew
Reactions: 7 users

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I like to cook, so we rarely eat out and I always make my lunches for the week. I'm amazed how much some of these people at work spend on lunches, and then aren't even putting enough in their 401k for the company match. Retards.

• 2Like
  • 1Jew

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not buying this dumb shit

Hey... you go buy a $90k rare used car and then keep it 2 years and sell it, and tell me how much it cost you to own. I am estimating $3500/yr. As long as the goddamn PDK doesn't explode I should be fine.

• 1Jew

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Eating out sucks anyway, fucking waste of time.

On the whole, I agree with you except when I hit this. Where are you eating out? I've admittedly spent an unreal amount of money eating out at places like Masa, French Laundry, Bardot and that shit was worth every penny.

• 1Jew

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
On the whole, I agree with you except when I hit this. Where are you eating out? I've admittedly spent an unreal amount of money eating out at places like Masa, French Laundry, Bardot and that shit was worth every penny.

I could name all the nice Dallas restaurants that I've been to but I assure you I've been to them all and rarely paid for it. I just don't like sitting and waiting for service. I'm much more of a make eggs/chicken/whatever and sit on the couch and watch a show while I eat with my kids type of guy.

• 2Like
  • 1Jew

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Buys 90k car. Lectures people about non-essential spending. Can't explain that.

In terms of cost to own per year, my car will cost less than whoever it was that bought that 2016 Honda Pilot. I'm actually pretty economical about it. :p

• 1Jew
  • 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
When we eat out at nice places, it's almost always on business dinners that I don't pay for. I don't mind waiting, since we're usually getting shit faced while we wait.

• 1Jew

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hey... you go buy a $90k rare used car and then keep it 2 years and sell it, and tell me how much it cost you to own. I am estimating $3500/yr. As long as the goddamn PDK doesn't explode I should be fine.

That may me true if you leave it in your garage and just have it to tell people you have it.

• 1Like
  • 1Jew

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
That may me true if you leave it in your garage and just have it to tell people you have it.

Work is 4.5 miles away. In 2 years I'll probably put like 8-9k miles on it. Pass the buck with little depreciation.

• 1Jew