Annoying shit your wife does

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Eat out for food you can't make at all(or well). Be it you're missing the equipment like a smoker for bbq or a salamander for really good steak, or you just fucking suck at it like sashimi. I'll gladly pay for those types of foods.

Otherwise, fucking overpaying for food that's handled by at least 3 people that aren't payed enough to give a proper fuck. I can cook a better meal and cleanup in less time it takes to go out 90% of the time.

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You want the dog to look like an idiot in spring fashion during summer?!

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 5 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
To add insult to injury, our dog is absolutely hideous. A good inch underbite. Fucking retard dog.

• 1Jew
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wish i knew a way to get an article about dog braces to your dumbass wife

• 2Like
  • 1Jew

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
On the whole, I agree with you except when I hit this. Where are you eating out? I've admittedly spent an unreal amount of money eating out at places like Masa, French Laundry, Bardot and that shit was worth every penny.

I am a sucker for fajitas.

• 1Jew

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Work is 4.5 miles away. In 2 years I'll probably put like 8-9k miles on it. Pass the buck with little depreciation.

Let's be honest here-- I only drive a few miles to work each day as well, but my under warranty S4 still runs more on a monthly basis than a Honda Pilot. Your porsche's insurance is higher, scheduled maintenance is higher, and tires are higher-- not to mention the monthly payments..Then of course there's depreciation in a city overflowing with 911's.

Nevertheless I don't put cars into the "useless shit" category. Just like a house, you buy one that fits your income. Plus, Nobody will think you're a very good lawyer if you drive a 2001 Civic. Useless shit is exactly that-- useless. Like buying an exercise bike for the home that never gets used.

• 1Like
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 1 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Let's be honest here-- I only drive a few miles to work each day as well, but my under warranty S4 still runs more on a monthly basis than a Honda Pilot. Your porsche's insurance is higher, scheduled maintenance is higher, and tires are higher-- not to mention the monthly payments..Then of course there's depreciation in a city overflowing with 911's.

Nevertheless I don't put cars into the "useless shit" category. Just like a house, you buy one that fits your income. Plus, Nobody will think you're a very good lawyer if you drive a 2001 Civic. Useless shit is exactly that-- useless. Like buying an exercise bike for the home that never gets used.

I don't have a monthly payment I change the oil myself, no major maintenance in the window I plan to own it, tires will last until I sell it, insurance is higher but you'd be surprised (I have USAA), and 997.2 Turbos aren't depreciating much thats why I thought it was a safe purchase.

• 1Jew

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I don't have a monthly payment I change the oil myself, no major maintenance in the window I plan to own it, tires will last until I sell it, insurance is higher but you'd be surprised (I have USAA), and 997.2 Turbos aren't depreciating much thats why I thought it was a safe purchase.

You bought it outright and do your own oil changes? I don't understand why anybody would pay cash for a car these days with finance rates hovering at 2% and cars being such heavily depreciating assets. The money I could have bought my car with sits in an etf making far more than 2%/year.

• 1Jew
  • 1Hodjing

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You bought it outright and do your own oil changes? I don't understand why anybody would pay cash for a car these days with finance rates hovering at 2% and cars being such heavily depreciating assets.

Yea, I had my X5 at like 2.2%, but when I traded the Cayman I had a lot of cash on hand and didn't want to buy into investments at the time. Generally I agree with you, I'm not making a financial case for buying them outright. Kind of a psychological thing, wife only complained once about that purchase where she'd complain every month about a $1500 payment. Lol.

• 1Jew

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Just tell her to buy some clothes for the dog and stfu.;

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 4 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I'll tell one on my manwife's behalf.

It drives him nuts I don't take my car to a carwash. I use it for my job in an urban area that has really fucking terrible infrastructure/streets. Looks like Mogodishu in some places, so the car gets dirty even driving around the heart of the city. We've got a park across the street so even when it rains the car ends up coated in a thin film of shitty pollen spots from all the trees and stuff. I seriously can't be bothered and he gets rustled. So there.

• 1Jew
  • 1Haram

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Never thought I'd someone see recommend not keeping a budget as sound financial advice. It's literally step one for everyone in getting finances under control. Make a budget.

• 1Worf
  • 1Jew
  • 1Like

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Never thought I'd someone see recommend not keeping a budget as sound financial advice. It's literally step one for everyone in getting finances under control. Make a budget.

Dude has a household income of what, 200-300k a year? More? In a low tax state. Of course he thinks that it's easy to keep spending under control while putting away savings. Only a fucking basket case couldn't make that work with next to no effort. Shit, I only live off my salary before profits, at around 110k a year, in a place where the cost of living is probably close to double, I don't bother controlling my spending on anything, and have a hard time spending more than 60-70k a year unless I've made a big purchase. But it's a whole different ballgame for a family with a household income in the 5 figure or low 6 figure range.

I do track everything meticulously, though. If only for curiosity. It's nice to be able to look up where it's going instantly. I've been using Quicken for 6-7 years, and it works fairly well. Some annoying shit, and they tend to break shit with every update, but it's good enough for me. Its handy as I also use it to track investment history and performance, which my accountant prefers to me just handing them a stack of trading records. It automatically downloads all transactions from my bank website, all I have to do is just categorize things. Maybe takes me ten minutes a week. And that's mostly time spent entering cash transactions manually.

• 4Jew
Reactions: 3 users